Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A theory I have
Week 1 we traveled all the way to Seattle WA and lost by a point
week 2 Traveled all the way back to Cin OH got blewout by a 49er team that stayed on eastern time zone all week Played Buccs week 1
week 3 lose to a undefeated bills team in NY by 4. More corroboration on this 49ers didnt look as crisp against Steelers at home week 3
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 02:41 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Week 1 we traveled all the way to Seattle WA and lost by a point
week 2 Traveled all the way back to Cin OH got blewout by a 49er team that stayed on eastern time zone all week Played Buccs week 1
week 3 lose to a undefeated bills team in NY by 4. More corroboration on this 49ers didnt look as crisp against Steelers at home week 3

That's not a theory. Those are observations.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 02:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's not a theory. Those are observations.

but it's like a reverse timezone effect. Affecting performance
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 02:44 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: but it's like a reverse timezone effect. Affecting performance

Travel DOES affect performance, but it should not affect a team that much. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 02:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Travel DOES affect performance, but it should not affect a team that much. 

I'm hoping week 2 was the exception and not the rule. We look like a sneaky good team weeks 1 and 3
Reply/Quote
It's hard to say we looked good in Week 3 as we had 0 1st downs in the 1st half and the Bills easily ran and passed on us. 'Sneaky good teams' don't have 0 1st downs in a half.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 02:48 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm hoping week 2 was the exception and not the rule. We look like a sneaky good team weeks 1 and 3

We looked sneaky good Week 1. Last week looked like a horror show at times. If anything, the Bills looked bad in the second half. I don't think they're a playoff team
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 02:48 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm hoping week 2 was the exception and not the rule. We look like a sneaky good team weeks 1 and 3

It's easier to go out West and play a 4 PM EDT game than it is to go East and play a 1 PM EDT game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They have Devin back I wouldn't be stunned if bills pull the upset over pats this week. That was a good team we lost to.
Reply/Quote
The Bills seem to start decent in certain years, then people think they'll challenge NE, and NE destroys them.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 02:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's hard to say we looked good in Week 3 as we had 0 1st downs in the 1st half and the Bills easily ran and passed on us. 'Sneaky good teams' don't have 0 1st downs in a half.

No they don't. But good teams find a way to overcome adversity. One could argue that we did in the 2nd half but just came up short.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 02:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's hard to say we looked good in Week 3 as we had 0 1st downs in the 1st half and the Bills easily ran and passed on us. 'Sneaky good teams' don't have 0 1st downs in a half.

Actually no one cares how many first downs any team has in the first half.  Can you give me that stat on any other team?

It is hard to say we looked too bad when an undefeated team playing at home has to come from behind in the final 4 minutes to beat us.
Reply/Quote

We sucked ass in week 3.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No they don't. But good teams find a way to overcome adversity. One could argue that we did in the 2nd half but just came up short.

Phil, you can't call it overcoming adversity AND coming up short. That means they didn't overcome it at all. They lost.

"Bob fell to his death."
"One could argue that he overcame gravity but just came up short."

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 02:58 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: They have Devin back I wouldn't be stunned if bills pull the upset over pats this week. That was a good team we lost to.

Zero chance they beat the Patriots. The Patriots have a top defense this year to go with Tom Brady.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Phil, you can't call it overcoming adversity AND coming up short. That means they didn't overcome it at all. They lost.

"Bob fell to his death."

Ninja

Yeah. Makes no sense . It’s like being pregnant either you are are you are not. “ she was almost pregnant “
Reply/Quote
Who have the Pats played this season. An injured not right Roethlisberger week 1 is their best win. Jets with 3rd string QB home 2nd best win. And at Dolphins the worst team in football.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Phil, you can't call it overcoming adversity AND coming up short. That means they didn't overcome it at all. They lost.

"Bob fell to his death."

Ninja

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, you think I'm the one? That's so nice.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:28 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Yeah. Makes no sense .  It’s like being pregnant either you are are you are not.  “ she was almost pregnant “

Actually, it DOES makes sense. It just depends on what you are defining 'adversity'.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 02:41 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Week 1 we traveled all the way to Seattle WA and lost by a point

We should have a ZT excuse thread going. I've seen some dussies these first three weeks.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote