Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFC NORTH CHANGING OF THE GUARD
(01-02-2016, 09:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: DUH,, you really need to relax and understand the thread which you don;t... So i will make it simple in one sentence the Bengals have becomes the cream of the crop in the AFC North in the regular season over the last 5 years.. there plain and simple and CORRECT.. 

Mess with the Bull he get the horns there  ThumbsUp

By overall success, they have not.

By performance within the division, they have not.

By standings in the last 3 seasons, they have. 

Basically you're telling me this thread is about how the Begals aren't winning as many division or playoff games as the Steelers and Ravens, but they're winning more non division games?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati Bengals took a long walk off a short pier after Paul Brown died in 1991 and it took over a decade to recover. People don't realize how spoiled Cincinnati was with Paul at the help whether as coach or owner. I was there throughout the 1990s and you know what? That is in the past. It's history, and dwelling on the Bengals' lack of success 20 years ago doesn't mean jack squat in 2016.

Since 2009 I give Mike Brown credit for loosening the reins and giving Marvin Lewis more power over draft selections, free agent pickups, and hiring assistant coaches. The Bengals have been on a historical run of playoff appearances which cannot be ignored. Rest assured the one-and-done streak will be soon be over.
Reply/Quote
Exactly ,this is the new Bengals that are not limited to or by their past.

That page has been turned. Lets let it go.

This team can do alot more than win a platoff game.

We need to get behind them and push.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 02:39 PM)tigerseye Wrote: We need to get behind them and push.

Yes, push like Andrew Whitworth when he gets behind Giovani Bernard and pushes him across the first down marker!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 01:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: By overall success, they have not.

By performance within the division, they have not.

By standings in the last 3 seasons, they have. 

Basically you're telling me this thread is about how the Begals aren't winning as many division or playoff games as the Steelers and Ravens, but they're winning more non division games?

5-0 over Ravens last 5 games, dominance continues
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 08:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 5-0 over Ravens last 5 games, dominance continues

Over the Ravens. You're 2-4 against the Steelers in the last 3 seasons. 

That's not dominance.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 08:11 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Over the Ravens. You're 2-4 against the Steelers in the last 3 seasons. 

That's not dominance.

I don't think I mentioned the Steelers in that post.. you just can;t seem to come to grips with the Bengals have become a force in AFC North, so lets change the thread,, Bengals have put the Ravens towards the bottom of AFC North as the Bengals and Steelers battle for the titles last three years.  Sound better

WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 08:11 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Over the Ravens. You're 2-4 against the Steelers in the last 3 seasons. 

That's not dominance.

OK you are correct, the Steelers get the edge against us the past 3 years. But, we are dominating the Ravens the past 3 years. Also, it is silly trying to dismiss the other 10 games each year especially when the division winner gets the toughest schedule the following year, your Ravens won 5 games against a 3rd place schedule in 2015. It does matter being capable to beat every NFL team and not just the division. It is stupid to say otherwise.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:39 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: OK you are correct, the Steelers get the edge against us the past 3 years. But, we are dominating the Ravens the past 3 years. Also, it is silly trying to dismiss the other 10 games each year especially when the division winner gets the toughest schedule the following year, your Ravens won 5 games against a 3rd place schedule in 2015. It does matter being capable to beat every NFL team and not just the division. It is stupid to say otherwise.

thank you for a strong factual  educated post supports my Thread i started very well.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:39 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: OK you are correct, the Steelers get the edge against us the past 3 years. But, we are dominating the Ravens the past 3 years.

Hence repeating "Steelers own the Bengals, Bengals own the Ravens, Ravens own the Steelers"

Quote: Also, it is silly trying to dismiss the other 10 games each year especially when the division winner gets the toughest schedule the following year, your Ravens won 5 games against a 3rd place schedule in 2015. It does matter being capable to beat every NFL team and not just the division. It is stupid to say otherwise.

I said that in response to being told that play within the playoffs doesn't matter, only appearances. If winning in the playoffs doesn't matter, then any other non division game doesn't matter. Also, the OP only mentioned 1) titles, 2) playoff appearances, and 3) division record, never record outside the division. You can say that it is part of the title (along with division record, of course), but I've been fair with working with the talking points Essex is giving me. 

You'll find that I posted early saying the Bengals have fared the best outside the division,  but have struggled more within the division and in the playoffs than the Ravens and Steelers. 

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:37 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don't think I mentioned the Steelers in that post.. you just can;t seem to come to grips with the Bengals have become a force in AFC North, so lets change the thread,, Bengals have put the Ravens towards the bottom of AFC North as the Bengals and Steelers battle for the titles last three years.  Sound better

WHO DEY

No, I mentioned the Steelers and you responded to it. 

Question: In the 3 years you keep mentioning, which division team has the most playoff wins?

Reply/Quote
I think the changing of the guard is more about the future, rather than the past.

Which team will have a decent starting QB 5 years from now?

Ben will be retired, Flacco may have too.

Maybe they will find good QBs to replace them, but its easier said than done.

Dalton will still be around.

This is the AFCN we are talking about, not the playoffs, so the Bengals are certainly top dog at the moment and into the near future. It's good knowing there is a good chance we snuff one of the Ravens or Steelers out of the playoffs consistently with Dalton. Too bad the rest of the AFC can't follow suit and get the wildcard spots lol
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Hence repeating "Steelers own the Bengals, Bengals own the Ravens, Ravens own the Steelers"

I said that in response to being told that play within the playoffs doesn't matter, only appearances. If winning in the playoffs doesn't matter, then any other non division game doesn't matter. Also, the OP only mentioned 1) titles, 2) playoff appearances, and 3) division record, never record outside the division. You can say that it is part of the title (along with division record, of course), but I've been fair with working with the talking points Essex is giving me. 

You'll find that I posted early saying the Bengals have fared the best outside the division,  but have struggled more within the division and in the playoffs than the Ravens and Steelers. 
So to educate you a bit more.. the division is not just won by division record.. The Bengals though did go 5-1 this year in winning the division but you got to get it done outside division also.. this thread is zero about how you play in the playoffs... the point of the thread for last and final time was that the Bengals have moved to the top of the division and have caused the Steelers and Ravens to take a step back, that is why they are not competing as well in the division and in making the playoffs since the Bengals have the best overall record over the last 5 years by far.  How about you start a thread on how the Ravens are going to be able to compete with the Bengals in the next coming years since they don;t seem to be doing a good job of late... WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 09:02 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So to educate you a bit more.. the division is not just won by division record.. The Bengals though did go 5-1 this year in winning the division but you got to get it done outside division also.. this thread is zero about how you play in the playoffs... the point of the thread for last and final time was that the Bengals have moved to the top of the division and have caused the Steelers and Ravens to take a step back, that is why they are not competing as well in the division and in making the playoffs since the Bengals have the best overall record over the last 5 years by far.  How about you start a thread on how the Ravens are going to be able to compete with the Bengals in the next coming years since they don;t seem to be doing a good job of late... WHO DEY

Yea, you don't know how to read. 

Simple version:

You argued only for playoff appearance not playoff results. I countered that if playoff results are irrelevant then so are non division game results.

I never actually said the only thing that matters is division records, though you cited it as one of the 3 things you looked at in your original post, so I used the actual data to show you how this is not a good argument if we use the time frame you offered. 

If you wish to discuss all factors, you can look at my post a few pages back where I address all factors.

Reply/Quote
If you wish to discuss the thread correctly you should have started out by reading the thread better and the data I have provided and others that have continued to support the accurate thread that I created.

You can have the last incorrect post if you like for me im going to take my facts I have provided and end there..

Also good luck watching at home this weekend.. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Who cares .... Ravens suck.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 02:21 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Who cares .... Ravens suck.  

Who Dey

5-11 and future is in doubt due to paying a QB 28.5 million in 2016 and 32 million in 2016. Add in paying a TE (Pita) big bucks who is going to have to retire (dead money). It is tough to compete using 10 to 15 million every year less of cap space each year especially when this will be year #3 of Ozzie's poor contracts and cap management.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  It is tough to compete using 10 to 15 million every year less of cap space each year especially when this will be year #3 of Ozzie's poor contracts and cap management.

Cool story bro.....it really must be tough to compete with all of the CAP the Bengals have ha each year. Especially when this will be year 25 of no playoff wins. 
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:20 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Cool story bro.....it really must be tough to compete with all of the CAP the Bengals have ha each year. Especially when this will be year 25 of no playoff wins. 

Bengals have a shot at the playoffs, something the Ravens may not have for a long time if Oz keeps giving poor contracts like the Flacco and Pita contract among others

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bengals have a shot at the playoffs,l

Tell us how's that been working out. 
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote