Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A win in NOLA for a struggling team...
(10-16-2022, 08:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was really bad today despite the Saints being without their top 3 WR’s. It has nothing to do with “old narratives.”

What was "really bad"?  Their leading receiver today had 3 catches for 41 yards. Andy Dalton threw for less than 180 yards and had a passer rating below 78. What would be acceptable? 

As I mentioned earlier he lost contain on the long TD run, but Uzi and Bell looked worse on that play. 

I dig his tweet as it was about the team, not him. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 08:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What was "really bad"?  Their leading receiver today had 3 catches for 41 yards. Andy Dalton threw for less than 180 yards and had a passer rating below 78. What would be acceptable? 

As I mentioned earlier he lost contain on the long TD run, but Uzi and Bell looked worse on that play. 

I love hos tweet as it was about the team, not him. 

You turning into Fred or what? Throwing out stats without having watched the entire game? They were picking on Apple big time. Dalton also missed a couple shots where the Saints no name receivers had Apple beat.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 08:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You turning into Fred or what? Throwing out stats without having watched the entire game? They were picking on Apple big time. Dalton also missed a couple shots where the Saints no name receivers had Apple beat.

Nope not turning into Fred, but without watching the game I don't have the "eyeball test" to go to; I have to go by stats and the stats indicate we shut down their passing game. I also never heard Laps or Hoard talk badly about Eli's coverage, but I did hear them talk about Hilton. 

With all that said and let's just pretend he had the worst game in the history of NFL CBs...What was wrong with his tweet? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:14 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: ...is never easy. Even though there were a lot of Burrow fan boys/girls in the Dome, the place is electric. Congrats to these guys. May not have been pretty, but this was a much needed win and hopefully is a turning point in the season. A lot of folks (myself included) have been looking forward to this game since last season, to relive a little bit of 2019. Wish I could have been there with my Burreaux jersey. Not sure if I would've won the LSU one, or the Bengals one and gotten my @$$ kicked.  Tongue

Very happy for the Bengals, the Saints' season is lost anyway. Finally a close game goes in the Bengals' favor. Can't wait til next week. Hopefully this was a turning point in the season. You can't overlook a morale booster like this. And you all have to take into account, this team is absolutely better than the record indicates.

Also I expect the Burrow / Chase tunnel vision complainers to identify yourselves... I told you so!!  Hilarious

Last thought... Burrow doing things like wearing his LSU jersey is precisely why even Saints fans, deep down, pull for him at least a little bit. Gave me friggin goosebumps.

Congrats.  Rock On

....but that's a lot of the reason we won. Joe was dicing them up underneath and spreading the ball around. Chase breaks a couple of tackles and makes the big plays he's capable of. Joe was patient today, and it won the game. He also made two absolutely fantastic escapes today. He gets the game ball from me. I loved Joe's play today.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why are folks hating on Eli? He had a solid game. I did see where he lost contain on the TD run but Awuzie and Bell looked equally as bad.

Eli ended the game with 6 tackles. Are we for real mad at a dude who just posted Who Dey>Who Dat?

He didn't say shit about his game

I know right?

Bengals win, the dude makes one little tweet and people go crazy. I wasn't thrilled with his coverage today but damn...let the guy say his peace, after i'm sure, getting lit up by others all week. 

sheesh

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 08:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope not turning into Fred, but without watching the game I don't have the "eyeball test" to go to; I have to go by stats and the stats indicate we shut down their passing game. I also never heard Laps or Hoard talk badly about Eli's coverage, but I did hear them talk about Hilton. 

With all that said and let's just pretend he had the worst game in the history of NFL CBs...What was wrong with his tweet? 

Hilton was uncharacteristically bad in this one, too. Chido made some great plays.

Nothing was particularly wrong with that specific tweet, I just would have preferred he not run right to the locker room and jump on social media after a game he didn’t play very well in.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 08:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hilton was uncharacteristically bad in this one, too. Chido made some great plays.

Nothing was particularly wrong with that specific tweet, I just would have preferred he not run right to the locker room and jump on social media after a game he didn’t play very well in.

Very uncharacteristic for Hilton. He's usually money. Just had an off day. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 08:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hilton was uncharacteristically bad in this one, too. Chido made some great plays.

Well, he also spoke in the locker room, but everyone just wants to focus on the tweet...

"It was great. It’s always a great time in the Superdome. We all enjoyed that electricity and we fed off of it."

"We’ve been talking about finishing on defense all week. It came down to us that we made that stop at the end."

I'm not really a fan of Eli and didn't want him re-signed..but other than Noah Brown and a couple big plays allowed today, the guy has been pretty damn solid otherwise. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 09:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Well, he also spoke in the locker room, but everyone just wants to focus on the tweet...

"It was great. It’s always a great time in the Superdome. We all enjoyed that electricity and we fed off of it."

"We’ve been talking about finishing on defense all week. It came down to us that we made that stop at the end."

I'm not really a fan of Eli and didn't want him re-signed..but other than Noah Brown and a couple big plays allowed today, the guy has been pretty damn solid otherwise. 

He’s been pretty good before today. Taking shots at the entire city of New Orleans was just never my favorite thing.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 08:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hilton was uncharacteristically bad in this one, too. Chido made some great plays.

(10-16-2022, 08:54 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Very uncharacteristic for Hilton. He's usually money. Just had an off day. 

Agree w ya both. Love Hilton but he had a crappy game.

I feel like part of that was due to the huge mismatch with the guy he was covering.

Hilton is 5’9-ish and the Saints guy was 6’3” and pretty jacked.
Reply/Quote