Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACHA Passed the house
(05-05-2017, 07:08 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: You do realize that it doesn't actually take away the pre-existing clause. It gives states the option to get a waiver for it nothing more. If the states decide to exersice that option then get pissed at your state officials.

Yes, I realize that and I know something like 19 states opted out of the Medicaid expansion under Obamacare. I also realize the states are provided that option as a result of the new bill so I will blame the state for exercising the option, Congress for approving the option, and Trump fkr proposing the option and for not using his veto power.

Let's not act like only the state officials would be to blame.
Let me know when taxpayers have to pay more as a result of this....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
You all know that this is just the next step on the path to Single Payer?

The next administration will "fix" the current administrations health care bill by saying, "Look, the only way...single payer". Everyone will cheer and applaud then congress will pass a new bill opting out for themselves because of reasons.

Then, regular people will get their healthcare from Jim who took Bobs Online Doctoring and those with money will continue to receive the best healthcare in the world...just like now.
Aren't Republicans concerned about killing off their voter base?
ALRIGHT!! I was chugging beers with Paul Ryan last night celebrating. About time those poor sick assholes paid their fair share. Finally a tax break for the rich and a law that makes these sick broke shitheads pay more.

USA USA!!!

Pretty sure this is what Jesus wanted too.
(05-04-2017, 05:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't care who thought up the scheme. I don't care about liberals/conservatives and who put it into play. It's forcing a majority of people to purchase something they didn't want/didn't need/had already at a more affordable price in order to help a minority of people.

So young people don't need health insurance?

Brilliant logic.  

I guess the only people who should by fire insurance for their homes are the people who are going to have their homes burn down, right?  Why waste money on fire insurance if your home is not going to burn down.  
Our country is destined to collapse, if we allow the two dominant parties to continue their practice of extortion on the American public and the politicians under their tent.
I don't care which one, but please support a third party so we might break the pattern of this this thuggish horseshit.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(05-06-2017, 02:05 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Our country is destined to collapse, if we allow the two dominant parties to continue their practice of extortion on the American public and the politicians under their tent.
I don't care which one, but please support a third party so we might break the pattern of this  this thuggish horseshit.

Trump sort of was an outsider.  And he is generally hated by much of the media and the left.  Bernie is an independent, who ran democrat and got railroaded.  
(05-06-2017, 02:18 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Trump sort of was an outsider.  And he is generally hated by much of the media and the left.  Bernie is an independent, who ran democrat and got railroaded.  
Bernie DID get railroaded !

However, Trump's not an outsider.
He's been in bed with politicians, forever.
He just wanted in to get his family involved as a political dynasty.
He seen what the Clintons were doing and he was like "oh yeah! we need some of that action!".

https://mcsally.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/us-rep-mcsally-introduces-bill-eliminate-healthcare-exemption-members

Quote:U.S. REP. MCSALLY INTRODUCES BILL TO ELIMINATE HEALTHCARE EXEMPTION FOR MEMBERS OF CONGRESS

April 27, 2017 

Press Release

WASHINGTON, DC—U.S. Representative Martha McSally (AZ-02) today introduced a measure that would prevent Members of Congress from exempting themselves from the American Health Care Act (AHCA).

“In America, lawmakers are not above the law. Members of Congress should be treated no differently than other Americans struggling to afford healthcare,” said Rep. McSally. “Representatives should have to abide by the very same options for coverage as their constituents, and anything short of that is simply hypocrisy. Congress must live by the rules it creates.”

To comply with procedural requirements, Rep. McSally’s simple, two-page bill would repeal the section exempting members of Congress and congressional staff from these waivers if American Health Care Act becomes law. Rep. McSally has worked closely with Republican leadership who committed that this bill will be voted on in conjunction with the AHCA.

To view the full text of the bill, CLICK here.

Guess they shelved this one....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-06-2017, 03:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://mcsally.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/us-rep-mcsally-introduces-bill-eliminate-healthcare-exemption-members

Guess they shelved this one....

Hold on a minute...

https://mcsally.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/house-unanimously-passes-mcsally-bill-striking-ahca-exemptions-members

Quote:HOUSE UNANIMOUSLY PASSES MCSALLY BILL STRIKING AHCA EXEMPTIONS FOR MEMBERS OF CONGRESS

[Image: better%20floor%20speech.PNG?itok=VXkz2jKx]
May 4, 2017 
Press Release

WASHINGTON, DC—The House of Representatives today unanimously passed U.S. Representative Martha McSally’s legislation to prevent Members of Congress and their staff from being exempt from the State waiver provisions of the American Health Care Act (AHCA) as amended.

“Any law we pass that applies to our constituents must apply equally to Members of Congress as well. Anything short of that is hypocrisy. Congress must abide by the laws it passes and should be treated no differently than other hardworking Americans,” said Rep. McSally. “My measure eliminates double standards by preventing Members of Congress from exempting themselves from American Health Care Act.” 

