Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFC North Defenses: 2015
(07-08-2015, 11:18 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I would LOVE to watch you try to single cover AJ with Jimmy Smith  ThumbsUp

Me too. It'll be a break from those times they have to double cover Antonio Brown.

Quote:Hill gets better as he gets more carries because, even if you stop him on 10 carries, he wears you down and eventually breaks an 80 yarder.

So the one time that happened ever? The difference between Todd Davis and CJ Mosley is that Mosley doesn't miss his tackle and the result of the play is a 3 yard loss by Hill and not a TD.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
**** the Ravens, and their best defense in the AFCN.

That's all you guys gotta do.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 03:23 PM)Stormborn Wrote: **** the Ravens, and their best defense in the AFCN.

That's all you guys gotta do.

Joe still has to thrown them deep bombs to Steve.

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 04:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Joe still has to thrown them deep bombs to Steve.

Let's see if Steve pushes off this time.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 05:33 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Let's see if Steve pushes off this time.

Ninja

or if Iloka does his best FIFA dive

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 05:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: or if Iloka does his best FIFA dive

Worked better than trying the Adam Jones technique 8 weeks before.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 05:45 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Worked better than trying the Adam Jones technique 8 weeks before.

Steve had watched the video of Pacman punching that woman and decided to try that move out on Pacman.

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 01:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Me too. It'll be a break from those times they have to double cover Antonio Brown.

So the one time that happened ever? The difference between Todd Davis and CJ Mosley is that Mosley doesn't miss his tackle and the result of the play is a 3 yard loss by Hill and not a TD.

We're 6-1 when Hill has 13 carries or more.

When has it ever happened?  Watch this at 37 seconds and watch him just break a 60 yarder in the fourth quarter when the defense was so worn down that they couldn't stop him.  He had a good game before that, too, but he just kept getting stronger as the game went on.

I could find more, but there's the one you asked for.

As far as AJ goes, please, by all means, single cover him and he'll put up HUGE numbers.  No one can single cover him or else he ends up 5 yards or more by the corner.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 10:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We're 6-1 when Hill has 13 carries or more.

When has it ever happened?  Watch this at 37 seconds and watch him just break a 60 yarder in the fourth quarter when the defense was so worn down that they couldn't stop him.  He had a good game before that, too, but he just kept getting stronger as the game went on.

I could find more, but there's the one you asked for.

As far as AJ goes, please, by all means, single cover him and he'll put up HUGE numbers.  No one can single cover him or else he ends up 5 yards or more by the corner.

I'm not an expert, though I am currently teaching Algebra for summer school, but I don't think 60=80

Reply/Quote
I also like the random 13 carry statistic. I'm sure his 40 yards on 13 carries is what beat the Bucs, lol.

You should have said 4-1 when he carries 20 or more times. It's a better statistic.

Reply/Quote
Im also assuming you didn't just point out his many 20+ yard runs because Forsett had more than twice as many as he did despite only carrying 13 more times (there's that 13 carries again).

Forsett was a friggin beast last season. Most 20+ yard runs and best YPC of all RBs.

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 10:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm not an expert, though I am currently teaching Algebra for summer school, but I don't think 60=80
I hope you don't teach any word problems with statistics or distances because it was more like 65, but it was the same principle because big ol' #79 couldn't have caught him with 15 extra yards, and I'm sure someone will say "oh, so a 5 yard touchdown run is the same as an 80 yard run?"  But that's hilarious and not even anywhere near accurate because the defenses would have been different for a 5 yard run, whereas if everything played out the same on an 80 yard run, it would have looked the exact same with the same defense, whereas the entire defense and defenders would have been in a different position if it were from the 5.
(07-08-2015, 11:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I also like the random 13 carry statistic. I'm sure his 40 yards on 13 carries is what beat the Bucs, lol.

You should have said 4-1 when he carries 20 or more times. It's a better statistic.
You still ignore the fact, and try and use humor to cover the fact that you're avoiding it, that you asked for one time, and did so in a manner that made it sound like I couldn't supply even one time.
(07-08-2015, 11:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Im also assuming you didn't just point out his many 20+ yard runs because Forsett had more than twice as many as he did despite only carrying 13 more times (there's that 13 carries again).

Forsett was a friggin beast last season. Most 20+ yard runs and best YPC of all RBs.

