Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, I'm Looking Past The Next Game
With Bengals already winning the AFC North, there are many reasons this feels like the last preseason game before regular season to me. In that the only thing I care about is the team not having injuries in a meaningless game. Being at their best in the next game.

There are many factors besides the game itself. One would be blind not to see the covid outbreak after Thanksgiving to New Years as after 2020 Holiday Season. Just as last January, hospitals are over full and a huge national problem. The NFL is not an island unto itself, and with players testing positive for covid and The Bengals now have Key Players. Most of these players were vaccinated, and I do believe they will test OK to play in the Play-Offs, as many athletes. I see players in baseball, football, basketball unable to play due to covid 5 or 10 days and they are right back playing saying they were never sick, and doctors admit some covid tests are in error. So I do believe and hope covid will not cause many Key Bengals to miss the Play-Offs.

Another factor is football injuries. I'll take the last game with Pittsburgh in 2014 season. Both teams injured themselves too much. Players were being taken of on carts or carried off the field the entire ugly game between Bengals and Steelers. The result was both teams came out so injured, that both teams went One and Done easy by the Play-Offs teams they played. It makes one question these ugly end of season wars between AFC North rivals where they go out of their way to cause career ending injuries in the built up hate for each other. Bengals at Browns on paper was suppose to be another end of season ugly battle of injuries, but that would now be very stupid for both teams.

Bengals Fans are constantly reminded of this 30 some years without a Play-Off win. Now in all fairness, the team being so bad it didn't go to a play-off from 1991 to 2004 seasons is to me a huge reason, but those awful teams never get blamed. Under Coaches Shula, Coslett, Lebeau the Bengals never went to play-offs. I give Coach Lewis credit for getting Bengals to 7 play-offs and 5 in a row which is still far beyond what this Cincinnati franchise has ever done. Yet Coach Lewis was 0-7 in Play-Off Games. Now that the entire 30 some years now gets dumped on New Coaches and New Players who had nothing to do with is unfair. Many players not born yet when the awful 1990's Bengals teams played. Still, it would be nice to see it end that The Bengals have gone longer than any other NFL team without a Play-Off Win. It would be good to get that monkey off this teams back.

Then there is Joe Burrow sacked more in 2021 than any other NFL quarterback. He took a lot of hits in 2020 before he was hit one too many times. He took a ton of hits in the Kansas City game last week. He will take more hits in The Play-Offs. At least he is not playing in this season wrap up in Cleveland. Joe Burrow is to Bengals what Joe Namath was to The Jets, in that on the field he is Magic, but the trick is to keep him on the field. No one helps the club in the tub or on IL. More blocking should be on order in the off season.

So for these factors and more, I really don't care about the Cleveland game. I will watch it. For one of the few times since 1970, I really don't care about the Cleveland game. There will be other Cleveland games. I was more excited about the Bengals vs Cleveland preseason game at Ohio State Stadium back in what, 1971 or 1972. Bob Hope entertained at mid field as did The Ohio State Band. That was then, this is now. The fact is, it doesn't matter that much who wins this Ohio game this weekend. Oh, I will watch it, but like preseason my hope is No Major Injuries that carry into Play-Off Week. I'm also thinking the NFL picked as bad time to add an extra week to the season. Of all the years to add an extra week.

I'll watch it, my hearts not into it. I'll watch it and pray for no injuries. The Ohio thing means little now to me. So normally you don't look ahead on the schedule, but I am. I am looking forward to The Play-Off Game in Cincinnati next week. This Ohio thing this week, I wish it was over, and no injuries. All I really care about now is The Play-Off Game in Cincinnati NEXT WEEK. That's the game, not this Ohio thing, not now, not at this time.

I don't even care who Bengals face in the first Play-Off Game. So who else wins this week is no big deal to me. It could be Patriots, Bills, Colts, Chargers or Raiders and none of these teams are an Easy Game. So trying to figure out who you would rather play is pointless, because any Play-Off team can beat you. So I have little interest in add on week 18 across the NFL. Plus, if Bengals beat The Chiefs, they can Beat Anybody.

GO BENGALS IN THE PLAY-OFFS. I like The Teams chances, no matter who they play. They have too many weapons to double team any one player as teams doubled down on Chad or Green. This makes them like the 1981 or 1988 Bengals of too many weapons to double team any one player, and a Top QB in Anderson, Boomer or Burrow . That is why I like Bengals chances. Plus Bengals have a Good Defense, Kicker and Punter. GO BENGALS IN THE PLAY-OFFS.

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I've already said it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if they forfeited it and did not travel to Cleveland. They will be in a hotel full of people, and even if they stay to themselves, there are hostesses, waiters, room attendants, bus drivers, etc etc etc that will have coughing and hacking all over the place. Too much risk for a game that is not needed, IMO.
Reply/Quote
I don't get why some of you wouldn't want to at least try and win this game. I'm fine with Burrow and some of our starters sitting, but this game is winnable and Brandon Allen is capable of beating this Browns team.

Seeding matters. I REALLY don't want to play the Patriots. They have the greatest coach of all time and an elite defense and a good offense.

The Bengals shouldn't just roll over against Cleveland. There are still things at stake.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 01:40 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't get why some of you wouldn't want to at least try and win this game. I'm fine with Burrow and some of our starters sitting, but this game is winnable and Brandon Allen is capable of beating this Browns team.

Seeding matters. I REALLY don't want to play the Patriots. They have the greatest coach of all time and an elite defense and a good offense.

The Bengals shouldn't just roll over against Cleveland. There are still things at stake.

Patriots would be my choice to play.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 01:27 PM)kevin Wrote: With Bengals already winning the AFC North, there are many reasons this feels like the last preseason game before regular season to me. In that the only thing I care about is the team not having injuries in a meaningless game. Being at their best in the next game.

There are many factors besides the game itself. One would be blind not to see the covid outbreak after Thanksgiving to New Years as after 2020 Holiday Season. Just as last January, hospitals are over full and a huge national problem. The NFL is not an island unto itself, and with players testing positive for covid and The Bengals now have Key Players. Most of these players were vaccinated, and I do believe they will test OK to play in the Play-Offs, as many athletes. I see players in baseball, football, basketball unable to play due to covid 5 or 10 days and they are right back playing saying they were never sick, and doctors admit some covid tests are in error. So I do believe and hope covid will not cause many Key Bengals to miss the Play-Offs.

Another factor is football injuries. I'll take the last game with Pittsburgh in 2014 season. Both teams injured themselves too much. Players were being taken of on carts or carried off the field the entire ugly game between Bengals and Steelers. The result was both teams came out so injured, that both teams went One and Done easy by the Play-Offs teams they played. It makes one question these ugly end of season wars between AFC North rivals where they go out of their way to cause career ending injuries in the built up hate for each other. Bengals at Browns on paper was suppose to be another end of season ugly battle of injuries, but that would now be very stupid for both teams.

Bengals Fans are constantly reminded of this 30 some years without a Play-Off win. Now in all fairness, the team being so bad it didn't go to a play-off from 1991 to 2004 seasons is to me a huge reason, but those awful teams never get blamed. Under Coaches Shula, Coslett, Lebeau the Bengals never went to play-offs. I give Coach Lewis credit for getting Bengals to 7 play-offs and 5 in a row which is still far beyond what this Cincinnati franchise has ever done. Yet Coach Lewis was 0-7 in Play-Off Games. Now that the entire 30 some years now gets dumped on New Coaches and New Players who had nothing to do with is unfair. Many players not born yet when the awful 1990's Bengals teams played. Still, it would be nice to see it end that The Bengals have gone longer than any other NFL team without a Play-Off Win. It would be good to get that monkey off this teams back.

Then there is Joe Burrow sacked more in 2021 than any other NFL quarterback. He took a lot of hits in 2020 before he was hit one too many times. He took a ton of hits in the Kansas City game last week. He will take more hits in The Play-Offs. At least he is not playing in this season wrap up in Cleveland. Joe Burrow is to Bengals what Joe Namath was to The Jets, in that on the field he is Magic, but the trick is to keep him on the field. No one helps the club in the tub or on IL. More blocking should be on order in the off season.

So for these factors and more, I really don't care about the Cleveland game. I will watch it. For one of the few times since 1970, I really don't care about the Cleveland game. There will be other Cleveland games. I was more excited about the Bengals vs Cleveland preseason game at Ohio State Stadium back in what, 1971 or 1972. Bob Hope entertained at mid field as did The Ohio State Band. That was then, this is now. The fact is, it doesn't matter that much who wins this Ohio game this weekend. Oh, I will watch it, but like preseason my hope is No Major Injuries that carry into Play-Off Week. I'm also thinking the NFL picked as bad time to add an extra week to the season. Of all the years to add an extra week.

