Not Voting
0%
0 0%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A simple poll
(10-27-2016, 03:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think you (and a lot of other people who think Hillary is going to win this election) underestimate just how much Trump's message resonates with the common working class man (or woman). People are fed up with the system and Trump is saying all of the right things (whether they hold true or not) to reel them in. 

Could any third party Joe Blow that had the same message as Trump have a legitimate shot at the presidential race? I doubt it. Thats where Trump's fame came in. People know him, know hes a good businessman (or so we are told), and respond to his message. 

Oh, I don't necessarily think Hillary wins. I don't underestimate Trump.

I'm just saying, would he run for a "Trump party" and therefore opposed to the GOP - he would probably be demonized by Reps and their Networks, he would get much less airtime, he would not be in the debates (or at least in fewer of them), and Hillary would just win easily.
Not saying he couldn't get Ross Perot numbers. But I'd assume that would be end of the line. Many conservative voters would still go GOP candidate and claim a Trump vote is "wasted" - and rightfully so. AS I said, were it Hillary vs. GOP candidate vs. Trump, Hillary would win easily. That I believe.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-27-2016, 03:27 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah we already reached that point. I think you're wrong - but I really hope I'm wrong and you're not. I get your stance. (Mine is - as long as your voting system don't change, nothing will.)

The Trump example, however, is flawed. His success stems from the fact that he entered the republican primaries, was in all the debates and media covered every fart he made. If he were an independent, that would never have happened to that extent. And he wouldn't stand a chance to get elected were he not running for the GOP.

-- Would you say that you're a libertarian?
Yes, we have been through it a bit, haven't we ?
Big Grin

I am a Republican Libertarian hybrid.
I'd say closer to Libertarian, so Conservative Libertarian ?
That being said, I also understand the political climate and what it would take to bring back disenfranchised voters.
As I stated in another thread, I believe the Libertarian Party needs to pitch themselves as a mediator between the Democrats and Republicans, who save tax dollars by reducing the gridlock that is occurring.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(10-27-2016, 03:56 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Yes, we have been through it a bit, haven't we ?
Big Grin

Big Grin Oh yeah, and always a pleasure.

[/quote]

Close enough...
I do understand that then - if someone feels libertarian-esque, sure, Johnson all the way. I still wouldn't in this election, but in general I get it.
(What I don't get is people just going third party out of protest without having bonds to the candidate they vote for - like the Sanders people going Johnson.)

(10-27-2016, 03:56 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: As I stated in another thread, I believe the Libertarian Party needs to pitch themselves as a mediator between the Democrats and Republicans, who save tax dollars by reducing the gridlock that is occurring.

Sure, sounds good, that would be meaningful. If only they could... if only they could gather some seats in the Houses... if only the system weren't so rigged against them.
(10-27-2016, 04:20 PM)hollodero Wrote: Big Grin Oh yeah, and always a pleasure.

(10-27-2016, 04:20 PM)hollodero Wrote: Close enough...
I do understand that then - if someone feels libertarian-esque, sure, Johnson all the way. I still wouldn't in this election, but in general I get it.
(What I don't get is people just going third party out of protest without having bonds to the candidate they vote for - like the Sanders people going Johnson.)

Sure, sounds good, that would be meaningful. If only they could... if only they could gather some seats in the Houses... if only the system weren't so rigged against them.
I agree.
Providing the Libertarian Party reaches major party status, my plan is to get small-town America heavily exposed to the LP.
Booths will be set up at fairs, festivals, and possibly local sporting events.
We will take meetings to the rural people, by utilizing Grange Halls (Township gathering place in semi-remote areas).
We will seek out candidates to run as Libertarian.
Once small towns become comfortable, we move to state representatives, and so on.

This is the way I believe we make a change.

Your welcome to call it a pipedream, but you never know unless you try.
(10-27-2016, 10:37 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I agree.
Providing the Libertarian Party reaches major party status, my plan is to get small-town America heavily exposed to the LP.
Booths will be set up at fairs, festivals, and possibly local sporting events.
We will take meetings to the rural people, by utilizing Grange Halls (Township gathering place in semi-remote areas).
We will seek out candidates to run as Libertarian.
Once small towns become comfortable, we move to state representatives, and so on.

This is the way I believe we make a change.

Your welcome to call it a pipedream, but you never know unless you try.

As I said - I hope I'm wrong about this and certainly admire your ambition.

Party needs to grow up a little, though. I took the liberty of watching some footage of the libertarian convention... well well well. The hearing of the candidates had some freakish touch.

With that being said, I will now leave this thread alone and look forward to the next thread we can derail.
(10-28-2016, 08:49 AM)hollodero Wrote: As I said - I hope I'm wrong about this and certainly admire your ambition.

Party needs to grow up a little, though. I took the liberty of watching some footage of the libertarian convention... well well well. The hearing of the candidates had some freakish touch.

With that being said, I will now leave this thread alone and look forward to the next thread we can derail.
I agree, yet again.
There are some extremists in the LP and quite a few strange people.
The image will need an overhaul and become more moderate on certain issues.

Yes, many apologies to WeezyBengal for going off track.
I'd also like to say that I was in no way attacking you for your options in the poll.
It was more tongue-in-cheek than it came across.