Raiders
@ Green Bay
@ pitt
Bengals

steelers 7-6-1

@KC
Browns
@ Ravens

The Bengals have a tough road, with no teams below .500, but really that is the same situation for all the AFC North teams. I think the Browns will have a very tough road, as having the raider game moved to tonight might help this today, but they have a VERY short week traveling to Green Bay (game is next Sat) then pitt after on the road. If the Browns lose tonight, I think they are done. They will most certainly lose to Green bay five days later and be 7-8. There aren't many chances they get in with a max of 9 wins.

The Ravens will have to do everything to hold serve next week in Cincy, with a tough Rams team looming. They also finish against pitt, who always seems to play them tough. They are the most injured team, and even though Huntly played fantastic yesterday, I don't see that continuing.

The steelers will also have a max of 9 wins as I don't see them winning in KC. That being said, they will beat a 9-8 Cleveland team as they will have that tie instead of a loss.

It is going to be a very heated finish and I really like the Bengal's chances. I believe they have only lost one game when they had more than 1 turnover. They played a clean, albeit very conservative game against Denver. Getting Chido back will be huge, and the offense should be able to attack a lot of backups on Baltimore's secondary.

Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Has to be a must win for the browns today. It’s tough after the Raiders
Reply/Quote
The squeelers and we have the same opponents closing the season. It'll get interesting. I hope they keep our team in quarantine from the general public. I have a feeling the squeelers org will be sending people covid to get out team sick and disadvantage for game day. Never trust the dirty squeelers. Never forget Tomlin was willing to trip a player to prevent a TD.
Reply/Quote
I posted last week Huntley is playing better than Lamar right now. I really hope Lamar is back for our game, as he is still not 100%. Huntley is near as fast and has a better arm IMO. I don't see this kid sitting on the bench very long. He's going to be a starter for someone very soon.
Reply/Quote
The only games that matter are against Baltimore and Cleveland. Win those and we clinch the division due to the divisional record tiebreaker.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I posted last week Huntley is playing better than Lamar right now. I really hope Lamar is back for our game, as he is still not 100%. Huntley is near as fast and has a better arm IMO. I don't see this kid sitting on the bench very long. He's going to be a starter for someone very soon.

You nailed it. Huntley has the ability to quickly make a read and then accurately complete the pass. I'd also rather face Lamar.
Reply/Quote
If we take care of the Ravens and Browns, which we better considering the number of injuries each of them are dealing with, we automatically lock up the division.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I posted last week Huntley is playing better than Lamar right now. I really hope Lamar is back for our game, as he is still not 100%. Huntley is near as fast and has a better arm IMO. I don't see this kid sitting on the bench very long. He's going to be a starter for someone very soon.

No, not really. I have had to explain this to a couple people the last week or so. Sometimes when you have a guy coming off the bench who has little to no tape it is very hard for teams to scheme for because they do not know a lot about them yet. Every team in the league has a file on each starting QB. In that file they talk about tendencies, tells, and weaknesses. You will often hear analysts talk about the sophomore QB slump, the reason that is a thing is teams get an offseason to break down the rookie QB's and really decide how they plan to attack them going forward.

Is he a really good back up in that system? Yep. Is he a future starter teams are drooling over? No, not at this point. Heck, on the final 2 point conversion on the "sprint right" he pre determined the throw from jump and missed a wide open Hollywood Brown running free across the back of the endzone. It was an admirable performance for sure, but I think people are really understating Mark Andrews role in that game yesterday. The Packers had no answer for him as he accounted for 136 of Huntley's 212 yards.

Give me Huntley next week, all day.
Reply/Quote
Browns game probably worries me the most. Baker plays well against us.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:22 AM)tBengal Wrote: Browns game probably worries me the most. Baker plays well against us.

I agree with this. I actually think we have a decent shot at beating the Cheifs. But the Browns game worries me. It's just a terrible matchup for us. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Unfortunately for him, he's an exclusive rights free agent this coming off season, so he must accept a league minimum deal from Baltimore if they choose to offer it (which they will). 

I'm not sure if 2020 counted as an accrued season for him either, because he spent the majority of it on the practice squad so there's a chance he'd be an ERFA in 2023 as well. We'll have to wait and see how that's ruled.

Maybe a team will give up a draft pick for him, but that'd be risky since he is such a scheme specific QB. He could easily become the next big "backup turned starter turned bust" like Matt Flynn or Nick Foles.
Reply/Quote
^^^Same on the Browns

Also have a bad feeling on the Rat Turds all of a sudden bc they are coming off a heart-breaking loss and Harbaugh is too good of a coach to not get his team ready to battle this time w all that is on the line.

The Bengals O waking up and starting to play well in the 3rd Q or 4th Q isn’t going to cut it against them, or the Chiefs and Browns.

These impotent starts will lose these games against all 3.
Reply/Quote
Taylor has said he built this team to play this division, and so far this year his record is 3-1 against division opponents.
Reply/Quote
Tough schedule for all teams.

Steelers and Bengals have the same opponents, and the Bengals are a half game ahead of the Steelers. That helps if they end up with the same win-loss record out of the remaining 3 games.

Browns have arguably the hardest schedule, as they have GB, who beat every AFC North team so far.
GB has their division locked up, but they are pushing to keep that top overall seed, so they likely will still be trying to win next week.

Ravens get the "easiest" schedule by having the Rams left, but Rams are no joke.

Should be quite an interesting remaining few weeks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Taylor has said he built this team to play this division, and so far this year his record is 3-1 against division opponents.

That one bugs me more than it should.
Reply/Quote
it truely is a wide open race this late in the season... If the browns win today.... 3 @ 8-6 and the steelers 7-6-1... No team has an easy finish either

Sad part is the rest of the AFC is pretty much right there too.... So right now its win the division or maybe get nothing at all

Ravens just lost by 1 to GB with a backup QB..... Anything is possible.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:47 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: The only games that matter are against Baltimore and Cleveland. Win those and we clinch the division due to the divisional record tiebreaker.

Yep. We could lose to kc by a hundred and still be 10-7 afc north Champs.  And once you're in the playoffs, who knows?
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Mullens is still starting for the Browns today. That's the good news. A Browns loss this week and vs the Packers next week will put them in a deep hole.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 01:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: it truely is a wide open race this late in the season... If the browns win today.... 3 @ 8-6 and the steelers 7-6-1...    No team has an easy finish either

Sad part is  the rest of the AFC is pretty much right there too....   So right now its win the division or maybe get nothing at all

Ravens just lost by 1 to GB with a backup QB.....  Anything is possible.

With the way the league is mostly all knotted up, this is the closest I have seen the league get when it comes to the team parity they say they strive for. 
Reply/Quote
This is crazy tight in the AFC North.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote