Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFC North Predictions Week 9
Week 9, and for the first time this season I am fully confident that neither the Browns nor the Bengals will lose.

Neither will the pride of the AFCN, which will humiliate "America's Team" 33-6 to remain undefeated.
Earlier this week I worried this could be a trap game, but I now think Dallas is just too weak offensively, and facing one of the league's top defenses.

"They can't beat you if they can't score," as the division's most colorful coach once put it.

So three AFCN teams will make it through the week 9 undefeated. What about the remaining one?

Big question mark here. Seven Ravens defenders held out of practice this week, thanks to close contact with Humphreys. They are on he road. The Colts have an above average quarterback and a near Steeler-level defense. More pressure for LJ, who's not done well under real pressure.

Oddsmakers favor (barely) the Colts, but I think Ngakoue will have more impact this week. We'll see some sacks as the angry and shamed Birds pull this one out to regain pride and momentum 21-17. Quarterback sneaks will work this time, too.

AFCN goes 2-0 this week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pig Ben has one of his customary 3 interception games and the Steelers play down to the competition. Dallas stops the bleeding and Steelers weren't going undefeated anyway.

Cowboys 23
Steelers 20

LJ's funk continues as Ravens O never really gets going.

Colts 30
Ravens 19
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 10:07 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Pig Ben has one of his customary 3 interception games and the Steelers play down to the competition. Dallas stops the bleeding and Steelers weren't going undefeated anyway.

Cowboys 23
Steelers 20

Colts 30
Ravens 19

HEY  This is not the "Gee I wish thread."

It's the predictions thread. 

Sour grapes don't even count as smack.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 04:29 PM)Dill Wrote: HEY  This is not the "Gee I wish thread."

It's the predictions thread. 

Sour grapes don't even count as smack.

Oh I didn't even notice it was in Smack I thought it was AFCN.
Reply/Quote
Good win for the Ravens. First time I saw the team from Indy and their defense is really fast. Rivers is washed up; serious noodle arm. Totally expecting Dallas to get my hopes up now that the Steelers are starting slow. No way Pittsburgh actually loses this game right?

Lamar ties Marino for best all time, 25-5 in his first 30 games. Ravens now hold the NFL record for most consecutive games with at least 20 points. Good day in Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 07:03 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Good win for the Ravens. First time I saw the team from Indy and their defense is really fast. Rivers is washed up; serious noodle arm. Totally expecting Dallas to get my hopes up now that the Steelers are starting slow. No way Pittsburgh actually loses this game right?

Lamar ties Marino for best all time, 25-5 in his first 30 games. Ravens now hold the NFL record for most consecutive games with at least 20 points. Good day in Baltimore.

Except that the dumbass was completing everything that came out of his hand against the Bengals.  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 07:03 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Good win for the Ravens. First time I saw the team from Indy and their defense is really fast. Rivers is washed up; serious noodle arm. Totally expecting Dallas to get my hopes up now that the Steelers are starting slow. No way Pittsburgh actually loses this game right?

Told ya! 

Ravens are ANGRY after a Steeler loss. 

They'll calm down by Thanksgiving, though.

And yes, Pittsburgh can lose it. This may be the yearly Trap game.

Dallas just scored another field goal, 16-9 Cowboys now, so much depends on the Steeler's next drive.

I have to say, Gilbert is looking better than Prescott or Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 08:10 PM)Dill Wrote: Told ya! 

Ravens are ANGRY after a Steeler loss. 

They'll calm down by Thanksgiving, though.

And yes, Pittsburgh can lose it.  This may be the yearly Trap game.

Dallas just scored another field goal, 16-9 Cowboys now, so much depends on the Steeler's next drive.

I have to say, Gilbert is looking better than Prescott or Dalton.

If the Steelers don't come back, that will be par for the course for the Bengals. Get a steelers team that's flat and playing bad, lose the week before they play them. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 07:03 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Good win for the Ravens. First time I saw the team from Indy and their defense is really fast. Rivers is washed up; serious noodle arm. Totally expecting Dallas to get my hopes up now that the Steelers are starting slow. No way Pittsburgh actually loses this game right?

His deep balls had Andy Dalton laughing.

And I heard Dean Blandino day the ball couldn’t cross the goal line outside the pylonbut now that I think about it I think that was KC-Car
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 08:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If the Steelers don't come back, that will be par for the course for the Bengals. Get a steelers team that's flat and playing bad, lose the week before they play them. 

You lucked out. If the Steelers had lost that game . . . well, I don't want to think about how they would take it out on the Bengals.

Now they are still waiting for that trap game--though that hasn't been the Bengals for decades. Not since the double trap of '98. 

I'm thinking maybe Jags or Washington will do it. 

Tomlin keeps the "never-had-a-losing-season" tag for another year
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 11:52 PM)Dill Wrote: Tomlin keeps the "never-had-a-losing-season" tag for another week.

That ***** pisses me off so much. Rant

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 10:07 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Pig Ben has one of his customary 3 interception games and the Steelers play down to the competition. Dallas stops the bleeding and Steelers weren't going undefeated anyway.

Cowboys 23
Steelers 20

Colts 30
Ravens 19
Your ability to predict the eventual outcomes is impressive.
Reply/Quote
The 2020 Steelers will match what the 1972 Dolphins did - undefeated with a Super Bowl win. You can bet the farm on it! You heard it here first!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 06:59 PM)Interceptor Wrote: The 2020 Steelers will match what the 1972 Dolphins did - undefeated with a Super Bowl win. You can bet the farm on it! You heard it here first!

Those slapnuggets aren't winning the SB this year. Mark it down.

Reply/Quote