Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A statue for Marv at PBS?
Seen this on GoFundMe

I got a little chuckle out of it. My question is what would the statue look like?

Let's have some fun with this. What would a statue of Marv look like for you to donate to this cause?

One the size of a GI Joe.
One used to hold the hand towels in the restroom.
Statue of him clapping. The statue has a motion detector and yells "Do your job!" anytime someone walks by it.  

What are yours?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For me it would have to be that dumb smirk he always put on during press conferences right as he starts to giggle
Reply/Quote
Has to be either the clueless look (someone has it as their sig) from KC game that we saw so many times over the years, or my personal fav:

The golf clap "let's go!". Makes me want to run through a wall with snot bubbles.
Reply/Quote
It's gotta be a statue of him clapping. Has to be.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 11:12 AM)Big Boss Wrote: It's gotta be a statue of him clapping.  Has to be.

And the most mediocre statue you can buy. Nothing to pricey, but nothing to cheap. Should last at least 20 years. Maybe put it in a dark room with a sign that reads "no bright lights are permitted"? Or Statue will disappear. 

Ninja Hilarious  
Reply/Quote
How about if they name of thew urinals after him?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 11:32 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: How about if they name of thew urinals after him?

I was going to say something along the lines of making his statue a fire hydrant. Ninja

It's a dog thang!

Reply/Quote
Even a Marvin Lewis statue is going to fall well short of its goal.
Reply/Quote
Have Mike Tomlin and Bill Cowher Towering over him.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:14 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Have Mike Tomlin and Bill Cowher Towering over him.

Heinz Field is where they should put up his statue, and put him in their Ring of "Honor".

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Now I'm down with this.. Not so much for what hes done on the football field but for everything hes done for the city off it.
Reply/Quote
How about a hologram like they did for Tupac?
Reply/Quote
C'mon guys, we don't live in Cleveland or Pittsburgh
Reply/Quote
Well, I think that he IS the winningest Bengal coach in the history of the franchise.

But, then again, he's also lost more games than any other coach in the history of the franchise..

A statue to his honor would serve double duty as both his hall of fame piece, and his wall of shame memento. "Let us never forget"

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 06:45 PM)sandwedge Wrote: C'mon guys, we don't live in Cleveland or Pittsburgh

Just trying to have some fun with it. Really not much else to debate
Reply/Quote
A porta-potty. A real one.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 06:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, I think that he IS the winningest Bengal coach in the history of the franchise.

But, then again, he's also lost more games than any other coach in the history of the franchise..

A statue to his honor would serve double duty as both his hall of fame piece, and his wall of shame memento. "Let us never forget"

He’s also done more for the community than all of us combined by a wide margin. Not a bad guy whatsoever
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 07:31 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Just trying to have some fun with it. Really not much else to debate

I get that. Not trying to be an old stick in the mud, but we got what we wanted. Time to move on.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 07:32 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He’s also done more for the community than all of us combined by a wide margin. Not a bad guy whatsoever

Don't get the wrong impression, I have no ill feelings toward Marvin Lewis.  I'm just of the mindset that he had done all that he could do for the team, and his time to be effective had passed.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 07:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't get the wrong impression, I have no ill feelings toward Marvin Lewis.  I'm just of the mindset that he had done all that he could do for the team, and his time to be effective had passed.

Pretty spot on. 
Reply/Quote