I'll watch it, my hearts not into it. I'll watch it and pray for no injuries. The Ohio thing means little now to me. So normally you don't look ahead on the schedule, but I am. I am looking forward to The Play-Off Game in Cincinnati next week. This Ohio thing this week, I wish it was over, and no injuries. All I really care about now is The Play-Off Game in Cincinnati NEXT WEEK. That's the game, not this Ohio thing, not now, not at this time.

I don't even care who Bengals face in the first Play-Off Game. So who else wins this week is no big deal to me. It could be Patriots, Bills, Colts, Chargers or Raiders and none of these teams are an Easy Game. So trying to figure out who you would rather play is pointless, because any Play-Off team can beat you. So I have little interest in add on week 18 across the NFL. Plus, if Bengals beat The Chiefs, they can Beat Anybody.

GO BENGALS IN THE PLAY-OFFS. I like The Teams chances, no matter who they play. They have too many weapons to double team any one player as teams doubled down on Chad or Green. This makes them like the 1981 or 1988 Bengals of too many weapons to double team any one player, and a Top QB in Anderson, Boomer or Burrow . That is why I like Bengals chances. Plus Bengals have a Good Defense, Kicker and Punter. GO BENGALS IN THE PLAY-OFFS.

Tiger
As far as the playoffs are concerned.If the Bengals don’t go in and play a sloppy game,and have 0 turnovers,I think they’ll be just fine.I predict a win in their first playoff game,finally,after 30 plus years,regardless of the opponent.They’re hungry,motivated and their confidence is at an all time high.Go Bengals!
Reply/Quote
*doesn't read pointless wall of text*

Good post kevin..........
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Aren't we all? I mean, is anyone vested in the outcome of this game beyond having no injuries, no Covid infections and maybe seeing some flashes and getting some reps from our back-ups?? I'll watch and will be in the GD thread to chat with others, but I put little to no stock in the outcome of the game. Get out healthy and it's on to whomever in the WC game.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 01:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Patriots would be my choice to play.

I agree with this. The colts have more pass catching weapons and about the same d and Taylor.

I want the pats. At home. Rookie qb.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 01:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've already said it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if they forfeited it and did not travel to Cleveland. They will be in a hotel full of people, and even if they stay to themselves, there are hostesses, waiters, room attendants, bus drivers, etc etc etc that will have coughing and hacking all over the place. Too much risk for a game that is not needed, IMO.

I've thought of this and do wish we could forfeit the game. Even if it had to count as a loss to both of us I'm sure the Browns wouldn't care about that as it would help they're draft stock. 

Covid does seem to be spreading like crazy at the moment thankfully this version seems to be weaker and we have a better handle on it now. But that doesn't really help a player if he tests positive he still has to produce the necessary negative tests. Plus like you said who knows how many people an NFL player comes into contact with on any given week. This is undoubtedly the biggest concern for every NFL team heading into the postseason.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 01:27 PM)kevin Wrote: With Bengals already winning the AFC North, there are many reasons this feels like the last preseason game before regular season to me.  In that the only thing I care about is the team not having injuries in a meaningless game. Being at their best in the next game.

There are many factors besides the game itself.  One would be blind not to see the covid outbreak after Thanksgiving to New Years as after 2020 Holiday Season.  Just as last January, hospitals are over full and a huge national problem.  The NFL is not an island unto itself, and with players testing positive for covid and The Bengals now have Key Players.  Most of these players were vaccinated, and I do believe they will test OK to play in the Play-Offs, as many athletes.  I see players in baseball, football, basketball unable to play due to covid 5 or 10 days and they are right back playing saying they were never sick, and doctors admit some covid tests are in error. So I do believe and hope covid will not cause many Key Bengals to miss the Play-Offs.

Another factor is football injuries.  I'll take the last game with Pittsburgh in 2014 season.  Both teams injured themselves too much.  Players were being taken of on carts or carried off the field the entire ugly game between Bengals and Steelers.  The result was both teams came out so injured, that both teams went One and Done easy by the Play-Offs teams they played.  It makes one question these ugly end of season wars between AFC North rivals where they go out of their way to cause career ending injuries in the built up hate for each other. Bengals at Browns on paper was suppose to be another end of season ugly battle of injuries, but that would now be very stupid for both teams.

Bengals Fans are constantly reminded of this 30 some years without a Play-Off win.  Now in all fairness, the team being so bad it didn't go to a play-off from 1991 to 2004 seasons is to me a huge reason, but those awful teams never get blamed. Under Coaches Shula, Coslett, Lebeau the Bengals never went to play-offs.  I give Coach Lewis credit for getting Bengals to 7 play-offs and 5 in a row which is still far beyond what this Cincinnati franchise has ever done.  Yet Coach Lewis was 0-7 in Play-Off Games.   Now that the entire 30 some years now gets dumped on New Coaches and New Players who had nothing to do with is unfair. Many players not born yet when the awful 1990's Bengals teams played.  Still, it would be nice to see it end that The Bengals have gone longer than any other NFL team without a Play-Off Win.  It would be good to get that monkey off this teams back.

Then there is Joe Burrow sacked more in 2021 than any other NFL quarterback. He took a lot of hits in 2020 before he was hit one too many times.  He took a ton of hits in the Kansas City game last week.  He will take more hits in The Play-Offs. At least he is not playing in this season wrap up in Cleveland.  Joe Burrow is to Bengals what Joe Namath was to The Jets, in that on the field he is Magic, but the trick is to keep him on the field. No one helps the club in the tub or on IL. More blocking should be on order in the off season.

So for these factors and more, I really don't care about the Cleveland game.  I will watch it.  For one of the few times since 1970, I really don't care about the Cleveland game.  There will be other Cleveland games.  I was more excited about the Bengals vs Cleveland preseason game at Ohio State Stadium back in what, 1971 or 1972.  Bob Hope entertained at mid field as did The Ohio State Band. That was then, this is now. The fact is, it doesn't matter that much who wins this Ohio game this weekend.  Oh, I will watch it, but like preseason my hope is No Major Injuries that carry into Play-Off Week.  I'm also thinking the NFL picked as bad time to add an extra week to the season. Of all the years to add an extra week.

I'll watch it, my hearts not into it. I'll watch it and pray for no injuries. The Ohio thing means little now to me.  So normally you don't look ahead on the schedule, but I am.  I am looking forward to The Play-Off Game in Cincinnati next week.  This Ohio thing this week, I wish it was over, and no injuries.  All I really care about now is The Play-Off Game in Cincinnati NEXT WEEK.  That's the game, not this Ohio thing, not now, not at this time.

I don't even care who Bengals face in the first Play-Off Game.  So who else wins this week is no big deal to me.  It could be Patriots, Bills, Colts, Chargers or Raiders and none of these teams are an Easy Game.  So trying to figure out who you would rather play is pointless, because any Play-Off team can beat you. So I have little interest in add on week 18 across the NFL. Plus, if Bengals beat The Chiefs, they can Beat Anybody.

GO BENGALS IN THE PLAY-OFFS.  I like The Teams chances, no matter who they play.  They have too many weapons to double team any one player as teams doubled down on Chad or Green.  This makes them like the 1981 or 1988 Bengals of too many weapons to double team any one player, and a Top QB in Anderson, Boomer or Burrow . That is why I like Bengals chances.  Plus Bengals have a Good Defense, Kicker and Punter. GO BENGALS IN THE PLAY-OFFS.

Tiger

Need more blocking...
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 01:40 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't get why some of you wouldn't want to at least try and win this game. I'm fine with Burrow and some of our starters sitting, but this game is winnable and Brandon Allen is capable of beating this Browns team.

I’d take colts or raiders. Colts don’t have a great QB and will try to run a lot, but you stack the box and dare wants to beat you over the top or put a ton of wear on Taylor.
Reply/Quote

It should be winnable. The Browns are also going to be down players, including their starting QB.

Chiefs game tomorrow should help give more indication of how hard the Bengals should try to win.
If Chiefs win, Bengals can't get 1st seed.
I don't want Bengals getting 2nd seed just in case Steelers squeak in, as Steelers would only get to play the 2nd seed.

3rd seed is really where we want the Bengals to be if not 1st seed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I want Raiders Colts Pats round 1. Titans round 2 Bills Round3 4 Cards in SB
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 04:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It should be winnable. The Browns are also going to be down players, including their starting QB.

Chiefs game tomorrow should help give more indication of how hard the Bengals should try to win.
If Chiefs win, Bengals can't get 1st seed.
I don't want Bengals getting 2nd seed just in case Steelers squeak in, as Steelers would only get to play the 2nd seed.

3rd seed is really where we want the Bengals to be if not 1st seed.

I don't want any part of the Stealers si.ply because the ref bias will be off the chart to send rapistboy out a winner
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 05:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't want any part of the Stealers si.ply because the ref bias will be off the chart to send rapistboy out a winner

Exactly. Between Steelers bending the rules and refs missing/making certain calls that could seem to favor the Steelers, I'd prefer just to avoid them at all costs.
I don't want a repeat of 2015.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
We don't know who we will be playing at this point, so let's wait and see.
Reply/Quote