Due to Senate procedural rules within the Budget Reconciliation process, the MacArthur Amendment to the American Health Care Act would exempt Members of Congress and their staff. Rep. McSally’s legislation, H.R. 2192, is a standalone two-page bill that would repeal this exemption for Members of Congress should the American Health Care Act become law. The measure passed the House by a vote of 429-0.

To read the full bill text CLICK HERE.
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/older-people-are-going-to-be-paying-five-times-more-foxs-chris-wallace-smacks-down-priebus-on-trumpcare/

Quote:‘Older people are going to be paying five times more’: Fox’s Chris Wallace smacks down Priebus on Trumpcare

[Image: fox_fns_priebus_women_160515c-800x430-800x430.jpg]
Chris Wallace, Reince Priebus -- 

Appearing on Fox News Sunday, White House Chief of Staff Reince Preibus fended off host Chris Wallace who continually pointed out that the American Health Care Act (AHCA) passed by the GOP-majority House fell far short of President Donald Trump’s campaign promises that no one would lose their insurance.

According to Priebus, what came through the House is not representative of what the final bill will look like.

“It’s up to the Senate to make improvements if they’re to be made,” Priebus told Wallace. “Everyone is excited and ready to go to work and take the time necessary to look at the bill. No one’s going to be beating down their door.”

Addressing patients with pre-existing conditions, Priebus pointed out that 176 million Americans get employer-based insurance and that they will not be affected. He added that the nine and a half million people with pre-existing conditions who fall through the cracks will keep their insurance — providing that GOP governors don’t ask for a waiver allowing them to deny coverage.

In that case, Priebus asserted, the plan provides “billions” for coverage.

“Eight billion dollars over five years,” a skeptical Wallace shot back.

Wallace then cited Congressional Budget Office estimates showing 24 million people losing their insurance by 2024, which Priebus dismissed, by saying the CBO has been “wrong before.”

“That is not taking care of everybody like the president promised,” Wallace replied. “You’re rolling back Medicaid, older people are going to end up paying five times as much or even more.”

“That’s the old bill,” Priebus parried.

“But that part of it stays,” Wallace replied.

“That’s before the Senate takes the bill and makes it even better,” Priebus promised before complaining that Wallace was “getting into the weeds.”

Watch the video below via Fox News:

They know how bad it is...but they had to pass SOMETHING...now they will let the Senate do the hard work and then the reconciliation will never pass.  In the mean time they defund the working parts of the ACA and tell the world it is "failing".

And the rubes will line up for more snake oil...
Not that this bill will go anywhere, but the CBO score came out. https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52752

I have been pointing out to many people that the majority of the 14 million that would lose their insurance in year one would do so voluntarily with the mandate being lifted. This doesn't excuse some of the other things, but it is an alarming number when you look at it on the face and so many politicians and the DNC/DCCC/etc. are using it for shock value.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-25-2017, 09:11 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not that this bill will go anywhere, but the CBO score came out. https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52752

I have been pointing out to many people that the majority of the 14 million that would lose their insurance in year one would do so voluntarily with the mandate being lifted. This doesn't excuse some of the other things, but it is an alarming number when you look at it on the face and so many politicians and the DNC/DCCC/etc. are using it for shock value.

I guess what I have a problem with is while it appears it WILL bring down the deficit it does so by not helping take care of those who need it most.  Doesn't seem like a "Christian Nation" type of thing to do.

Plus I just don't believe that premiums will come down even if the Insurance companies only sell to the healthiest possible people in the hope of never s a dime on care.
Trump complains Obamacare is a disaster, but Trumpcare is far worse. I understand many of those losing coverage will do so voluntarily, but they do so because they have a shitty job which doesn't offer health insurance and they can't afford health insurance plus rent/utilities/food. They are the working poor who misuse ERs and can't pay their medical bills whose cost gets passed along to others.

Trump promised everyone was going to have better, cheaper health insurance and this plan reduces the number of people covered, reduces the number of services covered, and like Obamacare doesn't do a damn thing to control costs.

Telling us Trumpcare will reduce premiums is at best wishful thinking, but more likely an out right lie. Premiums have been going up for more than a half century and this does nothing to change any of the reasons why health insurance and healthcare keeps getting more expensive.
(05-07-2017, 10:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/older-people-are-going-to-be-paying-five-times-more-foxs-chris-wallace-smacks-down-priebus-on-trumpcare/

They know how bad it is...but they had to pass SOMETHING...now they will let the Senate do the hard work and then the reconciliation will never pass.  In the mean time they defund the working parts of the ACA and tell the world it is "failing".

And the rubes will line up for more snake oil...

Well that sounds familiar.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-25-2017, 10:43 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well that sounds familiar.

Took ya three weeks for that rebuttal?  Smirk
(05-25-2017, 10:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: Took ya three weeks for that rebuttal?  Smirk

More the phrasing took that long.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall