Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFC North Week 8 Predictions
Only one AFCN team wins this week

Bengals 20  34 Titans:  Titans will reset after last Sunday's loss to the # 1 ranked team in the league.

Browns 24  31 Raiders:   Humbled in week 6 by the last remaining undefeated team in the NFL, the Browns bounced back with a statement game, winning the AFCN basement bowl in a shoot out. Mayfield is back! But OBJ is gone and Carr> Mayfield.

Ravens  25  27 AFCN Leader
: Finally a division game to light up the smack board! Best rivalry in the NFL is back; Ravens have home field advantage, a brand new top-tier pass rusher, and are rested from a bye week. They are making their run on the SB this season. But they are up against a 6-0 team, currently the NFL sack leader. Biggest game of the week, but too much for the B-birds.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
LOL Bengals spoiling my prediction, up 17-7 in the 4th.

No grudges. Pound those Titan pretenders! Cincy deserves a win.

Pittsburgh in the lead again. Tough close game.
Reply/Quote
Congratulations Bengals!  ThumbsUp  4th ranked AFCN team stomps AFCS division leader.

Lol  Browns  Hilarious

Good game Baltimore. Physical game. Steelers lost two starters to injury, Ravens lost two to injury, plus one disqualified. Still they ran all over the League's best defense in the first half. They are certainly one of the NFL's top teams.

Biggest congratulations to the Steelers though, as Ben engineers his umpteenth 4th quarter comeback and the top-ranked Steeler defense holds off a B'more final rally.  The lead changed 5 times, but in the end, it's the Steelers with most grit and heart.

So the pride of the division is    7-0.

(Next up, the Cowboys. Trap game or are we looking at 8-0?)
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 09:03 AM)Dill Wrote: Only one AFCN team wins this week

Bengals 20  34 Titans:  Titans will reset after last Sunday's loss to the # 1 ranked team in the league.

Browns 24  31 Raiders:   Humbled in week 6 by the last remaining undefeated team in the NFL, the Browns bounced back with a statement game, winning the AFCN basement bowl in a shoot out. Mayfield is back! But OBJ is gone and Carr> Mayfield.

Ravens  25  27 AFCN Leader
: Finally a division game to light up the smack board! Best rivalry in the NFL is back; Ravens have home field advantage, a brand new top-tier pass rusher, and are rested from a bye week. They are making their run on the SB this season. But they are up against a 6-0 team, currently the NFL sack leader. Biggest game of the week, but too much for the B-birds.

Nice prediction on our game.  If we can just get the offense firing on all cylinders this team is going to be scary.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 06:35 PM)Dill Wrote: Congratulations Bengals!  ThumbsUp  4th ranked AFCN team stomps AFCS division leader.

Lol  Browns  Hilarious

Good game Baltimore. Physical game. Steelers loss two starters to injury, Ravens lost two to injury, plus one disqualified. Still they ran all over the League's best defense in the first half. They are certainly one of the NFL's top teams.

Biggest congratulations to the Steelers though, as Ben engineers his umpteenth 4th quarter comeback and the top-ranked Steeler defense holds off a B'more final rally.  The lead changed 5 times, but in the end, it's the Steelers with most grit and heart.

(Next up, the Cowboys.   Trap game or are we looking at 8-0?)

The Browns are the biggest pretender in the NFL. Only reason they've got 5 wins is they've played our weak ass D twice. Mayfield just doesn't have it.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 07:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Nice prediction on our game.  If we can just get the offense firing on all cylinders this team is going to be scary.

Yeah, I am concerned about something, though--they gave up 265 yards on the ground.

Can't just be that Alualu was out.  

Still I'm very happy. This was the reverse of last week, saving the best for the second half.

And it was an away game against a well-rested team.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 07:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Browns are the biggest pretender in the NFL. Only reason they've got 5 wins is they've played our weak ass D twice. Mayfield just doesn't have it.

Bengals look like they're getting focused. 

If Burrow stays healthy, you guys will climb out of the basement.  

Doesn't seem like the Browns are getting better. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:38 PM)Dill Wrote: Bengals look like they're getting focused. 

If Burrow stays healthy, you guys will climb out of the basement.  

Doesn't seem like the Browns are getting better. 

It was really funny to watch the media talk about "is Baker back...are the Browns for real..." blahblahblah, after playing the Bengals. 

The answer should have been more obvious to them. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It was really funny to watch the media talk about "is Baker back...are the Browns for real..." blahblahblah, after playing the Bengals. 

The answer should have been more obvious to them. 

Well, I was paying to much attention to the media. I really thought the Browns would challenge this year. 

Now I think the Bengals should have won their last game against them. 

It will be interesting to see how the Titans do against the Ravens and Browns.  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:32 PM)Dill Wrote: Yeah, I am concerned about something, though--they gave up 245 yards on the ground.

Can't just be that Alualu was out.  

Still I'm very happy. This was the reverse of last week, saving the best for the second half.

And it was an away game against a well-rested team.

That and the offense couldn't sustain shit in the first half. Couldn't string together more than 2 first downs. Defense was gassed too. 

It was good to see the offense adjust in the second half though. The up tempo, pass heavy, stacked sets really got them going and as a result the D played better in the second half. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 02:06 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: That and the offense couldn't sustain shit in the first half. Couldn't string together more than 2 first downs. Defense was gassed too. 

It was good to see the offense adjust in the second half though. The up tempo, pass heavy, stacked sets really got them going and as a result the D played better in the second half. 

My D always plays better when it's up, heavy and stacked too.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 05:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: My D always plays better when it's up, heavy and stacked too.  Cool

How you played that into sexual innuendo is beyond me.

You need laid. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 05:22 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: How you played that into sexual innuendo is beyond me.

You need laid. 

Great minds think alike. I think that says more about you than it does me.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 07:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Nice prediction on our game.  If we can just get the offense firing on all cylinders this team is going to be scary.

Already kinda scary from where I’m standing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 06:35 PM)Dill Wrote: Congratulations Bengals!  ThumbsUp  4th ranked AFCN team stomps AFCS division leader.

Lol  Browns  Hilarious

Good game Baltimore. Physical game. Steelers lost two starters to injury, Ravens lost two to injury, plus one disqualified. Still they ran all over the League's best defense in the first half. They are certainly one of the NFL's top teams.

(Next up, the Cowboys.   Trap game or are we looking at 8-0?) 
Good game and congrats. I was lucky to be at the game yesterday. I have a medical condition and never thought I'd be able to go to another game so yesterday was a huge blessing for me despite the loss (and the obnoxious guy sitting behind me dressed like a bumble bee who's from here but roots for the Steelers because his dad is an Eagles fan. Yea he's one of those guys, shocker I know)

It was a frustrating loss and an important one in a 16 game season. I was very disappointed but after 24 hours I feel more optimistic. Losing Stanley for the year hurts our chances long term and that's what has me most concerned. But we finally used Dobbins and unleashed our read option more and it hurt Pittsburgh on the ground. That part of the game surprised me because the Steelers are so good up front. 

I'm a big fan of Lamar's game but he played poorly. No need to sugarcoat it. Fans around here are very sensitive about Lamar like most fanbases are about their QB. A lot of them want to blame Roman but Lamar has to play better and is better than what he showed. If he doesn't have 4 TOs including a pick 6 and a red zone fumble, the Ravens probably win that game and I don't think that's a homer statement or an anti Lamar statement.

The narrative on him is a little unfair, he has played very well in some big games and makes big time throws. But yesterday was not one of those times and it's up to him to quiet the big game talk. So I can't argue with anyone about that, I'll just bet on Lamar in the end. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 06:56 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Good game and congrats. I was lucky to be at the game yesterday. I have a medical condition and never thought I'd be able to go to another game so yesterday was a huge blessing for me despite the loss (and the obnoxious guy sitting behind me dressed like a bumble bee who's from here but roots for the Steelers because his dad is an Eagles fan. Yea he's one of those guys, shocker I know)

It was a frustrating loss and an important one in a 16 game season. I was very disappointed but after 24 hours I feel more optimistic. Losing Stanley for the year hurts our chances long term and that's what has me most concerned. But we finally used Dobbins and unleashed our read option more and it hurt Pittsburgh on the ground. That part of the game surprised me because the Steelers are so good up front. 

I'm a big fan of Lamar's game but he played poorly. No need to sugarcoat it. Fans around here are very sensitive about Lamar like most fanbases are about their QB. A lot of them want to blame Roman but Lamar has to play better and is better than what he showed. If he doesn't have 4 TOs including a pick 6 and a red zone fumble, the Ravens probably win that game and I don't think that's a homer statement or an anti Lamar statement.

The narrative on him is a little unfair, he has played very well in some big games and makes big time throws. But yesterday was not one of those times and it's up to him to quiet the big game talk. So I can't argue with anyone about that, I'll just bet on Lamar in the end. 

Yeah, an odd game. Both teams played poorly. Steelers D-line was dominated.

Yet the D made "splash" plays at the right moment.

Seems like these two always damage each other.

Hope both sides can remain healthy for the T-giving game.
Reply/Quote
9-0 Baby - Deal with it, Bungledome!
Reply/Quote