Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A statue for Marv at PBS?
(01-02-2019, 07:32 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He’s also done more for the community than all of us combined by a wide margin. Not a bad guy whatsoever

You are very right about that. We'll all get judged someday on the type of person we are, not by what we did as living.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 07:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You are very right about that. We'll all get judged someday on the type of person we are, not by what we did as living.

Very true. My sarcastic remarks regarding the fire hydrant was solely based on his coaching. Damnit, now I feel bad. He has done a lot for the community and should get recognition. Not sure a statue is the answer because a lot of people have done a lot for the community. So a simple thank you or banner should suffice.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 08:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Very true. My sarcastic remarks regarding the fire hydrant was solely based on his coaching. Damnit, now I feel bad. He has done a lot for the community and should get recognition. Not sure a statue is the answer because a lot of people have done a lot for the community. So a simple thank you or banner should suffice.

Banner was what I was thinking, too.  Like they have for the players down on the concourses.  Put one each up for Sam and Forrest too, while you're at it.  All three should be honored.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I’ll give Scott Sloan the credit on this one. He was saying today 5k wouldn’t pay for a whole Marvin statue, so why not just make a bust of him. The perfect metaphor for Marvin and his playoff record here
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 08:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Very true. My sarcastic remarks regarding the fire hydrant was solely based on his coaching. Damnit, now I feel bad. He has done a lot for the community and should get recognition. Not sure a statue is the answer because a lot of people have done a lot for the community. So a simple thank you or banner should suffice.

Maybe it can be a Jekyll and Hyde type statue?  A single statue with one side representing his coaching career and the other for his contributions to the community.

Looking at the statue from the front (or maybe its the back) you get hand clapping within a very confused look on the face.  From the other side a confident Cincinnatian known for his community service and contributions.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 07:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't get the wrong impression, I have no ill feelings toward Marvin Lewis.  I'm just of the mindset that he had done all that he could do for the team, and his time to be effective had passed.

Right  But can still honor the person hes been to the community the last 16 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 11:02 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: What would a statue of Marv look like for you to donate to this cause?

[Image: naughty-statues-huta-stupidity-head-up-t...eople.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
A statue that disappears at Halftime.

(due to his infamous lack of half-time adjustments) Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I'd want a 3-statue diorama of Mike Brown sitting at a desk listening to Marvin and Carson plead with him to do stuff every other NFL franchise does. There could be a plaque there that says:

No.
---Mike Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 12:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd want a 3-statue diorama of Mike Brown sitting at a desk listening to Marvin and Carson plead with him to do stuff every other NFL franchise does.  There could be a plaque there that says:

No.
---Mike Brown

With Corey Dillon throwing his shoulder pads on the side.

I don't hate Marvin, I never have. In fact I like the guy ! It was just time for him to go 6 or 8 years ago.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:58 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: A statue that disappears at Halftime.

(due to his infamous lack of half-time adjustments) Hilarious

Half-time adjustments are just a myth portrayed by the media
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 10:21 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Half-time adjustments are just a myth portrayed by the media

Ah, yes, the "journalistic jargon."

Merv may be gone, but the Mervisms will live on in our hearts and this board.  We'll still be quoting this guy a decade from now. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
A marv statue might make sense years from now, but nobody makes statues of coaches that just got fired or am I missing something here?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote