Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFC Championship Game: Jaguars @ Patriots Game Day
I watched the game. Unlike most games I agreed with every ref call (and to be honest they missed another PI they could have called on Jax). The hit on Gronk was totally illegal and for some reason the Jaguar secondary got really grabby later in the game.

Really the game turned on the Patriots halftime adjustments. Also on Brady playing error free and McDaniels crafting an excellent offensive game plan that over the course of the game neutralized the Jaguar defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 10:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: I watched the game. Unlike most games I agreed with every ref call (and to be honest they missed another PI they could have called on Jax). The hit on Gronk was totally illegal and for some reason the Jaguar secondary got really grabby later in the game.

Really the game turned on the Patriots halftime adjustments. Also on Brady playing error free and McDaniels crafting an excellent offensive game plan that over the course of the game neutralized the Jaguar defense.

Agree that the calls they made were correct. It's the calls they didn't make that may be the issue. For example I saw a hold on the last play of the game that sealed the win.(even called it here and Jags fans saw it as well) On top of that I have been informed the Pats haven't been called for holding in a PO game since 2006.

Also there's this:
[Image: DUGmpMjWAAA1yR5?format=jpg]

Reply/Quote
I don't see them as an issue either. The reason is simple - you can point to equal numbers of missed calls that helped Jacksonville. Even with the PI the refs caught there were several uncalled ones. Also uncalled holds. It was a typical game where the refs were operating under "let them play" rules.

Both of the big PI calls on Jax were flagrant (it's PI to run the receiver out of bounds before the ball arrives) and on the Gronk hit they actually got off easy - they are supposed to eject the offender on that type of helmet to helmet on defenseless receiver scenario.
Reply/Quote
We all saw that ending coming. Great game by Bortles. They're young, they'll be back.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote