Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFC Divisional Round: Titans @ Ravens Game Day Thread
Ugh....too soft in their zones on defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 12:50 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Has everything to do with holding the #1 offense to 6 points through 3 quarters and change.

Right, but it’s not “everything.” Which is what I replied to. Tennessee basically unleashed Henry and the rest is history.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 12:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Almost Dalton status...

Lamar does have the ability to crush some prevent defense in garbage time, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Actually this has (so far) been more about scheme. Henry has been beasting but it is more the Titan defense (until that inept last drive where they tackled like the Bengals) shutting the Rat offense down.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 12:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, but it’s not “everything.” Which is what I replied to. Tennessee basically unleashed Henry and the rest is history.

Actually it was more Tennessee defense. They forced all the runs inside or Lamar to throw who was was off most of the night.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 12:55 AM)Joelist Wrote: Actually this has (so far) been more about scheme. Henry has been beasting but it is more the Titan defense (until that inept last drive where they tackled like the Bengals) shutting the Rat offense down.

Lol ok. Guy is about to rush for 200 yds and Tennessee hasn’t had a 3 and out yet, but yeah let’s not give him too much credit.

Reply/Quote
This is good old fashioned slobberknocker offense!
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 12:55 AM)Synric Wrote: Actually it was more Tennessee defense. They forced all the runs inside or Lamar to throw who was was off most of the night.

Again, Tennessee hasn’t had a 3 and out all game. They have run the ball and controlled the clock.

And Lamar is turning the ball over. Their defense is playing well, but the game ball goes to Henry, and anyone that disagrees is nuts.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 12:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lol ok. Guy is about to rush for 200 yds and Tennessee hasn’t had a 3 and out yet, but yeah let’s not give him too much credit.

He is a beast, but he is getting some good holes to run through. He had a 23 yard run in the 3rd where he didn't get touched for the first 16-17 yards.

Blocking scheme is coaching. 

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 01:01 AM)Joelist Wrote: This is good old fashioned slobberknocker offense!

He’s a blast to watch. I can’t even imagine trying to tackle that guy.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 01:02 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He is a beast, but he is getting some good holes to run through. He had a 23 yard run in the 3rd where he didn't get touched for the first 16-17 yards.

Blocking scheme is coaching. 

Yep! Henry is an elite RB. The Titans have also played good defense generally and have completely outcoached the Rats. These can all be true. 
Reply/Quote
The fact that Henry has done this against 2 of the best defenses in back to back weeks is something. Guy is a special player.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 01:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Again, Tennessee hasn’t had a 3 and out all game. They have run the ball and controlled the clock.

And Lamar is turning the ball over. Their defense is playing well, but the game ball goes to Henry, and anyone that disagrees is nuts.

The Ravens did have a chance to make it a game earlier but the Titans defense has shut them out. I get the run run ru  Derrick Henry argument but it wouldnt be a possibility without the amazing job the defense has done against one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
And again on third down the zone is way too soft.
Reply/Quote
And another display of HORRID tackling...
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 01:12 AM)Joelist Wrote: And another display of HORRID tackling...

He literally does that to everyone lol

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 01:11 AM)Joelist Wrote: And again on third down the zone is way too soft.

True — but Dean Pees knows the Ravens will run out of clock.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 01:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He literally does that to everyone lol

This was plain bad tackling. The guy had him but did not wrap up properly. 
Reply/Quote
Refs acting like they have never seen an OL holding penalty before right now.

Reply/Quote
Nice breakup!
Reply/Quote