Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFC Championship Game: Patriots @ Chiefs Game Day Thread
Come on Patriots...if Brady can get as many SB rings as the Steelers have in their entire history it will just kill them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The game has been reset. Let's get it right.

Reply/Quote
If the Patriots had a better secondary this would have been a blowout. Basically 21 KC points came off of blown coverages leaving the receiver WIDE open.
Reply/Quote
How the hell did KC tie?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I honestly don't see how any Bengals fan could be rooting against the Patriots seeing as Steeler fans are going to celebrate their arses off if the Chiefs win.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I honestly don't see how any Bengals fan could be rooting against the Patriots seeing as Steeler fans are going to celebrate their arses off if the Chiefs win.

I’ve already grown tired of KC fans and God Mahomes.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Basically the Pats blew a coverage on what should have been an INT.
Reply/Quote
Ugh.

On a side note, really enjoying Romo on commentary.
Reply/Quote
Sexy wins it for the pats

Reply/Quote
Pats win!
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:14 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Sexy wins it for the pats

Dislike the Pats, love Rex tho.

Reply/Quote
Good game overall. Brady won basically without really compelling targets to throw to.

I'm less impressed with Mahomes. He's surrounded with incredible speed and breakaway ability and playing at home and still only barely completed 50% of his passes. It seems like he has a cannon and when he has receivers get wide open he can extend the play and get chunk yardage b ut he is much less effective if the need is quick and precise.
Reply/Quote
In before the conspiracy theories of Brady winning a Superbowl against the "same" team as he got his first and then being able to retire.
Reply/Quote
The Patriots winning makes Steeler fans ill. This is as good as it's gonna get until the Bengals pull their heads outta their arses.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:17 AM)Joelist Wrote: Good game overall. Brady won basically without really compelling targets to throw to.

I'm less impressed with Mahomes. He's surrounded with incredible speed and breakaway ability and playing at home and still only barely completed 50% of his passes. It seems like he has a cannon and when he has receivers get wide open he can extend the play and get chunk yardage b ut he is much less effective if the need is quick and precise.

I don't like him either but dude is legit.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 11:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Come on Patriots...if Brady can get as many SB rings as the Steelers have in their entire history it will just kill them.

Hell yes! I would love to see the Pats win their sixth, because then Shittsburgh would piss all over themselves and would no longer be able to gloat about the "We alone have 6" BS. 

Go Pats Go!
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 02:14 AM)Adamantium Wrote: Hell yes! I would love to see the Pats win their sixth, because then Shittsburgh would piss all over themselves and would no longer be able to gloat about the "We alone have 6" BS. 

Go Pats Go!

I agree and it makes me sad this is what my fandom has been reduced to.  

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:12 AM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Ugh.

On a side note, really enjoying Romo on commentary.

I remember the first game he went on air was a Bengal one and I was definitely impressed with him. He had a feel for the game and he predicted a lot of plays on that first game on the commenting crew.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 02:48 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I remember the first game he went on air was a Bengal one and I was definitely impressed with him. He had a feel for the game and he predicted a lot of plays on that first game on the commenting crew.

I think he's great.  Mixes in plays from his career that are relevant to the situation without bragging on himself.  Sees everything happening on the field. The two Dallas Cowboys are about the best out there.  The only two I don't mute.

Reply/Quote
Oddly, the first pro football game I saw in person was the Patriots when I was 13 and they played in a stadium that had metal benches in it. They played against Miami and beat them and three weeks later, on Christmas eve the Dolphins beat the Chiefs in Kansas City in triple overtime game or something like that. Then, we moved from the Hartford, Connecticut area to the Kansas City area (in Shawnee Mission, Kansas).

So, all of that was going through my head while watching Sunday's AFC championship game. To me it seemed like the questionable calls were just about even between the Chiefs and Patriots and the Chief's defense was worn out by the end. They (the Chiefs) may not be as good next year if the whole league figures out how to pressure Patrick Mahomes and just keeps running crazy on their defense. But Tom Brady? How much time does he have left?
Reply/Quote