Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFC playoff question
Steelers are in unless Raiders and Chargers tie. Looking at the standings a tie would mean Raiders and Chargers both are in. Am ?I right on that? If so…….Could these two teams just agree to tie before the game to assure they both get in? Sounds kinda nuts but why not? Would that be shady? Would you blame them? Don’t think I have ever seen a scenario like that for teams to consider.
Reply/Quote
They could but they won’t. The league would frown upon that (probably fine/penalize both teams) and they are rivals so they want to eliminate each other. Looks like Shittsburgh is heading to KC. Hope they lose by 50!
Reply/Quote
Well the Pats are losing badly to the Dolphins so if they do lose it simplifies things down to the Raiders - Chargers game I think. If the Raiders win we play them and if the Chargers win we get the Patriots. This assumes Buffalo and Miami hold their leads in their games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How is the heck did the Stoolers finish 1/2 game behind us.

W

T

H
Reply/Quote
Best is.. Pig Pen the Rapist will get all the Medias Talking heads kissing his arse..
This Delta Bravo simply wont go away
And if we have to play them at some point..
He will end us
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 06:54 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: They could but they won’t. The league would frown upon that (probably fine/penalize both teams) and they are rivals so they want to eliminate each other.  Looks like Shittsburgh is heading to KC. Hope they lose by 50!

The best part would be reading the KC boards
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 06:54 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: They could but they won’t. The league would frown upon that (probably fine/penalize both teams) and they are rivals so they want to eliminate each other. Looks like Shittsburgh is heading to KC. Hope they lose by 50!

They may frown on it, but I doubt they’d penalize them. They’ve already taken the stance that each game is up to the teams on how they want to play it, and how hard they try to win.

It’s come up before when people have suggested forcing teams to play their players in the last game of the year to. If a team doesn’t try to win, that’s on them. Let their fans eat them alive for it.

For what it’s worth, I still don’t think two teams would ever do this, especially teams that have been division rivals for 60 years.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 07:29 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: They may frown on it, but I doubt they’d penalize them. They’ve already taken the stance that each game is up to the teams on how they want to play it, and how hard they try to win.

It’s come up before when people have suggested forcing teams to play their players in the last game of the year to. If a team doesn’t try to win, that’s on them. Let their fans eat them alive for it.

For what it’s worth, I still don’t think two teams would ever do this, especially teams that have been division rivals for 60 years.

Yeah, imagine us and the Steelers agreeing pre-game to a tie to keep us both alive.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 07:03 PM)Whacked Wrote: How is the heck did the Stoolers finish 1/2 game behind us.

W

T

H

They won their home games with the help of the zebras
Reply/Quote
If we play New England, we may actually get a night game. Networks love them some New England

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 08:06 PM)pally Wrote: If we play New England, we may actually get a night game.  Networks love them some New England

Yeah, they used to get that 8:00 Saturday night slot like clockwork.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 07:02 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well the Pats are losing badly to the Dolphins so if they do lose it simplifies things down to the Raiders - Chargers game I think. If the Raiders win we play them and if the Chargers win we get the Patriots. This assumes Buffalo and Miami hold their leads in their games.

Woooohoooo. We can get the Pats at home. If Chargers win tonight. Then Chargers beat Bills and Steelers beat Chiefs next week. We get to play Chargers at home again. We get revenge. Steelers beat Titans. And bam. AFC Championship at home against the Steelers. Lets do it!!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 06:47 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Steelers are in unless Raiders and Chargers tie. Looking at the standings a tie would mean Raiders and Chargers both are in. Am ?I right on that? If so…….Could these two teams just agree to tie before the game to assure they both get in? Sounds kinda nuts but why not? Would that be shady? Would you blame them? Don’t think I have ever seen a scenario like that for teams to consider.

Great question. And why not agree to make the playoffs? Very interesting scenario ..
Reply/Quote
NE looks sloppy and pathetic against Miami
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 08:42 PM)M.W. Wrote: NE looks sloppy and pathetic against Miami

If I am not mistaken, NE is 2-6 at Miami over the last 8 seasons.

They always look that way when they are in South Florida.

EDIT: After today, make it 2-7 over the last 9 seasons...
Reply/Quote