Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A tale of two halves
(10-01-2021, 09:16 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Maybe I watched a different game...I saw the guy throw about three dimes downfield and the somewhat blown coverage/bad coverage with Waynes for 52 yards.  That play was btw the longest play against the Bengals this year, the longest play for JAX this year and the longest play for Horse faces career so far.  

Talking about downfield...I am not sure how that one play against Chase was not face guarding down the right sideline....the dude never turned his head once and went right into Chase's chest.  I am pretty sure that is still illegal in the NFL?

Yeah, Sunshine has thrown some pretty deep balls this year. What he has been doing is trying to fit in windows that you can't at this level. Once he figures that out, I think he'll be fine.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 09:16 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Talking about downfield...I am not sure how that one play against Chase was not face guarding down the right sideline....the dude never turned his head once and went right into Chase's chest.  I am pretty sure that is still illegal in the NFL?

That was definitely pass interference that wasn't called.

On a related note: how often do 2 flags get picked up in like back-to-back plays? and honestly, Apple SHOULD have been called on that hit on a sliding Lawrence.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 09:28 AM)PhilHos Wrote: That was definitely pass interference that wasn't called.

On a related note: how often do 2 flags get picked up in like back-to-back plays? and honestly, Apple SHOULD have been called on that hit on a sliding Lawrence.

Yeah that missed PI was frustrating but it was also a tough call in real time.
Either way, love what Chase has been doing to start his career.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 09:28 AM)PhilHos Wrote: That was definitely pass interference that wasn't called.

I think the second flag on them was a pick up pay back.....is that a thing?  LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 09:16 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Maybe I watched a different game...I saw the guy throw about three dimes downfield and the somewhat blown coverage/bad coverage with Waynes for 52 yards.  That play was btw the longest play against the Bengals this year, the longest play for JAX this year and the longest play for Horse faces career so far.  

Talking about downfield...I am not sure how that one play against Chase was not face guarding down the right sideline....the dude never turned his head once and went right into Chase's chest.  I am pretty sure that is still illegal in the NFL?

There were two PI calls missed against the Jags that were pretty blatant.  The guy on Chase basically just ran him out of bounds before the ball even arrived.  

As far as downfield throws (assume you meant Butthead), he scrambled for a long time and the DEs let up thinking he was going out of bounds (this is why you still hit him) and he floated a duck that the receiver had to wait for and Waynes never turned and found the ball so when the receiver stopped, Waynes ran in to him and drew the flag.  That is a key lesson on balls like that for a WR, always come back and run THROUGH the DB to try and get the ball.  Almost assures a flag.  I hardly consider that play horsehead throwing the ball downfield.  Outside of that one pass, he had 152 yards passing on 23 attempts, a 6.6 YPA average, and a hell of a lot of those passes were screens that were forward passes but right at the LOS.  
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 09:16 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Talking about downfield...I am not sure how that one play against Chase was not face guarding down the right sideline....the dude never turned his head once and went right into Chase's chest.  I am pretty sure that is still illegal in the NFL?

(10-01-2021, 09:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: There were two PI calls missed against the Jags that were pretty blatant.  The guy on Chase basically just ran him out of bounds before the ball even arrived.  

As far as downfield throws (assume you meant Butthead), he scrambled for a long time and the DEs let up thinking he was going out of bounds (this is why you still hit him) and he floated a duck that the receiver had to wait for and Waynes never turned and found the ball so when the receiver stopped, Waynes ran in to him and drew the flag.  That is a key lesson on balls like that for a WR, always come back and run THROUGH the DB to try and get the ball.  Almost assures a flag.  I hardly consider that play horsehead throwing the ball downfield.  Outside of that one pass, he had 152 yards passing on 23 attempts, a 6.6 YPA average, and a hell of a lot of those passes were screens that were forward passes but right at the LOS.  

There's no such thing as "faceguarding" in the NFL anymore. The DB doesn't have to turn his head and make a play on the ball. 

As far as that play with Chase is concerned...i think it could go either way. He looked to get there a smidge early but i don't think it was an obvious call. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 01:46 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's no such thing as "faceguarding" in the NFL anymore. The DB doesn't have to turn his head and make a play on the ball. 

As far as that play with Chase is concerned...i think it could go either way. He looked to get there a smidge early but i don't think it was an obvious call. 

We can agree to disagree.  Especially when they called OPI earlier for a little shove (that was barely there and not needed, DB overran the play). 

It happened right in front of me, and there are times where I look around hoping an overzealous ref threw a flag, but I was thinking "Well, that is PI and this is Nationally Televised.  They won't let that go".  Wrong.  
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 09:22 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I blame that miss on all the IDIOTS who keep calling him "Legs Benedict". :angry:

"He can break your heart.  Your eggy breaky heart."

Now all he needs to do is grow a mullet.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Who was in the gameday thread at halftime?

Things pretty calm there?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 07:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: We can agree to disagree.  Especially when they called OPI earlier for a little shove (that was barely there and not needed, DB overran the play). 

It happened right in front of me, and there are times where I look around hoping an overzealous ref threw a flag, but I was thinking "Well, that is PI and this is Nationally Televised.  They won't let that go".  Wrong.  

The missed call on the Jags last TD was pretty bad. He was clearly across the goal line.

Just a bad night for the refs.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 11:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The missed call on the Jags last TD was pretty bad. He was clearly across the goal line.

Just a bad night for the refs.

That one, at least, got corrected.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 09:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hardly consider that play horsehead throwing the ball downfield. 

Horseface... he has a horse face, not a horse head.   Tongue
Reply/Quote
Finally got a chance to watch the game yesterday. Had to record it Thursday night and with a busy life just didn't have time. I'll say it's a lot less pressure watching a game with that start when you know the outcome is positive!

That said, I don't know that I felt it was really a game of two halves. From a scoring perspective, yes. But I thought the D came out with some fire and played well in the first half, all things considered. The offense took a little bit to get warmed up and going. But despite being down 2 scores, it never really felt like the team was out of it. That 4th and goal stop determined where the game went, though, I think. If they'd let Jax score there, I'm not confident the team would have come back. The odds are certainly royally against it, and that's just a terrible way to go into the locker room at the half.

I did think it was kinda funny that the crowd was booing them for not taking a shot to get points right at the end of the half. Backed up into your own end zone, down by two scores and just having a huge defensive stand? Don't risk that momentum swing before the break with a dumb play to be "aggressive" just to risk a pick-6 and putting yourself in the hole you just avoided.
Reply/Quote