Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A "what if" regarding QBs...
More and more mock drafts from all kinds of sources seem to be leaning towards us grabbing a QB in the first round. This includes those from the "name" prognosticators. Maybe the Bengals do it, maybe they don't, but it has got me to thinking...

Isn't it a good thing if the rest of the league starts thinking we might be leaning QB? Maybe a team or two (Miami? Washington) feels pressured to trade up and jump ahead of us to grab a QB they think we *might* take, and one of these LBs, DLs, or OTs we're afraid won't be there suddenly falls right into our lap.

If the Bengals really do want to take a QB, that's all well and good. If they're not, though, I hope they're all-in on making everybody else *think* that they might.
Reply/Quote
That is exactly why Bengals should show interest in QBs even if they have no plans of taking one.

I honestly don't know what they will do.  I don't think it will be a QB but anything is possible.

If somehow 3 QBs go in the top ten then we will have some damn good players to chose from at 11.
Reply/Quote
Yep. And if they do take a QB, you have to hope that Taylor, Callahan, and Van Pelt know what they're doing. We've got three coaches in-house that are supposedly QB guys. We'll see.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 08:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If somehow 3 QBs go in the top ten then we will have some damn good players to chose from at 11.

Bingo! This would be the best thing to happen for us IMO (unless the Bengals then grabbed the fourth QB at 11... ugh).

Of course the story would be "how could the Bengals let someone jump ahead of them" and not "the Bengals played Team X and got the player they wanted", because we'd never know if it was by design.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 08:32 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Yep.  And if they do take a QB, you have to hope that Taylor, Callahan, and Van Pelt know what they're doing.  We've got three coaches in-house that are supposedly QB guys.  We'll see.

If they did draft a QB I'd certainly give them the benefit of the doubt. Even though I don't want a guy like Haskins this year, if we pick him I'll instantly become one of his biggest fans.
Reply/Quote
The QB I think they may target is Daniel Jones.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think MB laid the "smoke screen" out there perfectly and the pundits bit and swallowed the whole thing, when he said "AD needs to re-establish himself. Bengals are not taking a QB in RD1.
Reply/Quote
CBS Mock now has Bengals drafting 2 QBs in the first 5 rounds. SMH.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 11:49 AM)Chezaugie Wrote: CBS Mock now has Bengals drafting 2 QBs in the first 5 rounds. SMH.

Lolwut.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 08:32 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Yep.  And if they do take a QB, you have to hope that Taylor, Callahan, and Van Pelt know what they're doing.  We've got three coaches in-house that are supposedly QB guys.  We'll see.

HASKINS will not get pass the giants and if we take a qb it will be in the second.OUr defensive was the worst in football last season and that needs to be addressed with a number one pick,like Ed Oliver from Houston.Need to get the top players in the first or second,after that the talent drops off a lot.
Reply/Quote