Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A thought about Ogbuehi
(12-30-2016, 10:13 AM)bengals67 Wrote: whatever happens to this player in the future, I have no idea how the Bengals graded him as a first round pick?

Bengals were not the only ones to have him rated as a potential first round pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 01:22 PM)kalibengal Wrote: in this "win now" league, it was arrogant move to use a 1st rounder on a guy who just blew out his knee, when we have other immediate needs to address....namely at WR, LB and Center

Completely wrong.  

We were playing like Super Bowl contenders without any contribution from Ogbuehi until dalton got injured.  With Whit getting older it was a wise move to draft a player to groom as his replacement instead of waiting until we have to have a replacement and are forced to play a rookie.

Good teams draft for the future.  That is what the Bengals did last year.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 11:06 AM)McC Wrote: Bottom line--next time PA gets on the table for a draftee, someone just please knock him off.  At the very least, he should have zero input on draft choices.

They gave him the title of asst head coach, I highly doubt this is the case
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Completely wrong.  

We were playing like Super Bowl contenders without any contribution from Ogbuehi until dalton got injured.  With Whit getting older it was a wise move to draft a player to groom as his replacement instead of waiting until we have to have a replacement and are forced to play a rookie.

Good teams draft for the future.  That is what the Bengals did last year.

this guy is NEVER going to be as good as WHIT,and if he is allowed to be a starter next season,he is going to put Dalton in IR.He does not have the it factor that you need to be dominate and it has already showed.I do not see this guy as a starter,unless it changes big-time in the season.I mean,he just stands there with a dumb look after he gets beaten badly and watches his QB getting killed and then he never even bends his ass over to help him back up.what a dumbass.Now you take Fisher on the other side,he showed me something and also what he said about knowing he was a good player,he showed some kick ass play when he played last week.I believe he may be a keeper.Need to draft another O_lineman and keep whit another year.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You know it brother.

They just better get rid of the guy, this year was just terrible coaching on his part and i have never liked the guy.

Anthony Munoz please.

Was is Big Willie that offered to help the line with the Bull Rush? I would take him up on that, for sure.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:54 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: this guy is NEVER going to be as good as WHIT,and if he is allowed to be a starter next season,he is going to put Dalton in IR.He does not have the it factor that you need to be dominate and it has already showed.I do not see this guy as a starter,unless it changes big-time in the season.I mean,he just stands there with a dumb look after he gets beaten badly and watches his QB getting killed and then he never even bends his ass over to help him back up.what a dumbass.Now you take Fisher on the other side,he showed me something and also what he said about knowing he was a good player,he showed some kick ass play when he played last week.I believe he may be a keeper.Need to draft another O_lineman and keep whit another year.

How long have you been watching the Bengals? Because Big Whit was not an all-star at the beginning. I remember quite a few times he was owned, mainly remember a game I attended vs the colts a while back. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:38 PM)McC Wrote: DeCastro has stepped it up.  He's running neck and neck with his teammate Mitchell for dirtiest player in the game.

Easy to step it up when you NEVER get called for holding as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:55 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Was is Big Willie that offered to help the line with the Bull Rush? I would take him up on that, for sure.

I would definately love Big Willie back here as well as a coach. There are so many options that would help this O-line
and MB just continues to ignore our biggest weakness. One thing is i will actually have a little respect for Marv if he
pushes for a new O-line coach. Munoz, Willie, Lapham, anybody.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If he becomes a top 10 OT then he will not be a bust.

That type of logic is just a way for the haters to claim they were correct when they were actually wrong.

Andre smith was bust after his first two seasons, but no one called him a bust after he started playing well.

I could care less to claim if I was right or wrong. I want the dude to be good cause they need him to be. But at this point he is a bust until proven otherwise, and there is literally to go nowhere but up with him, thats how bad he is.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Ogbuehi will be given the chance to redeem himself next year, and he may just do that. Personally, I haven't seen any improvement as the year has gone on and that's what leads me to believe he will ultimately be one of the bigger busts in Bengal history.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:36 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: It's been 2 years after his surgery. Next year will be the it's his first year starting excuse at LT. Even a blind man can see this guy is a bust already. He doesn't have the base you need at tackle. He doesn't have the build for a nfl tackle. Or the fire . Bust. Make all the excuses you want. I've seen enough of this guy. He was a 5th year senior too. Older than most rookies. Ugh. Bust

I have to say I'm leaning towards this. I'd feel differently if he showed SOME promise, but he was literally the worst tackle I've ever seen in stripes. Tough to imagine a huge improvement. If the Bengals don't sign a solid tackle for.insurance, they're fools. He already played a big hand in ruining one season. Why make it two?

I know people are trying to sound reasonable by saying don't give up on him yet, but can we really afford to risk another season on this guy?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Now that he's on IR for a torn rotator cuff, maybe we'll see an injury settlement before the draft. Stranger things have happened.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 04:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I have to say I'm leaning towards this. I'd feel differently if he showed SOME promise, but he was literally the worst tackle I've ever seen in stripes. Tough to imagine a huge improvement. If the Bengals don't sign a solid tackle for.insurance, they're fools. He already played a big hand in ruining one season. Why make it two?

I know people are trying to sound reasonable by saying don't give up on him yet, but can we really afford to risk another season on this guy?

Agreed. If Ced stays at tackle, I think the best we can get from him would be a similar role to what Eric Winson does for us right now.

(12-30-2016, 04:39 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Now that he's on IR for a torn rotator cuff, maybe we'll see an injury settlement before the draft. Stranger things have happened.

I'd like us to look somewhere else for a tackle, but I wouldn't fully give up on Ced. I'm hopeful this team will take Willie Anderson up on his offer to help Ced, but if they don't, I'd like them to see if he can play guard. He did a good job at A&M when they had Matthews and Joeckle playing tackle.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:38 PM)McC Wrote: DeCastro has stepped it up.  He's running neck and neck with his teammate Mitchell for dirtiest player in the game.

This^

Although I'd say decastro is even dirtier, he just gets less attention as a guard than a safety does. 
Reply/Quote
And he's on IR. And Andy breathes a sigh of relief.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 05:15 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: This^

Although I'd say decastro is even dirtier, he just gets less attention as a guard than a safety does. 

He was like a missile aimed at Burfict's knees.  That's where the concussion came from.  Wonder what Tomlin's reward was for that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 04:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I have to say I'm leaning towards this. I'd feel differently if he showed SOME promise, but he was literally the worst tackle I've ever seen in stripes. Tough to imagine a huge improvement. If the Bengals don't sign a solid tackle for.insurance, they're fools. He already played a big hand in ruining one season. Why make it two?

Completely agree with this.  The guy looked slow, weak, and completely lost this year.  He did not look anything like and NFL tackle, and it's not like he had his knee surgery six months ago.  Maybe he turns it all around and the lightbulb comes on this off season, but that is difficult to believe.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 06:24 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Completely agree with this.  The guy looked slow, weak, and completely lost this year.  He did not look anything like and NFL tackle, and it's not like he had his knee surgery six months ago.  Maybe he turns it all around and the lightbulb comes on this off season, but that is difficult to believe.

Statistics on return to play after ACL reconstruction

A study of NFL players who underwent ACL reconstruction showed that only 63% returned to play in a regular-season game within two seasons after surgery. A study of high school and college football players showed similar results. 63% of high school football players and 69% of college players made it back two years after surgery. Only 43% of them had returned to preinjury levels.

Finally, a 2011 study of competitive athletes in a variety of sports showed that only 33% of athletes had returned to their sports at their preinjury levels 12 months after surgery.

From watching a lot of sports that have ACL tears as a common injury, Ive found it usually takes a full season of playing after their return from this injury for them to regain the confidence in the knee and play at the level they are a custom to. Geno is a prime example of this.
Reply/Quote
Huge difference between just being a guy out there and being a liability. Geno was a guy but a guy this a prove track record needing to heal. Ogagoya or what ever is a liability with no pro track record that might cost us our qb.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 08:25 PM)motoarch Wrote: Huge difference between just being a guy out there and being a liability.  Geno was a guy but a guy this a prove track record needing to heal.  Ogagoya or what ever is a liability with no pro track record that might cost us our qb.

I agree 100%, Ogbuehi should have been benched, but he could still improve.
Reply/Quote