Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A superbowl run is a grind
It was exhausting because we're new to it. I look forward to it becoming more the norm over the next few years and we become jaded with playoff wins instead of holding our breath every week.

Also the Bengals and their fans just finished a season with a team that played more games than any team in the history of the NFL (now tied with the Rams).
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:15 PM)Housh Wrote: It just sucks because statistics say even if we improve GREATLY, we probably arent getting back anytime soon.

Very true. Which is why the loss last night stings so badly.

This offseason will be huge. We cannot ignore the OLine any longer.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:36 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I've never been more mentally and emotionally exhausted than I am now. 4 heart stopping games in 5 weeks, plus the Chiefs regular season game makes 5 heart stoppers in 7 weeks.

Everyone is saying we'll make it back to the superbowl either next year or in the near future and, honestly, I'm not really looking forward to that idea.

Maybe this is just the superbowl loss talking but I'm just really tired...

The 2021 season ended just hours ago, and for our team and 30 others, it ended without a Lombardi.  Being an NFL fan is like being Sisyphus pushing that damn boulder up the hill only to watch it roll back down again for all of eternity.  But, you keep doing it because, one day we'll crest that hill and watch that boulder roll away!  Or not.  Who can say?  Such is the nature of fandom.

Give yourself some time to process it.  Come August you'll be ready.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:02 PM)Housh Wrote: This grind is why alot of ppl say LeBron is the GOAT of the NBA.

For 10 years straight to subject yourself to the finals atmosphere is unheard of. Especially when you only won it 4/10 tries. As a fan watching those Cavs runs was draining. Not nearly as draining as this bengals run, but its still hard. Alot of guys get there ONCE and dont give AF about trying anymore(ANthony Davis). But Brady and Bron really subjected themselves to this shit almost every year of their careers. Its special

At least NBA gets 7 games. If we played the Rams 10 times I think it's 5 wins 5 losses, but we got only 1 shot.

After watching some replays, that Logan Wilson penalty is having me depressed. That was 3rd and 8 or 9 from the 11. No penalty there (because it wasn't one lol) and they're 4th and 8 from the 11. We don't know what would happen but the Bengals defense did it all year! That was to win it all. We would have kneeled out the win.

I have to imagine the bengals have sports psychologists helping them, hell I might need a psychologist because of this stuff someday lol.
Reply/Quote