Once again, diverge the thread into something that's safer for you because I supplied what you asked for in a manner that acted as if I couldn't do it. 
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 11:18 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hill gets better as he gets more carries because, even if you stop him on 10 carries, he wears you down and eventually breaks an 80 yarder.

(07-08-2015, 01:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So the one time that happened ever? The difference between Todd Davis and CJ Mosley is that Mosley doesn't miss his tackle and the result of the play is a 3 yard loss by Hill and not a TD.

(07-08-2015, 10:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: When has it ever happened?  Watch this at 37 seconds and watch him just break a 60 yarder in the fourth quarter when the defense was so worn down that they couldn't stop him.  He had a good game before that, too, but he just kept getting stronger as the game went on.

(07-08-2015, 10:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm not an expert, though I am currently teaching Algebra for summer school, but I don't think 60=80

(07-08-2015, 11:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I hope you don't teach any word problems with statistics or distances because it was more like 65, but it was the same principle because big ol' #79 couldn't have caught him with 15 extra yards, and I'm sure someone will say "oh, so a 5 yard touchdown run is the same as an 80 yard run?"  But that's hilarious and not even anywhere near accurate because the defenses would have been different for a 5 yard run, whereas if everything played out the same on an 80 yard run, it would have looked the exact same with the same defense, whereas the entire defense and defenders would have been in a different position if it were from the 5

Once again, diverge the thread into something that's safer for you because I supplied what you asked for in a manner that acted as if I couldn't do it. 

Is he serious? He implied that Hill regularly breaks off 80 yarders. So I responded by confirming that he's discussing the ONE TIME he ever has. So his response to me was telling me about a 60 yarder? Then when I remind him that 60 =\= 80, he tells me it was a 65 yarder as if I'm the one who originally said it was 60... And then tries to explain how it's essentially no different from a 80 yarder. That's cool, just next time say 60 yarder and not 80, lol.

Also if you tell me he'll break off an 80 yarder if he rushes more than 10 times, make sure he has more than one 80+ yard run in the 9 games he carried more than 10 times. Hell, he only had 3 60+ yard runs in those 9 games, so even that makes no sense.

Also, Forsett is relevant because I'm showing you that despite Forsett having the most big runs in the league last year, I'm not saying silly things like "he's going to break off an 80 yarder!"

Lol what is wrong with this guy?

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 11:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Is he serious? He implied that Hill regularly breaks off 80 yarders. So I responded by confirming that he's discussing the ONE TIME he ever has. So his response to me was telling me about a 60 yarder? Then when I remind him that 60 =\= 80, he tells me it was a 65 yarder as if I'm the one who originally said it was 60... And then tries to explain how it's essentially no different from a 80 yarder. That's cool, just next time say 60 yarder and not 80, lol.

Also if you tell me he'll break off an 80 yarder if he rushes more than 10 times, make sure he has more than one 80+ yard run in the 9 games he carried more than 10 times. Hell, he only had 3 60+ yard runs in those 9 games, so even that makes no sense.

Also, Forsett is relevant because I'm showing you that despite Forsett having the most big runs in the league last year, I'm not saying silly things like "he's going to break off an 80 yarder!"

Lol what is wrong with this guy?

First off, I may have been exaggerating, but, like I said, when he breaks away from the defense, a 60+ yarder is the same as an 80 yard run........  lol......  how is that hard to understand?!  How does this guy teach high school kids?!  You think, if that 280+ pound lineman had 15 extra yards, he could have caught Hill?

Please explain that to me.

Of all of those big runs, Forsett only had ONE touchdown, right?  That ONE touchdown was only from 20 YARDS, so please explain how that shows his big play ability related to Hill's?

I was pointing out how Hill can break long runs and can't be caught, so Forsett is kind of irrelevant, right?  I guess it's my fault for expecting a high school teacher to understand the relationship, or lack thereof, in breakaway runs compared to runs of 20 yards (and even longer, even though they didn't result in touchdowns).

lol  What is wrong with this guy?
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 11:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Forsett was a friggin beast last season. Most 20+ yard runs and best YPC of all RBs.

Definetly the thing I'm most curious about Baltimore this year. How much Kubiak's departure will effect the ground game.

The personel is still great for that one cut ZBS, question is will Trestman tamper with it.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 12:23 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: First off, I may have been exaggerating, but, like I said, when he breaks away from the defense, a 60+ yarder is the same as an 80 yard run........  lol......  how is that hard to understand?!  How does this guy teach high school kids?!  You think, if that 280+ pound lineman had 15 extra yards, he could have caught Hill?

Please explain that to me.

Then say what you mean. You can't get upset because I respond to exactly what you say. There's a big difference between 60 and 80. Either way, 3 times isn't a lot.

Also, trying to insult my profession when I respond to exactly what you say makes you look like a clown.

Quote:Of all of those big runs, Forsett only had ONE touchdown, right?  That ONE touchdown was only from 20 YARDS, so please explain how that shows his big play ability related to Hill's?

17 > 8. Forsett led the league in big runs. If you want to argue "big touchdown runs" then that's fine. If we're just discussing big runs, he was the best.

Quote:I was pointing out how Hill can break long runs and can't be caught, so Forsett is kind of irrelevant, right?  I guess it's my fault for expecting a high school teacher to understand the relationship, or lack thereof, in breakaway runs compared to runs of 20 yards (and even longer, even though they didn't result in touchdowns).

You were discussing how if he runs the ball 10 times, he will break off an 80 yard run. That happened once when he ran 20+ times. I guess it's your fault for expecting someone to read what you say.

Quote:lol  What is wrong with this guy?

You misspoke and that's fine. Next time say "Ok, I was exaggerating, but the point I was trying to make was that he had 3 really good 60+ yard runs last season, 2 of which were touchdowns. He has great speed and can't be caught once he breaks one off. If they're not careful, he's going to catch them off guard."

You're wondering why people take me more seriously than you and call you immature. This is a great example. Because instead of saying this your response was to act like I am dumb for not realizing that when you wrote "80" you really meant "60". Hopefully you understand this and can make a change. I'm really trying to be nice here but you're making it hard.

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 02:05 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Definetly the thing I'm most curious about Baltimore this year. How much Kubiak's departure will effect the ground game.

The personel is still great for that one cut ZBS, question is will Trestman tamper with it.

It sucks because he is so good at the OC position, but they knew he wouldn't last more than one season before a team takes him as a HC.

It'll be interesting to see how Forsett does. His performance was such a surprise. We also have young guys we need to groom into the next starter, so expect him to share carries with other goes even more than last season.

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 06:36 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Then say what you mean. You can't get upset because I respond to exactly what you say. There's a big difference between 60 and 80. Either way, 3 times isn't a lot.

Also, trying to insult my profession when I respond to exactly what you say makes you look like a clown.

17 > 8. Forsett led the league in big runs. If you want to argue "big touchdown runs" then that's fine. If we're just discussing big runs, he was the best.

You were discussing how if he runs the ball 10 times, he will break off an 80 yard run. That happened once when he ran 20+ times. I guess it's your fault for expecting someone to read what you say.

You misspoke and that's fine. Next time say "Ok, I was exaggerating, but the point I was trying to make was that he had 3 really good 60+ yard runs last season, 2 of which were touchdowns. He has great speed and can't be caught once he breaks one off. If they're not careful, he's going to catch them off guard."

You're wondering why people take me more seriously than you and call you immature. This is a great example. Because instead of saying this your response was to act like I am dumb for not realizing that when you wrote "80" you really meant "60". Hopefully you understand this and can make a change. I'm really trying to be nice here but you're making it hard.

You wonder why people can't take you seriously when I pointed out in the previous post that it was 65, yet you once again post more than once that it was only 60.  

Why's it different and ok when you do it?  Why do people take you seriously and not me when you do the same thing?

And 20+ yard runs are good runs, but I wouldn't call them big runs.

Furthermore, like I said, which you once again ignored, is that 65 or 80 yards, the defense would have been playing it the same way and the run would have gone the same way, with him just running 15 extra yards to score.  The point wasn't about the statistics, it was about the abilities.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 11:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Im also assuming you didn't just point out his many 20+ yard runs because Forsett had more than twice as many as he did despite only carrying 13 more times (there's that 13 carries again).

That was an aberration. Don't expect it again.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 12:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You wonder why people can't take you seriously when I pointed out in the previous post that it was 65, yet you once again post more than once that it was only 60.  

Why's it different and ok when you do it?  Why do people take you seriously and not me when you do the same thing?

You said 60 first and repeated it in the post I was quoting. I was quoting you saying 60. That's why. In fact, in that last post I quoted, YOU didn't even say 65...

If you don't believe me that you said 60 first and again in that last post, just look at the posts I quoted.

Reply/Quote