Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A winning in 2023 vs the 24 draft
Curious. If we could go back in time, does anyone wish we didn’t win all those games with Browning and we were drafting higher? Those wins didn’t get us in the playoffs, all it did was hurt our draft stock. As we’re approaching the draft I wonder how much your opinions of that may change. Imagine some too 5 player falling to 13 and we could have drafted him if we didn’t win those games.
Reply/Quote
Would rather have a higher pick but never want to lose purposely to do so. Especially since there was a chance at the playoffs still.

Only see losing on purpose as an option if there is absolutely no chance of post season and they're trying to get the #1 selection personally.

Now do wish the Bengals would have chose to start Browning at the beginning of the year while Burrow was still hurt and maybe they do make the playoffs.

Plus it's nice to have those high draft picks but I've seen too many of those throughout the years for the Bengals and am ready to have some 32nd picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Disagree I felt we learned a lot about our team at the end of the season.

1.) We have legit confidence in Jake Browning as a backup QB.

2.) We know we can now run a more balanced offense and not just a spread offense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 11:55 PM)J24 Wrote: Disagree I felt we learned a lot about our team at the end of the season.

1.) We have legit confidence in Jake Browning as a backup QB.

2.) We know we can now run a more balanced offense and not just a spread offense.

#2 is true with Jake browning. TBD if that’s what they want to do with JB back there.
Reply/Quote
Not really.

There is nobody I feel like we are missing out on that trading in to the top 10 would make us that much better.
Reply/Quote
I wish the Bengals had won one more game early in the season that would have knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs and we would have got to play the Bills the first week of the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
That last game against the Browns was super annoying because they didn't even play their starters. I feel like the Browns really won that game because they got to hurt a division opponent's draft stock.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 11:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Would rather have a higher pick but never want to lose purposely to do so. Especially since there was a chance at the playoffs still.

Only see losing on purpose as an option if there is absolutely no chance of post season and they're trying to get the #1 selection personally.

Now do wish the Bengals would have chose to start Browning at the beginning of the year while Burrow was still hurt and maybe they do make the playoffs.

Plus it's nice to have those high draft picks but I've seen too many of those throughout the years for the Bengals and am ready to have some 32nd picks.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ztfokyp4belkrfrlibt...w.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 09:44 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Curious. If we could go back in time, does anyone wish we didn’t win all those games with Browning and we were drafting higher? Those wins didn’t get us in the playoffs, all it did was hurt our draft stock. As we’re approaching the draft I wonder how much your opinions of that may change. Imagine some too 5 player falling to 13 and we could have drafted him if we didn’t win those games.

Not that I wanted the team to lose, but I didn't think they'd end up with a winning record with Browning as QB for half the season.
I expected probably 7 wins, give or take 1.

In general though, I hate being middle of the pack.
Either give me true contender or a bad team so I can stop caring midway through the year lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I was really hoping for a loss in one of the meaningless late games. That would have moved us into the top 15 and right in the sweet spot in this draft.
Reply/Quote