Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rookie of the Week
Chase is in the running. (Evidently this place lets you vote muliple times.)

https://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 08:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Chase is in the running. (Evidently this place lets you vote muliple times.)

Hmmm, no mention of Lawrence's 3 INTs ... cherry pick much????

I voted for Chase b/c I'm a homer, but I'd say that Elijah Mitchell actually deserves the award -- 104 yds and a TD on 19 carries (5.5 yd avg) for a 6th round rookie who comes in relief after Mostert is injured?  Great week for that kid. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 09:56 AM)shanebo Wrote: Hmmm, no mention of Lawrence's 3 INTs ... cherry pick much????

I voted for Chase b/c I'm a homer, but I'd say that Elijah Mitchell actually deserves the award -- 104 yds and a TD on 19 carries (5.5 yd avg) for a 6th round rookie who comes in relief after Mostert is injured?  Great week for that kid. 

Which kid had more pressure on them? I’d have to go Chase. All eyes were on this kids hands which were flawless come game time. You know haters and pundits were eagerly awaiting a drop or misstep… didn’t happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 08:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Chase is in the running. (Evidently this place lets you vote muliple times.)

sure they let you vote as maybe times as you want to reload their ads for them so they count as a hit lol
Reply/Quote
With 6 candidates, Chase currently has an overwhelming 48% of the vote. Pretty good start, but keep voting!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 09:56 AM)shanebo Wrote: Hmmm, no mention of Lawrence's 3 INTs ... cherry pick much????

Same.

Not hating on Chase and I can't vote for Lawrence with the 3 picks but for a 6th rounder who probably expected to play teams and maybe get a handful of touches to then come into the game and be the lead back and go off like he did is super impressive.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 10:00 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: sure they let you vote as maybe times as you want to reload their ads for them so they count as a hit lol

What a terrible way to pick an award winner though. Can have people sit there for hours just voting over and over for their guy. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I admit, I was tempted to pick Mac Jones because having 74% completion percentage in his first start as a rookie is pretty impressive even if his QBR was a pedestrian 75. But, homerism won out and I picked Chase.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 12:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I admit, I was tempted to pick Mac Jones because having 74% completion percentage in his first start as a rookie is pretty impressive even if his QBR was a pedestrian 75. But, homerism won out and I picked Chase.

A 75 QBR is not pedestrian. His Quarterback rating was 102.6, good for 13th in the nfl this week. His 75 QBR (the ESPN stat) makes him the 8th best for the week.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 12:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: A 75 QBR is not pedestrian. His Quarterback rating was 102.6, good for 13th in the nfl this week. His 75 QBR (the ESPN stat) makes him the 8th best for the week.

I thought the 75 was his QB rating. I didn't think I was on ESPN when I read that. If I knew his actual QB rating was 102.6, I would've definitely voted for him.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 12:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I thought the 75 was his QB rating. I didn't think I was on ESPN when I read that. If I knew his actual QB rating was 102.6, I would've definitely voted for him.

Too late!!!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 12:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Too late!!!!

I know. It's too bad you can only vote once on there ... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 12:18 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What a terrible way to pick an award winner though. Can have people sit there for hours just voting over and over for their guy. 

which is why any award by internet voting is pretty meaningless unfortantely
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 12:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: which is why any award by internet voting is pretty meaningless unfortantely

What're you talking about? The internet awarded me the title of greatest human being named Phil to have ever lived. Are you calling the internet a liar? Are you saying I don't deserve the award?! 

How dare you! :angry:
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 12:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I thought the 75 was his QB rating. I didn't think I was on ESPN when I read that. If I knew his actual QB rating was 102.6, I would've definitely voted for him.

I'm not sure about rookie QB stats or RB stats in their first game. But only 19 WR since 1970 had gone over 100 yards in their first game. Chase makes the 20th
Reply/Quote