Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There Is Room For Another Football League
I was a Fan of the AFL when Bengals in it. Many liked the USFL and Tampa liked the Bandits more than the Buccaneers. ....There are many cities with no NFL that would be great, some of these cities that have lost NFL teams such as St Louis, San Diego and very soon Oakland. New York teams play in New Jersey, so a team in Brooklyn or the Bronx or Queens of New York might just find nice support. LA is no good now, but take over San Diego and Oakland. There are major areas in the USA without NFL that they could put a team in. Start with 10 teams at first. 10 cities. Possible Chicago area could handle another team as big as it is. ..St Louis, San Diego, Oakland, New York, Chicago and bring Pro Football to 5 other USA areas that the NFL has ignored and do not rule out a team in London. The NFL has built a market in England that a new League could steal by giving them their own team to root for. NFL in Mexico City could be another market to steal. There are many states that have no NFL, Alabama, Mississippi, Kansas, Oklahoma, Oregon, Iowa, untapped markets. .....There are players. People would have paid to see Doug Flutie or Tim Tebow or now Kaepernick. AJ McCarron and many others too good to be on a bench. You could easily get 10 good starting quarterbacks for this new league with solid back-ups. There are many good running backs not getting any playing time. Also receivers. There is easily room for a new 10 team League. The markets with no NFL are there, The players are there to fill the teams, The Fans are there to spend money, and there are more than enough TV networks and commercial advertisers for a new football league. ...I suggest they don't be afraid to play in the Fall on Sunday in markets the NFL isn't in. Go after NFL Free Agents and have their own College draft the way AFL got college players to join AFL instead. Give it a good name, maybe drop the L, we know it's a league. Maybe THE WF, World Football. ..or FF, Freedom Football....or UF, United Football, I like that one, as in United We Stand. ..With teams in London, New York City, St Louis, Chicago, San Diego, Oakland, Mexico City, and 2 other teams in either Portland Oregon, Oklahoma City, or in Kansas, Iowa, Mississippi or Alabama and right there it shows room to advance into a 12 team league once it gets going, but start at 10. They can easily get 10 starting quarterbacks to pay to see in the first year because the NFL only has 32 starting jobs and their are easily 10 more quarterbacks people would pay to see start in a new league. The markets, the players, the Tv and the money is there. Plus it's time somebody went up against the NFL again. With The NFL due to have a major strike and lock out, the United Football could end up being the only football on TV for a while. .....The NFL has created these markets like St Louis, San Diego, Oakland, London, Mexico City and a new league of rich owners should sweep in and put teams there. Again, New Jersey has 2 teams, not one team in New York proper. Stick a team right in New York in Brooklyn or Bronx right up NFL Headquarters rear end in NY. ...I would watch it. There are too many good players riding the bench in NFL. Too many good college players not getting a chance. Too many NFL cities losing teams.....If Cincinnati ever lost it's NFL Bengals, well, maybe Cincy could get a team in a league with St Louis, San Diego and Oakland. ...32 Pro teams are not enough, it's time for a new league and 10 more teams. When the NFL pulls out of a St Louis, San Diego, Oakland or other NFL cities in future the new league would be there to swoop in and take that already developed football market of fans money. Corpus Christi Texas and San Antonio Texas want teams. Orlando Florida wants a team. The NFL is just not big enough to fill the demand of markets wanting teams and the NFL has too many good players riding the benches or players like Kaeperick not on any team at all. ....THE NFL should not be the only game in town. It's time for a new league......If London and Mexico City added to these USA cities, maybe Canadian Football might want to merge and now you've got Canada cities also. It could be huge with some big money owners to stand up to NFL. One of richest men in world is in Mexico City. Probably rich owner types in England to want London. There are many rich people that want a team, so starting with 10 major market teams could happen very fast. ....Again on the quarterbacks, look at Carson Palmer and Bridgewater and Romo getting injured and quarterbacks coming in and showing they should be NFL starters. A new league could have 10 very good starters the first year, and some playing better than any in NFL.

If the NFL ever pulled out of Cincinnati, this league could swoop in on the Ohio, Kentucky market of Cincinnati, and Cincy Fans may find that just as in AFL days, this is pretty good football playing St Louis, San Diego, Oakland, London and other major markets. It would mean PB Stadium has been left sitting empty as so many cities the NFL has left. New league moves into PB and quickly changes stadium name to company that pays the most for advertising rights. Bang, Cincy is right back in football.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 07:22 AM)kevin Wrote: I was a Fan of the AFL when Bengals in it.  Many liked the USFL and Tampa liked the Bandits more than the Buccaneers.  ....There are many cities with no NFL that would be great, some of these cities that have lost NFL teams such as St Louis, San Diego and very soon Oakland.  New York teams play in New Jersey, so a team in Brooklyn or the Bronx or Queens of New York might just find nice support. LA is no good now, but take over San Diego and Oakland.  There are major areas in the USA without NFL that they could put a team in.  Start with 10 teams at first.  10 cities.  Possible Chicago area could handle another team as big as it is.  ..St Louis, San Diego, Oakland, New York, Chicago and bring Pro Football to 5 other USA areas that the NFL has ignored and do not rule out a team in London.  The NFL has built a market in England that a new League could steal by giving them their own team to root for. NFL in Mexico City could be another market to steal.  There are many states that have no NFL,  Alabama, Mississippi, Kansas, Oklahoma, Oregon, Iowa, untapped markets. .....There are players. People would have paid to see Doug Flutie or Tim Tebow or now Kaepernick.  AJ McCarron and many others too good to be on a bench.  You could easily get 10 good starting quarterbacks for this new league with solid back-ups.  There are many good running backs not getting any playing time.  Also receivers.  There is easily room for a new 10 team League. The markets with no NFL are there, The players are there to fill the teams, The Fans are there to spend money, and there are more than enough TV networks and commercial advertisers for a new football league. ...I suggest they don't be afraid to play in the Fall on Sunday in markets the NFL isn't in.  Go after NFL Free Agents and have their own College draft the way AFL got college players to join AFL instead.   Give it a good name, maybe drop the L, we know it's a league.  Maybe THE WF, World Football. ..or FF, Freedom Football....or UF, United Football, I like that one, as in United We Stand. ..With teams in London, New York City, St Louis, Chicago, San Diego, Oakland, Mexico City, and 2 other teams in either Portland Oregon, Oklahoma City, or in Kansas, Iowa, Mississippi or Alabama and right there it shows room to advance into a 12 team league once it gets going, but start at 10.  They can easily get 10 starting quarterbacks to pay to see in the first year because the NFL only has 32 starting jobs and their are easily 10 more quarterbacks people would pay to see start in a new league. The markets, the players, the Tv and the money is there.  Plus it's time somebody went up against the NFL again. With The NFL due to have a major strike and lock out, the United Football could end up being the only football on TV for a while.  .....The NFL has created these markets like St Louis, San Diego, Oakland, London, Mexico City and a new league of rich owners should sweep in and put teams there. Again, New Jersey has 2 teams, not one team in New York proper. Stick a team right in New York in Brooklyn or Bronx right up NFL Headquarters rear end in NY. ...I would watch it. There are too many good players riding the bench in NFL. Too many good college players not getting a chance. Too many NFL cities losing teams.....If Cincinnati ever lost it's NFL Bengals, well, maybe Cincy could get a team in a league with St Louis, San Diego and Oakland. ...32 Pro teams are not enough, it's time for a new league and 10 more teams.  When the NFL pulls out of a St Louis, San Diego, Oakland or other NFL cities in future the new league would be there to swoop in and take that already developed football market of fans money.  Corpus Christi Texas and San Antonio Texas want teams. Orlando Florida wants a team. The NFL is just not big enough to fill the demand of markets wanting teams and the NFL has too many good players riding the benches or players like Kaeperick not on any team at all.  ....THE NFL should not be the only game in town.  It's time for a new league......If London and Mexico City added to these USA cities, maybe Canadian Football might want to merge and now you've got Canada cities also.  It could be huge with some big money owners to stand up to NFL. One of richest men in world is in Mexico City.  Probably rich owner types in England to want London.  There are many rich people that want a team, so starting with 10 major market teams could happen very fast. ....Again on the quarterbacks, look at Carson Palmer and Bridgewater and Romo getting injured and quarterbacks coming in and showing they should be NFL starters.  A new league could have 10 very good starters the first year, and some playing better than any in NFL.

If the NFL ever pulled out of Cincinnati,  this league could swoop in on the Ohio, Kentucky market of Cincinnati, and Cincy Fans may find that just as in AFL days, this is pretty good football playing St Louis, San Diego, Oakland, London and other major markets.  It would mean PB Stadium has been left sitting empty as so many cities the NFL has left.  New league moves into PB and quickly changes stadium name to company that pays the most for advertising rights. Bang, Cincy is right back in football.

Uhhh...    Shocked

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Agreed I think there is room for another league but it has to be fun and not stuck up in it's own ass. They can play in the spring in MLS stadiums and try to recruit high level lower classman college players.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Yes, it's called the NCAA league.

