Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have shot at sell out for PBS in 2020
If we play, if they allow fans it appears teams will reduce seating. Ravens just announced 14K a game versus 70K or 80% reduction in fans.

https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-reduce-seating-capacity-for-2020-home-games-to-less-than-14k

I think Bengals can get 14K so woo hoo sell outs possible

Thought time to get away from the virus talk and have some fun
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 06:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If we play, if they allow fans it appears teams will reduce seating. Ravens just announced 14K a game versus 70K or 80% reduction in fans.

https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-reduce-seating-capacity-for-2020-home-games-to-less-than-14k

I think Bengals can get 14K so woo hoo sell outs possible

Thought time to get away from the virus talk and have some fun

Likely be 14K folks from Athens Co. alone, camped out in the tailgate section, for a week before the home opener.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 07:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Likely be 14K folks from Athens Co. alone, camped out in the tailgate section, for a week before the home opener.

In all seriousness, those tickets may have value. All season tickets so maybe Steelers fans will be limited.....................never mind our fans will sell them to make money and pay for other 9 games
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 07:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Likely be 14K folks from Athens Co. alone, camped out in the tailgate section, for a week before the home opener.

When OU students aren't on campus, their ain't 14,000 people in Athens County.... And that 91 Beretta ain't gonna make it to Cincinnati.

I'm kidding Joe Burrow... I'm sorry.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Who is Joe Burrow??
Reply/Quote

There will undoubtedly be a sizable Athens contingent, but unless Joe buys a bunch of tickets, ain’t no way there’s more than 500 or so coming from SE Ohio. Athens County is usually ranked as the poorest county in the state, and that’s with the town and university. Go any direction outside of Athens proper and there’s poverty everywhere. Many of the surrounding counties are neck and neck with Athens County.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 09:41 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: There will undoubtedly be a sizable Athens contingent, but unless Joe buys a bunch of tickets, ain’t no way there’s more than 500 or so coming from SE Ohio.  Athens County is usually ranked as the poorest county in the state, and that’s with the town and university.  Go any direction outside of Athens proper and there’s poverty everywhere.  Many of the surrounding counties are neck and neck with Athens County.

Yeah, I'm well aware of the area.  I live in North Carolina, but I'm from Ohio.  I own 17.5 acres of beautiful land in Gallia Co.  My wife is from Pike Co., which is historically one of the poorest counties.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 10:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:   My wife is from Pike Co., which is historically one of the poorest counties.

Totally off topic but this is too good of an opporuntiy to pass up.  Are you aware of the Rhoden family case they came out of Pike County a few years back? 

It was a HUGE story here in Cincy for a long time.  The more that's been released the more it's gotten crazier and crazier.  Apperently the other family involved, the Wagners, are notorius in that county. 

I would be really interested to hear if you or your wife have followed the case at all, and anything she may think about it.  It sounds like the Wagner family had crazy amounts of money for the area and there was all sorts of unbelievable stuff surrounding them.
Reply/Quote
Is that the case where the family was slaughtered over drugs?
I grew up in Clermont Co., and although my Father is an OU Alumni, I don't believe I've ever been to Athens Co. I was discussing it with him the other day and asking him why it was so poor, and he was telling me it is too mountainous to farm, and while it used to produce coal, that industry died there. 
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2020, 09:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Is that the case where the family was slaughtered over drugs?

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure the motive was a custody battle.  It's a convoluted story that I won't go into much here but it's a wild read if you care to spend some time with it.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 07:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: In all seriousness, those tickets may have value. All season tickets so maybe Steelers fans will be limited.....................never mind our fans will sell them to make money and pay for other 9 games

Can they put up a wall and say they must be from inside Ohio?  You know, for safety?   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
It will say sell out but the stands will be devoid of fans where they could sit lol
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2020, 11:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Can they put up a wall and say they must be from inside Ohio?  You know, for safety?   Hilarious

14 day quarantine if coming from out of state. Opposing teams and refs excluded since they'll get tested daily.

Reply/Quote