Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACA/Obamacare Repeal/Replace Drama
(03-24-2017, 04:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yep.  Some are still holding out to try and make it even worse for citizens.

Good job.

So you sided with Trump?

Confusing isn't it? You can't blame Trump without praising the GOP and you can't blame the GOP without blaming Trump. What is a hater to do?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-24-2017, 04:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you sided with Trump?

Confusing isn't it? You can't blame Trump without praising the GOP and you can't blame the GOP without blaming Trump. What is a hater to do?

Awww...this one is above your pay grade.

Repealing the ACA is wrong.

The AHCA was bad...and not a good replacement.

The Republicans against the AHCA hate the ACA so much want an even WORSE replacement.

Trump is wrong.
The GOP is wrong.

And thanks to their inability to hate equally....they both failed.

I apologize...that doesn't fit a t-shirt for you.   Sad
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-24-2017, 04:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Trump is wrong.
The GOP is wrong.

And thanks to their inability to hate equally....they both failed.

Deep down, I knew you could do it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-24-2017, 05:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Deep down, I knew you could do it.

Maybe that's because deep down you know you're just a troll?  Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Hate to see this politicized. The current system is awful. The plan to replace was awful.

I have insurance but the costs have gone up. I do two physicals a year, preventive. At those I get blood pressure taken and they draw blood and send it to a lab. My cost with insurance used to be 88 dollars a visit out of pocket. My cost this year with insurance is 278 dollars per visit. Somebody has to figure this out better.
(03-24-2017, 05:19 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I have insurance but the costs have gone up.  I do two physicals a year, preventive.  At those I get blood pressure taken and they draw blood and send it to a lab.  My cost with insurance used to be 88 dollars a visit out of pocket.  My cost this year with insurance is 278 dollars per visit.  Somebody has to figure this out better.

At a cost of about $200B a year to basically add 16M people to Medicaid, the money had to come from somewhere.

Here's your bill.  Enjoy your privilege.
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-24-2017, 05:19 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Hate to see this politicized.   The current system is awful.  The plan to replace was awful.

I have insurance but the costs have gone up.  I do two physicals a year, preventive.  At those I get blood pressure taken and they draw blood and send it to a lab.  My cost with insurance used to be 88 dollars a visit out of pocket.  My cost this year with insurance is 278 dollars per visit.  Somebody has to figure this out better.

Not sure what State you live in, or the type of insurance that you have, but those numbers seem a bit high both before and after.  I live in NC, my employer provides us with health care coverage through United Health Care.  Thus far, in the 5 years that I have been with this plan, my copays and deductibles have not changed.  500 annual deductible, 15 office visit, 80/20 on anything once the deductible is met and all copays apply toward the annual deductible.

Edit: Now, the health plan does not include Dental coverage, so I pay 81/mo for both me and my wife. I also carry Aflac supplemental for both of us at a cost of 34/mo.

I am quite satisfied with the plan that my employer has chosen.  My wife, however, works for the County, and their plan isn't quite as good.  Her plan has about a 1500 deductible and 30 copays, but still 80/20 after deductible.  However, if the kids were still at home, I would be screwed.  As an individual I have no cost per my employer, if I had to carry a family plan, it would cost me over 1200/mo.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(03-24-2017, 06:27 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: At a cost of about $200B a year to basically add 16M people to Medicaid, the money had to come from somewhere.

Yea, well I work 'corporate', not in management but seventeen years out in the field.  All I do is re-up with the same big name insurance company.  My monthly cost has had a slight increase, no real complaints.  I just don't get the benefits/coverage that I used to.  
Trump sure does make deals...

Here i thought his open public threats would work.

Since he is already on record as saying something about just letting Obamacare collapse I really hope option B isnt to just do nothing and then blame democrats. Then again from the looks of it we may be better off if the Republicans go back to trying to do nothing since all they can do is copy and paste stuff special interests and big business writes.
(03-24-2017, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not sure what State you live in, or the type of insurance that you have, but those numbers seem a bit high both before and after.  I live in NC, my employer provides us with health care coverage through United Health Care.  Thus far, in the 5 years that I have been with this plan, my copays and deductibles have not changed.  500 annual deductible, 15 office visit, 80/20 on anything once the deductible is met and all copays apply toward the annual deductible.

Edit:  Now, the health plan does not include Dental coverage, so I pay 81/mo for both me and my wife.  I also carry Aflac supplemental for both of us at a cost of 34/mo.

I am quite satisfied with the plan that my employer has chosen.  My wife, however, works for the County, and their plan isn't quite as good.  Her plan has about a 1500 deductible and 30 copays, but still 80/20 after deductible.  However, if the kids were still at home, I would be screwed.  As an individual I have no cost per my employer, if I had to carry a family plan, it would cost me over 1200/mo.

I have UHC I purchased on my own 6-7 years ago.  My coverage is pretty decent, and average annual increases of @6.5% aren't bad considering I am getting older.  I have a $5000 deductible, $25-$30 copays...and I pay a little over $4k a year for health, vision and dental. But I'm paying with after-tax dollars (and I may do something about that), so your employer could give you $6500 of coverage for what I'm paying.

I may look into AFLAC supplemental.  How does it work?

I'd love to see a health savings accounts for individuals again.  A 401k-type option, IMO, might  have the single biggest impact to reduce costs because you'd have a "medical emergency" fund built over a lifetime that would allow you to carry much higher deductibles. 

Really, the only benefit I see for better than catastrophic insurance is the fact that insurance companies pay 10% or less, in many cases, what an uninsured would.  Eliminate that price discrimination, combined with HSA's, and you have the start of a major transformation.

(03-24-2017, 08:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Since he is already on record as saying something about just letting Obamacare collapse I really hope option B isnt to just do nothing and then blame democrats.

It's not a bad move to entice Democratic support to push it over the top.  Of course, you need bipartisanship in the design (which is the mistake Dems made with Obamacare).

I also don't think a piecemeal approach is bad, either.  Get done what you can, go after the low-hanging fruit a majority can agree on, and then tackle the more complicated challenges down the road.

If no one is going to fix anything and just point fingers to try and win votes, then I hope voters wake-up and throw out both Dems and Repubs with impunity.  This is very much a bipartisan problem now, and there shouldn't be cover for anyone, anywhere, to deflect blame.  I think the vast majority of America would be very pleased, with both parties, if there was a real bipartisan effort to fix things (and maybe that's the problem here).

(03-24-2017, 08:16 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I have UHC I purchased on my own 6-7 years ago.  My coverage is pretty decent, and average annual increases of @6.5% aren't bad considering I am getting older.  I have a $5000 deductible, $25-$30 copays...and I pay a little over $4k a year for health, vision and dental.  But I'm paying with after-tax dollars (and I may do something about that), so your employer could give you $6500 of coverage for what I'm paying.

I may look into AFLAC supplemental.  How does it work?

I'd love to see a health savings accounts for individuals again.  A 401k-type option, IMO, might  have the single biggest impact to reduce costs because you'd have a "medical emergency" fund built over a lifetime that would allow you to carry much higher deductibles. 

Really, the only benefit I see for better than catastrophic insurance is the fact that insurance companies pay 10% or less, in many cases, what an uninsured would.  Eliminate that price discrimination, combined with HSA's, and you have the start of a major transformation.

Aflac is pretty simple.  If you get injured, and often times for routine maintenance, they will reimburse you.  They have a complete program outline that you could likely look at online.  If you are seriously injured, it pays larger amounts.  For example, had my shoulder surgery been covered, I stood to get paid about 2400, or about the amount that my regular coverage did not.  However, being that the MRI was taken a few weeks before I signed up for Aflac, I did not get paid for that event.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I typed that earlier comment before I saw the orange con man ass clown complaining his busted ass bullshit didnt pass because of Democrats.

And then our joke of a president repeated multiple times how Obamacare was going to explode. He didnt say he will work on not letting our countries health care system explode. Just that he hopes after it does some democrats will join him in trying to fix it.

One of the first executive orders he signed was for the dismantling of the ACA. And he also canceled millions of dollars of advertising that was bought and paid for. Which could have resulted in more people signing up and maybe helping the ACA.

I know he worked really hard on the American Health Care Act. Hell, I hear came up with two of the four words in its title. He said he would work so hard for us and was the only one who could solve our problems. You know he does his best thinking and number crunching out on the golf course. So he has been hitting it really hard in his first TWO freaking months on the job.

So now after all his gruelling golf trips to his private resort the deal maker who will work so hard for the American people is happy to sit back and watch the health care system in America explode hoping that will make some Democrats reach across the isle and save the day. Even though it was Republicans who did everything in their power to ensure the ACA failed.

Truly miserable shitbag asshole of a president is horrible for our country. Lets movevon to better and bigger ideas like blowing billions of dollars on a wall while our vital infrastructure crumbles. And come up with some lame ass idea to make Mexico pay for that really increases costs of living for average Americans.

