Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A too early 1st round mock
Gonna post this and see how much it changes once the combine and other offseason events occur.

1. Browns- Myles Garrett, DE Texas A&M

2. 49'ers- Mitch Trubisky, QB North Carolina

3. Bears- DeShaun Watson, QB Clemson

4. Jags- Jonathan Allen, DE/DT Alabama

5. Titans- Mike Williams, WR Clemson

6. Jets- Marlon Humphrey, CB Alabama

7. Chargers- Jamal Adams, S LSU

8. Panthers- Leonard Fournette, RB LSU

9. Bengals- Derek Barnett, DE Tennessee

10. Bills- John Ross, WR Washington

11. Saints- Soloman Thomas, DE Stanford

12. Browns- Rueben Foster, LB Alabama

13. Cardinals- DeShone Kizer, QB Notre Dame

14. Eagles- Quincy Wilson, CB Florida

15. Colts- Dalvin Cook, RB Florida St

16. Ravens- Malik Hooker, S OSU

17. Redskins- Jabril Peppers, S/LB Michigan

18. Titans- Tim Williams, OLB Alabama

19. Buccs- Corey Davis, WR Western Michigan

20. Broncos- Cam Robinson, T Alabama

21. Lions- Takkarist McKinnley, OLB UCLA

22. Dolphins- Teez Tabor, CB Florida

23. Giants- OJ Howard, TE Alabama

24. Oakland Raiders- Zach Cunningham, LB Vanderbilt

25. Texans- Ryan Ramchzyk, T Wisconsin

26. Packers- Malik McDowell, DE/DT Michigan St

27. Seahawks- Garrett Bolles, OT Utah

28. Steelers- Marshon Lattimore, CB OSU

29. Falcons- Taco Charlton, DE Michigan

30. Chiefs- Budda Baker, S Washington

31. Patriots- Ryan Anderson, OLB Alabama

32. Cowboys- Carl Lawson, DE/OLB Auburn

Bengals Draft afterwards:

2- Raekwon McMillion, LB OSU

3- DeDe Westbrook, WR Oklahoma

4- Carlos Watkins, DT Clemson

Now this has lots of ways to go. Personally I would probably pick Rueben Foster at 9 and get a pass rusher in the 2nd but I am trying to think of how we will be drafting. I think we will go with an edge rusher and Barnett is probably the best on the board at the time we pick at 9. Tim Williams is also a name to watch out for. Williams has the bend off the edge to come in and be really disruptive from day 1. His problem is that he is a little undersized but he makes up for it with bend and speed.
Reply/Quote
U need to have lattimore in the top 10 range and Watson need to be out he'll be a second round pick
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 11:14 PM)Jpoore Wrote: U need to have lattimore in the top 10 range and Watson need to be out he'll be a second round pick

I'm not sure why you think Lattimore will be in the top 10 range with the rest of the talent there but we can agree to disagree. As much as I like Lattimore, I don't think he will be a top 10 talent. 
Reply/Quote
If there were QBs worthy of being chosen with the #2 or #3 pick, I've got to believe that they'd be worth the #1 pick. In which case Cleveland would be absolutely insane not to choose them, right?
Reply/Quote
Westbrook will be DeSean Jackson without the headaches, imo. If he lasts until the third, teams will surely regret it in the years to come.

BTW welcome back!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 10:39 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If there were QBs worthy of being chosen with the #2 or #3 pick, I've got to believe that they'd be worth the #1 pick. In which case Cleveland would be absolutely insane not to choose them, right?

Depends on what PFF tells them to do.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 10:22 AM)dr1441 Wrote: I'm not sure why you think Lattimore will be in the top 10 range with the rest of the talent there but we can agree to disagree. As much as I like Lattimore, I don't think he will be a top 10 talent. 
Well u have 2 qbs in top 5 when the only qb in the entire draft class with a first round d grade is trubisky and he's not expected to be taken until early 20s so he's probably going back unless he already made his decision? Watson for sure second rounder Humphrey isn't even a top 2 corner lattimore is rated as the best corner in the draft by all draft pundits u have John Ross at ten he's supposed to go in round 2 and he won't go before Davis.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 05:24 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Well u have 2 qbs in top 5 when the only qb in the entire draft class with a first round d grade is trubisky and he's not expected to be taken until early 20s so he's probably going back unless he already made his decision? Watson for sure second rounder Humphrey isn't even a top 2 corner lattimore is rated as the best corner in the draft by all draft pundits u have John Ross at ten he's supposed to go in round 2 and he won't go before Davis.

That's not true at all. 

At this point in the process Daquan Bowers was rated the #1 overall prospect and Andy Dalton had a 5th round grade. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 05:24 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Well u have 2 qbs in top 5 when the only qb in the entire draft class with a first round d grade is trubisky and he's not expected to be taken until early 20s so he's probably going back unless he already made his decision? Watson for sure second rounder Humphrey isn't even a top 2 corner lattimore is rated as the best corner in the draft by all draft pundits u have John Ross at ten he's supposed to go in round 2 and he won't go before Davis.

(01-05-2017, 05:12 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That's not true at all. 

At this point in the process Daquan Bowers was rated the #1 overall prospect and Andy Dalton had a 5th round grade. 

I was kind of thinking the same thing but didn't want to say it lol. If you really believe the ratings as of right now, then there's not much I can tell you sir. It's a mock draft, this is how I think it might shake down. 

But to say that QB's aren't going to go in the 1st might be a little crazy. And you're wrong about Trubisky being the only QB with a 1st round grade. The kid from Texas Tech and the kid from Wyoming are going to have first round grades as well. And we can agree to disagree on Humphrey. For my opinion, best pure CB in the draft. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 10:39 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If there were QBs worthy of being chosen with the #2 or #3 pick, I've got to believe that they'd be worth the #1 pick. In which case Cleveland would be absolutely insane not to choose them, right?

I don't think Cleveland goes QB at 1 but I could see them going QB at 12. Theres no clear cut favorite for QB like an Andrew Luck or someone like that. Grab the best player in the draft and hope for the best at 12. 

All I know if the Browns play this draft correctly, it could set them up quite nicely in the near future. If they come away with Garrett and Foster or a combination similar, that is a hell of a first day of a draft. 
Reply/Quote
Since it looks like Marvin and Co will return next year, I can't see Barnett being their pick. He doesn't fit the mold of what they want, which is larger DE's that can move inside on passing downs. Malik McDowell or Solomon Thomas would likely be their pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 05:12 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That's not true at all. 

Not sure what that has to do with anything ur thinking lattimmore may slide down? As of right now All the main mocks have him as the top rated corner back on the draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 10:34 AM)dr1441 Wrote: I was kind of thinking the same thing but didn't want to say it lol. If you really believe the ratings as of right now, then there's not much I can tell you sir. It's a mock draft, this is how I think it might shake down. 

But to say that QB's aren't going to go in the 1st might be a little crazy. And you're wrong about Trubisky being the only QB with a 1st round grade. The kid from Texas Tech and the kid from Wyoming are going to have first round grades as well. And we can agree to disagree on Humphrey. For my opinion, best pure CB in the draft. 
they have 2nd and 3rd round grades respectively. I only am going off grades as of now if they move they move but as of right now the only qb in the draft with a first round grade is trubisky and it's a mid-late first. And yeah well agree to disagree 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 05:43 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Not sure what that has to do with anything ur thinking lattimmore may slide down? As of right now All the main mocks have him as the top rated corner back on the draft.

You don't know what changing draft ratings have to do with draft ratings?  Or what changing draft ratings has to do with your false claim Lattimore is rated the top CB by all the pundits?  Since you're going to pretend you don't understand, I will explain.  At this point the ratings are going to change weekly based upon the Senior Bowl, the Combine, Pro Days, private work outs, leaked drug screen results, injuries, back ground checks, unforeseen arrests, etc, etc.  The draft pundit's opinions are nothing more than opinions.  You're telling other people their opinion is wrong based opinion your opinion of other's opinions.  It's pretty annoying.  Plus, Lattiomore is not, I repeat not, the top rated CB by all the pundits.  A simple Google search will prove your claim false in milliseconds.

As dr1441 wrote, "this has a lots of way to go."

You act like you know exactly where players will be drafted based upon the opinions of draft pundits who won't even finalized their opinions for another 4 months and are wrong annually.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 05:47 PM)Jpoore Wrote: they have 2nd and 3rd round grades respectively. I only am going off grades as of now if they move they move but as of right now the only qb in the draft with a first round grade is trubisky and it's a mid-late first. And yeah well agree to disagree 

Today is 1/5/17.  What are the chances those grades will remain the same?  Zero.

Quote:Well u have 2 qbs in top 5 when the only qb in the entire draft class with a first round d grade is trubisky and he's not expected to be taken until early 20s so he's probably going back unless he already made his decision? Watson for sure second rounder Humphrey isn't even a top 2 corner lattimore is rated as the best corner in the draft by all draft pundits u have John Ross at ten he's supposed to go in round 2 and he won't go before Davis.

You're spouting off that crap (the Lattimore and Humphrey comments are demonstratively false) as if it is fact but it is nothing more than your opinion of other's opinions.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 07:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Today is 1/5/17.  What are the chances those grades will remain the same?  Zero.

You're spouting off that crap (the Lattimore and Humphrey comments are demonstratively false) as if it is fact but it is nothing more than your opinion of other's opinions.

And how is it false? Please tell me how it is false and I realize that grades will change but lattimmore is currently mocked at 6,7,8 in most mocks it's not like hes falling to 20. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 11:21 PM)Jpoore Wrote: And how is it false? Please tell me how it is false

All it takes is a simple Google search.  Lattimore is not the top rated CB by all the draft pundits nor is he the first CB drafted in all the mock drafts.  You also claimed Humphrey isn't rated a top 2 CB, but he is rated the top CB prospect by multiple draft pundits which is something else you can confirm for yourself with a simple Google search.

Quote:and I realize that grades will change but lattimmore is currently mocked at 6,7,8 in most mocks it's not like hes falling to 20. 

Yeah, and there was no way Daquan Bowers would fall out of the top 10 let alone the first round.  The draft pundits opinions are completely meaningless when it comes to actual draft position or the 32 different evaluations that actually matter. The pundits opinion only matter so much as it gets you to subscribe to ESPN Insider apparently. Telling me there is no way Lattimore will fall out of the top 20 based upon ESPN Insider is about as meaningful as telling me Daquan Bowers would be drafted #1 overall by Carolina based upon McShay's January 2011 mock draft.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2011/insider/news/story?id=6036153

It's one thing to have an opinion about what will happen in the draft and another to act like you have a crystal ball based upon January projections.  Especially when some of what you claim is completely false.  Slow your roll, Mel McShayock, Jr.

La'el Collins went from 1st round pick to undrafted in less than a week.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 01:31 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: All it takes is a simple Google search.  Lattimore is not the top rated CB by all the draft pundits nor is he the first CB drafted in all the mock drafts.  You also claimed Humphrey isn't rated a top 2 CB, but he is rated the top CB prospect by multiple draft pundits which is something else you can confirm for yourself with a simple Google search.

I know for a fact mccshay has him as number 1 so does kiper. there are the top ones. anyways I still think Humphreys is taken early I think it goes Lattimore tabor Humphries in top 12-15.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 02:57 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I know for a fact mccshay has him as number 1 so does kiper. there are the top ones. anyways I still think Humphreys is taken early I think it goes Lattimore tabor Humphries in top 12-15.

ESPN Insider like I wrote earlier.

(01-04-2017, 05:24 PM)Jpoore Wrote:  Humphrey isn't even a top 2 corner lattimore is rated as the best corner in the draft by all draft pundits

(01-05-2017, 05:43 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Not sure what that has to do with anything ur thinking lattimmore may slide down? As of right now All the main mocks have him as the top rated corner back on the draft.

You claimed Lattimore was the top rated CB by all the pundits in all the mocks.

Hell, just go to CBS Sports.  Just one site proves both your claims false.  There are others as well if you bothered to check.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 05:31 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: ESPN Insider like I wrote earlier.

You claimed Lattimore was the top rated CB by all the pundits in all the mocks.

Hell, just go to CBS Sports.  Just one site proves both your claims false.  There are others as well if you bothered to check.

do not know why u keep mentioning insider I do not even have insider. sorry I should have said all the pundits that matter.
Reply/Quote