Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AFC Offensive Player of the Week week 9
5 touchdowns is a magic number. congratulations Joe Mixon

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
His third one, the first two coming in 2020 and 2021. He, James Brooks and Corey Dillon are the only Bengals running backs to have been given the award.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Big congrats to Joe. He picked a very good time to have such a big game. Hope he and the like can keep it up!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And add Fed Ex Ground Player of the week to his awards too

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals Offense can sustain this running attack for the rest of the season,then we may begin going back to the Super Bowl again this year.Go Bengals!
Reply/Quote
Congrats Joe on both, well deserved. Now keep it going
Reply/Quote

Congrats to Joe. Hopefully we keep it up and whatever the scheme we used in this game we need to keep it up. Mixon looked but the blocking also looked good with players pulling and getting down field.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 02:06 PM)pally Wrote: 5 touchdowns is a magic number.  congratulations Joe Mixon

He was awesome. I know he had much better blocking, but did anyone else think he looked faster?

He was a beast last week, let's hope the entire team comes out the bye ready to repay the Steelers for our opening day loss at home.

The Steelers seem to never die and my guess is they beat the Saints this week.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 07:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He was awesome. I know he had much better blocking, but did anyone else think he looked faster?

He was a beast last week, let's hope the entire team comes out the bye ready to repay the Steelers for our opening day loss at home.

He was definitely hitting holes faster.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 04:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: Big congrats to Joe. He picked a very good time to have such a big game. Hope he and the like can keep it up!

Heck yes he did, when the Bengals were in desperate need of it and had to get the win. 

Well deserved Mr Mixon 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 05:47 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: If the Bengals Offense can sustain this running attack for the rest of the season,then we may begin going back to the Super Bowl again this year.Go Bengals!

They don't need to even be as good as this past Sunday to get back to the super bowl. They just need to sustain a consistent running game that's far better than what they have put out there for most of the year.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 02:06 PM)pally Wrote: 5 touchdowns is a magic number.  congratulations Joe Mixon

I would say He EARNED it
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 06:59 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:
Congrats to Joe. Hopefully we keep it up and whatever the scheme we used in this game we need to keep it up. Mixon looked but the blocking also looked good with players pulling and getting down field.

Yes sir, the Gap scheme clearly is better for everyone, the Offensive Line, the Offense in general and the Running Backs.

The pull and pin with the entire OL including Jonah who I was hating on was fantastic against a good Panthers Defense.

(11-09-2022, 07:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He was awesome. I know he had much better blocking, but did anyone else think he looked faster?

He ran like I haven't seen him run before, the coaches and players got on his ass for sure.

Joe Mixon was completely focused on the sideline after every TD. If we see this guy the rest of the year and next a SB run
just might be on the horizon again and this time a win might come out of it. First, kick the steelers ass please.
Reply/Quote