While I'd love to see an actual developmental league that bridges the NCAA and the NFL, it's probably never going to happen.
Reply/Quote
XFL is coming back... I will 100% watch that over NFL outside of bengals games

Plenty of Players Available with what looks like the Arena League possibly folding (down to 4 teams for the next 2 years not much of a league)
Reply/Quote
Too many failed attempts at this point to get the investors and stadiums don't come cheap and old stadiums fall into disrepair very quick once the maintenance stops. Not to mention television saturation by the NFL. This doesn't even mention the risk of having the orange cheeto's grubby fingerprints on it in any way, shape or form. All kinds of rumors..more violent..Why not call it the ALL INJURY ALL THE TIME LEAGUE? Sure a lot of rules ought to be shitcanned like the buttcheak rule, but I'm really not interested in watching people get killed to entertain me. 
Contrary to popular opinion the NFL isn't going anywhere and damned sure isn't going to just go away quietly while some upstart league muscles in no matter how much you might be disappointed in the current product. 
Heck, why not get investors to start a new government. The current one sure sucks shit each and every day and getting suckier by the second. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
[Image: Summer-Rae-Lingerie-Football-004.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Can the Bengals join it? This NFL thing seems way beyond Mike's comprehension. As a bonus, our home crowds would now fit inside an indoor arena.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 10:42 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Yes, it's called the NCAA league.

While I'd love to see an actual developmental league that bridges the NCAA and the NFL, it's probably never going to happen.

Anybody remember NFL Europe? (if not, google it). That's exactly what that was. The NFL pulled the plug on it around 2009.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 01:59 AM)BMK Wrote: Anybody remember NFL Europe? (if not, google it). That's exactly what that was. The NFL pulled the plug on it around 2009.

Hells yeah!  Who can forget the Ohio Glory?

[Image: Ohio_Glory_helmet_1992.png]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
As mentioned, the XFL will be making a comeback. That’s encouraging.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 08:54 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: As mentioned, the XFL will be making a comeback. That’s encouraging.

Encouraging if Johnny Fartball does feel like moving to canada, maybe. Otherwise?  Meh. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 08:54 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: As mentioned, the XFL will be making a comeback. That’s encouraging.

Yep, it's coming back with and they are going to play the game like they did 30 years ago..... 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 02:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, it's coming back with and they are going to play the game like they did 30 years ago..... 

Look forward to seeing good football again. Currently, the only team allowed to play smash mouth football is Pittsburgh. Everyone else is penalized.

Reply/Quote
Just a reminder for some folks. Please review the sticky thread for the "Around the NFL" forum. Thank you.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
That is an interesting post and one of the longest ones I've ever seen on here.

Whatever way they decided to do it, it would have to be sort of experimental and it would involve huge amounts of financial risk. Obviously it could put teams in cities that lost them, like St. Louis and San Diego, and also it could be profitable to have teams in London or Mexico City. Two places where a major pro team might work are Oklahoma and Alabama, which both have huge football traditions and big cities in them. Or Omaha?

They also have articles sometimes about how there might be drastic changes in football anyway because of all the injuries. Would people watch pro football if they made it down-by-contact or some variation of flag football? Maybe, if they did away with replay and allowed one-foot-in on sideline catches to increase scoring.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 09:18 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: That is an interesting post and one of the longest ones I've ever seen on here.

Whatever way they decided to do it, it would have to be sort of experimental and it would involve huge amounts of financial risk. Obviously it could put teams in cities that lost them, like St. Louis and San Diego, and also it could be profitable to have teams in London or Mexico City. Two places where a major pro team might work are Oklahoma and Alabama, which both have huge football  traditions and big cities in them. Or Omaha?

They also have articles sometimes about how there might be drastic changes in football anyway because of all the injuries. Would people watch pro football if they made it down-by-contact or some variation of flag football? Maybe, if they did away with replay and allowed one-foot-in on sideline catches to increase scoring.

One of the issues with the XFL other than the fact that all of the teams were worse than the worst NFL team was that the rules were pretty wacky and changed multiple times throughout the only season.  Does anyone actually recall watching the XFL?  I just recall watered down football and the recognizable names being guys who were pretty embarrassing NFL players.  Rashaan Salaam, Tommy Maddox, James Hundon, Jim Drunkenmiller, to name a few.

I'm thinking if we were to extrapolate today's NFL has-beens and never-was-es to the XFL we could be watching...oh let's see....a team featuring Zach Mettenberger handing off to Trent Richardson and tossing errant passes to Dwayne Bowe.  
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 02:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: One of the issues with the XFL other than the fact that all of the teams were worse than the worst NFL team was that the rules were pretty wacky and changed multiple times throughout the only season.  Does anyone actually recall watching the XFL?  I just recall watered down football and the recognizable names being guys who were pretty embarrassing NFL players.  Rashaan Salaam, Tommy Maddox, James Hundon, Jim Drunkenmiller, to name a few.

I'm thinking if we were to extrapolate today's NFL has-beens and never-was-es to the XFL we could be watching...oh let's see....a team featuring Zach Mettenberger handing off to Trent Richardson and tossing errant passes to Dwayne Bowe.  

I remember the XFL but only because I saw my first boob at the game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Several good ideas came out of the XFL, the overhead moving cameras for one thing.
Reply/Quote