Orange numb nuts *****. I sure could use a time machine.
(03-25-2017, 12:44 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: ... And he also canceled millions of dollars of advertising that was bought and paid for. Which could have resulted in more people signing up and maybe helping the ACA.

That's as ******** as the people Trump makes fun of.

(03-24-2017, 04:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well they've pulled it. Refreshing to see the GOP not vote along Party lines just because.

It would be refreshing if they had spent the past seven years coming up with a replacement plan.
(03-24-2017, 05:19 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Hate to see this politicized.   The current system is awful.  The plan to replace was awful.

I have insurance but the costs have gone up.  I do two physicals a year, preventive.  At those I get blood pressure taken and they draw blood and send it to a lab.  My cost with insurance used to be 88 dollars a visit out of pocket.  My cost this year with insurance is 278 dollars per visit.  Somebody has to figure this out better.

https://www.healthcare.gov/preventive-care-adults/
(03-24-2017, 06:27 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: At a cost of about $200B a year to basically add 16M people to Medicaid, the money had to come from somewhere.

(03-24-2017, 08:16 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I have UHC I purchased on my own 6-7 years ago.  My coverage is pretty decent, and average annual increases of @6.5% aren't bad considering I am getting older.  I have a $5000 deductible, $25-$30 copays...and I pay a little over $4k a year for health, vision and dental.  But I'm paying with after-tax dollars (and I may do something about that), so your employer could give you $6500 of coverage for what I'm paying.

How is it you know Goalpost's plan is affected by Obamacare, but your's isn't?

Quote:I may look into AFLAC supplemental.  How does it work?

It's short term disability.  Although they have other types of supplemental insurance, like cancer.

Quote:I'd love to see a health savings accounts for individuals again.  A 401k-type option, IMO, might  have the single biggest impact to reduce costs because you'd have a "medical emergency" fund built over a lifetime that would allow you to carry much higher deductibles. 

That would have zero affect on costs.  Zero.  That's like claiming your savings account will reduce the cost of a gallon of gas or milk.  Speaking of savings accounts, how much does the average American family have in savings?  You think all those families with little to no savings are going to suddenly start funding HSAs when they aren't even funding savings accounts?  If they can't afford the insurance they can't afford to put money in a HSA.

Quote:Really, the only benefit I see for better than catastrophic insurance is the fact that insurance companies pay 10% or less, in many cases, what an uninsured would.

False.  The uninsured or those willing/able to pay cash get a 10% discount because the providers receive an administrative savings by not dealing with the insurance paperwork.

Quote:Eliminate that price discrimination, combined with HSA's, and you have the start of a major transformation.

LMAO  

The price discrimination works in the opposite direction you claimed and HSAs have zero affect on costs, so your "major transformation" amounts to less than spitting in the ocean.
(03-25-2017, 02:17 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: That's as ******** as the people Trump makes fun of.

It's no more "********" than the . . .

(03-25-2017, 02:35 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: lazy pseudo-intellectuals that are neither smart enough to know what they are arguing, nor insightful enough to propose something better

. . . such as suggesting HSAs will reduce cost and could result in a "major transformation."
(03-24-2017, 08:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Trump sure does make deals...

Here i thought his open public threats would work.

Since he is already on record as saying something about just letting Obamacare collapse I really hope option B isnt to just do nothing and then blame democrats. Then again from the looks of it we may be better off if the Republicans go back to trying to do nothing since all they can do is copy and paste stuff special interests and big business writes.

Yep. Masterful negotiation by Super Trump.

Step one: Make a hollow threat - 'if you don't vote for this you will be fired!' Amazingly this has actually worked for this asshole many times but now, nada.

Step two: Pout like a little ***** - 'Vote for this today, or I am taking my ball and going home.' Takes ball and goes home, not realizing he is the only person who thinks he just won.

Step three: When in doubt, or just conscious, LIE. 'I've been saying for a long time this is complicated.' (Yeah, almost a full month!) And, 'I've been saying for a long time just let it collapse, which it is,' (No you've been saying for a very long time, like since the day you declared your candidacy, 'I guarantee to repeal and replace Obamacare with something better.' Luckily we with common sense all know your promises are like every other statement you utter - straight up LIES. So we expected nothing.

We love ya Donny! You are the winningest winner of all time when it comes to lying!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(03-25-2017, 02:20 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It would be refreshing if they had spent the past seven years coming up with a replacement plan.

No, that would have caused a rupture in the time space continuum and we would all have been annihilated because that shit was 100% impossible!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.