Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A superbowl run is a grind
I've never been more mentally and emotionally exhausted than I am now. 4 heart stopping games in 5 weeks, plus the Chiefs regular season game makes 5 heart stoppers in 7 weeks.

Everyone is saying we'll make it back to the superbowl either next year or in the near future and, honestly, I'm not really looking forward to that idea.

Maybe this is just the superbowl loss talking but I'm just really tired...
Reply/Quote
Don't have kids then.. They're even worse and a hell of a lot more expensive and might put you in a nursing home when you get old.. At least the Bengals won't put you in a nursing home at 90..  Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: Don't have kids then.. They're even worse and a hell of a lot more expensive and might put you in a nursing home when you get old.. At least the Bengals won't put you in a nursing home at 90..  Who Dey

Too late. Already got two.

I meant in the context of sports. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: Don't have kids then.. They're even worse and a hell of a lot more expensive and might put you in a nursing home when you get old.. At least the Bengals won't put you in a nursing home at 90..  Who Dey

You know, my coworker said this too when I said the same thing "this is exhausting, this is really tough to just watch making the superbowl" and she said "try having kids!" I didn't realize what she really meant until you wrote it here.

I barely know, I took care of my nephew when he was younger and it was insane, I don't know how anyone does anything else in life but take care of them.

I really thought she meant if you think you're sad, think about your kids also trying to root for them too. lol
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:36 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I've never been more mentally and emotionally exhausted than I am now. 4 heart stopping games in 5 weeks, plus the Chiefs regular season game makes 5 heart stoppers in 7 weeks.

Everyone is saying we'll make it back to the superbowl either next year or in the near future and, honestly, I'm not really looking forward to that idea.

I'm in the same boat, it was "fun" but also "not very fun" sometimes lol. I wonder how the players feel, it's kind of scary since a lot of great QBs never made it back. Am I going to be thinking about this on my death bed in 30-40 years. Remember the time in 2022 when Burrow almost won.

Or will I get over the fact this is just a stupid game that I basically play zero part in but tries to take so much emotional investment? 
Reply/Quote
Honestly outside of the last 4th Quarter of the Super Bowl this has been a hell of a ride and I want it again but the ultimate ending.

Tiring yeah but also fun and exhilarating.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:36 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I've never been more mentally and emotionally exhausted than I am now. 4 heart stopping games in 5 weeks, plus the Chiefs regular season game makes 5 heart stoppers in 7 weeks.

[Image: 200.gif]

Perhaps ladies golf is more your speed. Tongue

Reply/Quote
I'm saying this all as a guy who has been seriously emotionally invested in a few sports for multiple decades. It used to absolutely destroy my weekend if my chosen football (soccer) team lost. My responses to bad results were completely irrational. As I've gotten a little older, I've started to change my perspective a little.

Fact of the matter is we played 4 incredibly exciting games in the playoffs, and won 3 of them. Produced the equal biggest Championship game comeback of all time. Won a first playoff game in 31 years. Won a first road playoff game. Won a first road Championship game. Were one drive from winning our first Superbowl, and being the first actual 'road team' to win a Superbowl.

Why do you guys even watch the NFL in the first place? Because you love the sport. The sport has given us all 4 games we should remember pretty much forever. And your favourite team won 3 of them.

Whether the coaching wasn't perfect, or the O-Line cost us or whatever... fact of the matter is the team left it out there on the field last night and almost won it all. They delivered a great game to watch, and the way we battled away should make everyone proud.

Don't let sports run you down. Remember why they even exist, they're meant to be enjoyed. That was an incredible playoff run, there's no need to look back negatively on it.
Reply/Quote

Definitely wears you down. And as fans we have zero control on the outcome. We can do nothing to help. But we were entertained for 23 weeks.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
For the last couple of weeks, I've noticed the obscene amount of hype, with the same things being discussed over and over again. It has to be mentally/emotionally demanding as the game is physical. At least Joe B gets a good five months to recoup from it all, along with all the other players, coach, etc.
Reply/Quote
Already over the SB loss. Moving on to FA and the draft. Hoping Linderbaum falls to pick 31.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:17 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Already over the SB loss. Moving on to FA and the draft. Hoping Linderbaum falls to pick 31.

Me too.  We can all micromanage the game until we're blue in the face.  Let's hope Katie continues to help bring us into this millennium.
We've spent money on D.  Now spend on the O Line and protect your biggest asset and I agree let's hope Linderbaum falls to us.  We're still hurting over the Lions jumping over us for Ragnow and settling for Price.
Reply/Quote
BYE BUNGALS

WE WON

RAMS RAMS RAMS
Reply/Quote
I try not to get overly emotionally invested in sports. At the end of the day, there's no reason it should really negatively impact you at all.

Stinks to lose (more so in that fashion), but life goes on. I just tried to enjoy the ride as much as possible. Getting to a Superbowl is tough. You need the perfect combination of good execution and good luck to make it there. We never know if or when the Bengals will be back in the big game (just ask Rodgers, or Marino) so instead of being super down about it, I just appreciate the ride that absolutely nobody was expecting.
Reply/Quote
So I usually stop watching football when we are eliminated so this is the first year iv watched every single playoff game and I have to say.......playoffs are played totally different than regular season.

We were built for the playoffs this year plain and simple and thats all credit to Zac Taylor and his prior knowledge. You basically arent gonna run in the playoffs. There is no use in building a running team. From what i saw this year you need QB, and you need an offensive and defensive line that can get pressure by rushing ONLY 4. Everything else doesnt even matter as much. You ability to make the other QB second think his choices or flat out sack him before he can throw is all that matters. Every single team this year won/lost because of their QB. QBs are so good in todays NFL it really doesnt matter who you have in the secondary. We made Jalen Ramsey our ***** in the bowl and still lost because Stafford was unstoppable on the last drive.

Our next offseason needs to be all about Burrow. Hes proved to us that he belongs
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:07 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: For the last couple of weeks, I've noticed the obscene amount of hype, with the same things being discussed over and over again. It has to be mentally/emotionally demanding as the game is physical. At least Joe B gets a good five months to recoup from it all, along with all the other players, coach, etc.

This just reminds me of how many more games LeBron used to play (which we probably won't have this "issue" lol), but all the playoff games would take a toll later on because his offseason was shorter.

(02-14-2022, 11:48 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I try not to get overly emotionally invested in sports. At the end of the day, there's no reason it should really negatively impact you at all.

Stinks to lose (more so in that fashion), but life goes on. I just tried to enjoy the ride as much as possible. Getting to a Superbowl is tough. You need the perfect combination of good execution and good luck to make it there. We never know if or when the Bengals will be back in the big game (just ask Rodgers, or Marino) so instead of being super down about it, I just appreciate the ride that absolutely nobody was expecting.

My profile photo for a while on most sites was "Bengals wasn't gonna do WHAT???" incorrect grammar and all. People kept saying nope, they're gonna lose, they're gonna lose - until the end when I think more people than not were rooting for them. 

It's weird when destiny doesn't come to fruition, but there is another team and fanbase on the other side that probably feels the same. They were assembled for 1 reason, to win, they mortgaged the future. We wound up here, I think, because of Joe B. Nobody expected this, only homers lol.

This also makes me appreciate Buffalo fans, can you imagine going to 4 straight superbowls and losing them all. The grind to make it here (as a fan!) was a bit tough. Then again I live in Cleveland, I usually have people trash talking constantly, it might feel different if I was in Cincy.

For us now, the importance of getting a #1 seed someday is high, playing 1 less playoff game where we can get injured or someone could take us out. Wild card teams are scrappy. I think it's a bit hard to get a #1 in our division, Browns kind of get our number, but I'm thinking their goal next year is to get the #1 seed.

They scratched off a ton of goals this year, make the playoffs, AFC-N, and I think a stretch goal had to be AFC champ. It sounded like it wasn't on even the team's mind at the beginning of the year. It reminds me (as usual since I live in CLE lol) of LeBron saying "we're here now, we have to go home anyway, why not go home with a win" when the were down 3-1.

I think limiting distractions is something Burrow seems to do very well, he's not used to losing though. Here's to hoping he's still super human in that way.
Reply/Quote
This grind is why alot of ppl say LeBron is the GOAT of the NBA.

For 10 years straight to subject yourself to the finals atmosphere is unheard of. Especially when you only won it 4/10 tries. As a fan watching those Cavs runs was draining. Not nearly as draining as this bengals run, but its still hard. Alot of guys get there ONCE and dont give AF about trying anymore(ANthony Davis). But Brady and Bron really subjected themselves to this shit almost every year of their careers. Its special
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I have heard a lot of fans before the game with the "house money" and "ahead of schedule" mentality, but this loss stings badly, it was right in front of us for the taking. Just one stop or one drive short.

With that said, I'd rather make it than not. And while there are no guarantees in life, I really do think this team has great potential to get back very soon. This team has heart. I fully expect us to be a force in the NFL for years to come.

I also expect that the team knows what they need to do to improve. Upgrade the Offensive Line. Resign key players. Lets get it done and take the next step next year!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:12 PM)Pezmerga Wrote: I have heard a lot of fans before the game with the "house money" and "ahead of schedule" mentality,  but this loss stings badly, it was right in front of us for the taking. Just one stop or one drive short.

With that said, I'd rather make it than not. And while there are no guarantees in life, I really do think this team has great potential to get back very soon. This team has heart. I fully expect us to be a force in the NFL for years to come.

I also expect that the team knows what they need to do to improve. Upgrade the Offensive Line. Resign key players. Lets get it done and take the next step next year!

It just sucks because statistics say even if we improve GREATLY, we probably arent getting back anytime soon.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I see the troll got banned. Don’t suppose we can get the posts deleted too?
Reply/Quote