Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Don't know if you heard...
(01-25-2022, 11:15 PM)JoyrideJoe15 Wrote: Are u really making excuses for the offensive line play.  They have given up the most sacks in the league and u wanna deflect by blaming some of it on burrow.  Some of y’all in here make me cry

No, I am saying it needs to improve big time on the OL. Just that it is everyone's excuse on how we can get beat and they still 
cannot beat Burrow. Once Burrow is sacked enough to actually lose we will see if this is plausible. Burrow will get sacked more 
than any other QB the way he plays, while he gets sacked he is learning what the Defense is doing. Wild but true.

The Chiefs have a tall order, better sack Burrow 18 times and maybe they will have a chance lol
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 11:18 PM)JoyrideJoe15 Wrote: Agreed.  It was the right call.  Too many blind homer’s in here.  Didn’t take me long to notice that.

Gotta call it like it is. Nice play by the Defender. Perine should of batted it down if he couldn't catch it.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 11:13 PM)JoyrideJoe15 Wrote: Actually they all mention that burrow was still able to get up and deliver.  But if u think 9 sacks in one game is near ok then u the problem too.  4 sacks in a game is horrible so now what

Titans have a GREAT front four and they took advantage of our shaky OLine.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 11:27 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Titans have a GREAT front four and they took advantage of our shaky OLine.

Yep and it was a damn good test leading up to the AFCC against a team that doesn't have near the front and we have Spain 
back for this one. The OL will play much better than the last time we played the Chiefs I bet. They will be fed up watching the
film from the Titans game.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 11:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep and it was a damn good test leading up to the AFCC against a team that doesn't have near the front and we have Spain 
back for this one. The OL will play much better than the last time we played the Chiefs I bet. They will be fed up watching the
film from the Titans game.

I wonder if they created a "blooper reel" for review?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 11:36 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I wonder if they created a "blooper reel" for review?

Should, was pretty bad besides Prince who also struggled a bit against that Titans front.

Gotta make fun of yourself and improve, I like our mental makeup for it all around with this team even the OL.

Need to step up for Burrow against the Chiefs, they all know it.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 11:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Should, was pretty bad besides Prince who also struggled a bit against that Titans front.

Gotta make fun of yourself and improve, I like our mental makeup for it all around with this team even the OL.

Need to step up for Burrow against the Chiefs, they all know it.

What I haven't seen is Burrow whining or complaining after a sack, drop, or fumble. No calling out. No sarcastic stare. It's kind of unsettling if you think about it if you were playing against him.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 11:43 PM)Interceptor Wrote: What I haven't seen is Burrow whining or complaining after a sack, drop, or fumble. No calling out. No sarcastic stare. It's kind of unsettling if you think about it if you were playing against him.

True, nothing gets to him like Kay Adams said. The only time I have seen Joe Burrow really PO'ed this season was at the End 
of the first half in the Chargers game when they couldn't get the last play off due to bad clock management. Other than that...

Unflappable. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 11:18 PM)JoyrideJoe15 Wrote: Agreed.  It was the right call.  Too many blind homer’s in here.  Didn’t take me long to notice that.

I myself had thought it was a completion. But then the referee analyst surprised me by starting to talk about it being an incompletion because the receiver gained full possession only after the ball was touching the ground. He actually sounded like he expected the call to be overturned and ruled an incompletion. In the end, it was a "play stands as called," not a "play confirmed."
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 12:02 AM)Nepa Wrote: I myself had thought it was a completion. But then the referee analyst surprised me by starting to talk about it being an incompletion because the receiver gained full possession only after the ball was touching the ground. He actually sounded like he expected the call to be overturned and ruled an incompletion. In the end, it was a "play stands as called," not a "play confirmed."

Couldn't overturn it. Called INT and therefore it was.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 11:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, nothing gets to him like Kay Adams said. The only time I have seen Joe Burrow really PO'ed this season was at the End 
of the first half in the Chargers game when they couldn't get the last play off due to bad clock management. Other than that...

Unflappable. 

Oooohhhhhh.... That means he was set to score on that play!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 10:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: ... but the Bengals gave up 9 sacks to the Titans.

I'm watching a lot of sports shows this week cause I've been home due to COVID and holy cow, people can't stop repeating this fact.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Are you okay?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 12:24 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Oooohhhhhh.... That means he was set to score on that play!

Yep, he saw something...
Reply/Quote
In what universe is it a catch when the ball is touching the ground when you get your hands on it?  There is no way that was a legitimate catch.  Had such a call gone in favor of the Bengals I would have chalked that one up as a gift.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 10:37 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: I'd rather he not take the hits, he already blew out his knee once. I'd like to have him healthy for the next decade of AFC Dominance. Every time he goes down grabbing his knee I hold my breath. He did it once on Saturday on a play that they blew dead.

As would we all obviously.  But we’re talking about what did happen, unless your DeLorean is gassed up and ready to go that’s never going to change. 
Joe showed his mettle in the face of adversity. Legend. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 11:03 PM)Benton Wrote: Not exactly. The Titans have different folks.

The chiefs aren't going to be easy, but they play better to our strengths than the Titans. If our defense turns up (again) then we're probably looking at an easier game than the Titans. 

Even the most shown up defense isn't stopping KC.

Up against a machine too strong, offensively.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 01:49 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Even the most shown up defense isn't stopping KC.

Up against a machine too strong, offensively.

No denying that KC can score, but so can we.
When it comes to PPG and PPGA we are both pretty close. Right now, our Defense is playing much better than theirs and i like our chances.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 10:39 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: You mean the wrongly called incomplete pass was Perine’s fault. That hall touched the ground.

Ehhh... it was kind of a shitty throw considering Perine is a wide open RB. Not saying Perine is completely blameless, but I don't think the majority of that was on him. This is objectively bad ball placement for a wide open RB:

[Image: perine.png]
(01-25-2022, 10:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, ball didn't move, couldn't disagree with the call honestly. Great play by the Defender IMO.

I didn't like the call but I begrudgingly accepted the fact that whatever they called on the field was going to stand in that instance. If they had called it incomplete, replay would have made that stand too, no doubt.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
He definitely trapped the ball against the ground and didn't possess it first.
Reply/Quote