Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you trade for a top player
We have threads talking about trading AJ and Geno but what about trading our picks for a top player. For example Travis Kelce for the 11th pick of the draft or Bobby Wagner for the 11th pick?
I don't think this team is that far away and their a couple of players that I think could solve our issues immediately if we we're to make a trade.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
For a single first rounder you're gonna get a good but not elite player. It comes down to whether we wanna roll the dice and go for an elite player or if we can afford to just get a good player instead.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You just shouldn't rule out any possible way to improve your team, though the price for such a player can be immense. For example, the Bears had to give up 2 1st round picks, a 3rd, and a 6th to get Khalil Mack, a 2nd, and a conditional 5th. I don't think that anyone would argue at this point that the Bears made a mistake, though time will truly tell. We won't know for 2 years whom those picks turn into for the Raiders, so it may ultimately prove to be a worthwhile move for both teams.

Of course, you better not miss with such a deal. That said, it's not like drafted players don't carry some risk of their own, albeit not as much from a salary perspective.
Reply/Quote
Been saying it for a coupla weeks now.

If there’s ever been a time to make bold moves, now is that time!!!
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Will a single player be the difference between success and failure with this team? So it would have to depend on who the player is and what the cost is.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'd trade it for Kelce... Don't think they'd come off of him. I dunno about Wagner. He's great, but I'm on the fence with that one. He is proven though... So there's that.

Short answer... Yes I'd trade that pick for a proven commodity.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 07:28 PM)pally Wrote: Will a single player be the difference between success and failure with this team? So it would have to depend on who the player is and what the cost is.

Whoever they draft in the first won't be either.

But this team isn't as far away as some of us think. Tweak both lines, address LB, and they're right there again.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The way I see it is there is a chance the Bengals can get White at 11th pick, not a great chance, but a chance. They could also get Hockenson in round 2. Wagner is making about 10 mil per year and why would the Seahawks give him up for the 11th pick? They would want more.

Bengals need an impact player at 11th pick. If that player is not there or to their liking, I could see them trading back in the draft to stock 2nd & 3rd rounders.

If they were to trade a player, I could see them trading Dalton to the Giants for one or two of their draft picks and drafting Haskins if he is there (teams may have to swap picks as part of the deal). I say this because the new head coach may want his own QB and Dalton, albeit solid, is not elite in potential. Haskins broke Drew Brees's record with 50 TD which after one year starting is insane. Haskins may very well go to the Giants in 2019, if Haskins declares for the draft.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 07:20 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Been saying it for a coupla weeks now.

If there’s ever been a time to make bold moves, now is that time!!!

If Mike hires a new coach that isn't Jackson, Lazor, Simmons or Joseph, I fear he will be all bolded out for awhile.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
In a word, no. This team is too many players away from being "soup", to go all-in on a star player. Not to mention that the philosophy of the Bengals management values draft picks waaay too much to even consider a suicide proposition like that.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 07:48 PM)McC Wrote: If Mike hires a new coach that isn't Jackson, Lazor, Simmons or Joseph, I fear he will be all bolded out for awhile.

If I were to interpret this correctly, you are basically stating that Mike Brown can only handle one bold move every so many years.  Like the helmets...Lewis (after 16 years), and now possibly a new upcoming hot coach.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 07:03 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We have threads talking about trading AJ and Geno but what about trading our picks for a top player. For example Travis Kelce for the 11th pick of the draft or Bobby Wagner for the 11th pick?
I don't think this team is that far away and their a couple of players that I think could solve our issues immediately if we we're to make a trade.

Lets get a HC first. It all depends on who they hire. For example, I wouldnt trust hue jackson to trade a first round pick seeing as how he did on the palmer trade and apparently wanted to do a similar trade for AJ McCarron. But another coach....maybe.
Reply/Quote
No. The time to make such a move would have been about 4 years ago when we were peaking. Now we are more than just a few players away from contending and it is going to get worse before it gets better. Marvin’s “one heartbeat” has stopped and it is too late to shock it back to life with some new coaches and a couple of star players. This organization has a major culture problem which must be addressed and there is no quick fix for that.
Reply/Quote
I always thought you trade a draft choice for a known commodity. Problem is, it usually is multiple choices for a known commodity and that's when it gets tough.

Mikey wouldn't do this because known commodity would usually cost more money than the draft choices.
Reply/Quote