Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AB out fo good
(01-03-2022, 10:57 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I heard Chris Carter on NFL channel this morning say that, but it is an excuse for someone who has mental health issues

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More likely a reason than an excuse. Repeated blows to the head have been proven to cause mental health and behavioral problems.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 11:00 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Only tort lawyers would want that. They than sue the NFL and all organized football is destroyed. No college football, no high school football. The erratic behavior can be attributed to mental health issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which is why I specifically wrote “in part,” because I don’t believe CTE is the sole cause for his behavior and wouldn’t be surprised if he had a personality disorder. But, CTE can also cause changes in mood and behavior and he certainly has a history of chronic, repetitive head injury.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:11 AM)jason Wrote: Yeah. Aside from bein' a lil goofy here and there he really wasn't a problem in Pittsburgh til that head shot in the playoffs... Was he? The dude has completely lost it over the last 5 years.

He got kicked out of Florida International before playing a down there after a confrontation with a security guard.  Here's an article about his problems before he got to the NFL - https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/09/13/antonio-brown-nfl-wrs-troubling-past-shines-light-current-woes/2298810001/

The "Burfict gave him CTE" take is kind of lazy and not really fair to Burfict.  AB is a guy who had a tough upbringing but was also given multiple chances because of his talent - predating ever playing against Vontaze Burfict.
Reply/Quote
Can’t hang it on Burfict. I don’t think one blow causes CTE. But damn to go from the best in the league to this is sad.

If it’s the incentives he still had another week, and he should have a lot of money already.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I've seen and experienced serious mental illness and breakdowns ,but this was inexcusable from someone who has been paid millions of dollars just to play a game. I've also seen more than my share of people use mental illness as their excuse to be total asswipes about any and everything whenever they're not getting their way over the most petty of things. At the end of the day you stand up and be accountable for yourself because nobody else is going to do that for you. I had to learn that crap the hard way when I was younger. I used the same bullshit excuses and got kicked around over it so I really don't have a hell of a lot of sympathy unless the person is truly schizophrenic or something. I have a stepdaughter with schizophrenia so I know for fact she can't help it, but this kind of schmuck like AB? Take a freaking long walk off a short pier and don't cry because it's wet down there.. Nobody with any sense gives a crap. I have zero sympathy for users like AB and other manipulators like him. 
I'm harsh about it, but guess what folks..life is harsh and at the end of the day the jungle we live in doesn't care that you might have gone nuts. You either learn how to control your bullshit or you get eaten by the stronger beasts who can control it.
Bottom line is we live in a world where the largest provider of mental health services by a HUGE margin is in fact the penal system and it's only getting worse. I learned the hard way to keep that shit under wraps because it will eat you alive no matter how much money you have and how popular you might have ever been. The crazy house was replaced by prisons. 
I see one of three possible outcomes for him. A. He gets his shit together, B. He dies by suicide or C. He ends up in prison.. End of rant..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote