Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs***
(01-30-2023, 12:48 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Cursed is NOT the FS leaving his area for a TD. 

Cursed is NOT missing a tackle.

CUrsed is NOT a terrible penalty.

It is all football.  I can name some very favorable things that are also football related. This is an extremely terrible take.

Lol get real.  I'll tell you what....let me put in simpler terms for you.  The Bengals have the championship trophy in making ****** up plays or getting ****** up calls against them at the MOST, of most worst of times.  Does that saitsfy your criteria?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:09 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Let me hear from all of you who think refs didn’t royally screw bengals.

Among other things blatant block in back on last punt return.

Pi call on apple

Intentional grounding.

No roughing the passer on last series

Stopping the play

Totally screwed up officiated game.

They definitely played a part in the outcome. Even going back to the drive before halftime you had terrible spot that cost the Bengals time and a timeout. Same drive they didn't call Tee I think it was out of bounds when he looked like he was to me. CBS didn't even bother showing replays or mentioning it like it didn't matter. 

Frank Clark pushed Burrow way late in the end zone no call.

Idk who it was but they put all their weight on Burrow and damn near broke his wrist on the grounding play. Not to mention Perine was right the hell there so I have no clue how they can say it was grounding. Even Romo actually said it was a judgement call and was close and if that's the case how do you throw it there. Who's to say if he was really trying to get the ball to him or not? 

Give mahomes a little tap late that didn't even look intentional and automatic flag that basically hands the game over. 

They literally gave them another 3rd down and called a p.i. to give em a 1st on it after stopping them again. Lol, really?That was a good play by Hilton not p.i. I certainly didn't see them give Tee or Chase any of those calls all night. 

Missed a blatant block in the back and a hold on the last punt return. Cincy was getting called for holds all year on punt returns. 2 obvious ones on that last one no call though.

There were more but it doesn't matter, it is what it is. Had their chances to overcome all the bs and go take it anyway but the blocking just couldn't hold up long enough to go do it.
Reply/Quote
At what point do we stop collectively sucking Burrow off, and and acknowledge that he’s just very good and not an all time great? I think we’re so desperate in Cincy, and we saw what he did at LSU, and we want to anoint him as the savior. His stats scream Carson Palmer, with a better D? He consistently doesn’t show up in the playoffs - the D does. He had two drives at the end of tonight’s game to win, and made questionable decisions.

Mahomes, who admittedly is a GOAT, outplayed him on one leg. The ref calls were bad. No doubt. But how does that wipe out a nonexistent 1st Half, and completely unclutch 4th quarter play?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:55 AM)bmack086 Wrote: At what point do we stop collectively sucking Burrow off, and and acknowledge that he’s just very good and not an all time great? I think we’re so desperate in Cincy, and we saw what he did at LSU, and we want to anoint him as the savior. His stats scream Carson Palmer, with a better D? He consistently doesn’t show up in the playoffs - the D does. He had two drives at the end of tonight’s game to win, and made questionable decisions.

Mahomes, who admittedly is a GOAT, outplayed him on one leg. The ref calls were bad. No doubt. But how does that wipe out a nonexistent 1st Half, and completely unclutch 4th quarter play?

Lol even thinking Burrow is an "all time great" after, what, three years in the league with one being injured is sheer stupidity, and pretty dumb of you to even make that statement in the first place lol
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:59 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: Lol even thinking Burrow is an "all time great" after, what, three years in the league with one being injured is sheer stupidity, and pretty dumb of you to even make that statement in the first place lol

You love your comma game, and then still, don’t place enough. That was an eye sore. I didn’t claim him to be an all time great. But, also, I meant along the lines of a lot of fans and media calling him the second best QB, and calling it “Burrowhead”.

The Bengals got ****** by 5-6 calls, at least, which absolutely decided the game. But, Burrow doesn’t show up in the playoffs. Our team, mayor, etc., talked shit without us actually winning anything.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:27 AM)mitano Wrote: This team getting here is a miracle in itself. The other 3 teams: Philly, KC, and SF have top 5 O-line. This game is a combination of Burrow having a not great day, Oline being abused, and refs don't want the Bengals to be in the SB 2 times in a row, I'm sure Roger does not want that. We overcame the refs last week because we blown out the Bills, but we have a close game today and didn't finish it. Please invest in OL this off season. It's more important than weapons.

Infinitesimal chance that they allow the Bengals to hoist the trophy in the land of AFL founder, Lamar Hunt, two years straight. Still some will say that there is zero chance that Goodell influences games. Anytime there is this much money involved in outcomes of games, corruption is involved.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:55 AM)bmack086 Wrote: At what point do we stop collectively sucking Burrow off, and and acknowledge that he’s just very good and not an all time great? I think we’re so desperate in Cincy, and we saw what he did at LSU, and we want to anoint him as the savior. His stats scream Carson Palmer, with a better D? He consistently doesn’t show up in the playoffs - the D does. He had two drives at the end of tonight’s game to win, and made questionable decisions.

(01-30-2023, 12:59 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: Lol even thinking Burrow is an "all time great" after, what, three years in the league with one being injured is sheer stupidity, and pretty dumb of you to even make that statement in the first place lol

(01-30-2023, 01:06 AM)bmack086 Wrote: You love your comma game, and then still, don’t place enough. That was an eye sore. I didn’t claim him to be an all time great. But, also, I meant along the lines of a lot of fans and media calling him the second best QB, and calling it “Burrowhead”.

The Bengals got ****** by 5-6 calls, at least, which absolutely decided the game. But, Burrow doesn’t show up in the playoffs. Our team, mayor, etc., talked shit without us actually winning anything.

One is a troll and the other just isnt very bright...

Reply/Quote
I’m not upset at all. The Bengals had an incredible season and went to the conference championship. There are 28 teams who did not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They got us this time. It sucks but we’ll be back. Yeah the officiating was atrocious and affected the game. They needed a performance like they had in Buffalo to overcome it. Pushing the ball downfield was not a great game plan. It made the pass protection issues glaring.

I’ve been a fan since the 1980’s and going to back to back afc championship games is no small feat. In the AFC it’s us and the Chiefs. We’re the better team without the injuries. It’s 3-1 us in the rivalry. Fly Eagles fly.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:07 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Infinitesimal chance that they allow the Bengals to hoist the trophy in the land of AFL founder, Lamar Hunt, two years straight. Still some will say that there is zero chance that Goodell influences games. Anytime there is this much money involved in outcomes of games, corruption is involved.

If there was corruption involved, the Bills would have beat the chiefs, and Damar Hamlin #3 would be all we talked about the next 2 weeks. Give it up. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:36 AM)Joelist Wrote: The refs let the Chiefs do whatever they wanted and we got ticky tack flags. Refs allowed Chiefs blocks in the back, late hits on both QB and receivers, holding by the Chiefs OL and let's not forget the "do over". ESPECIALLY in playoff games the NFL needs their refs to avoid even the appearance of bias - tonight the bias was obvious. 

The bengals had the ball at 2:00, to drive for the winning FG, the refs did NOTHING in the last 2 minutes. It was all the bengals fault they lost, not the officials. If the game was rigged, this would not have happened.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:30 AM)Housh Wrote: 2 things can be true at once

The refs can suck and we can not have stepped up at the same time

Absolutely. They had their chances to go take it despite all the bs calls and no calls they were facing. The holds on the mahomes run and the block in the back on punt return the no call on Clark shoving Burrow late or on whoever it was that put all his weight on him and calling grounding when Perine was in the area. That all happened it wasn't a mirage but despite it all they had it to take but just couldn't grab it. 

At some point something has to be done about refs and the impacts they have on these games. That's 2 years in a row they played way to big of a role in the losses to end the year. Has to be called out and somehow the NFL needs to find a way to make it better because too often these refs play to big a part in the outcome of these games. Last year a phantom hold on Wilson gives the Rams 4 more shots for the super bowl now this year so many bad calls and no calls helps keep them from getting another Crack at it.

If they're gonna lose I just want the game to be lost from plays being made or not, not because some ref decided to throw a flag sometimes but others they didn't or because they throw a phantom holding call when they couldn't have seen a hold because it never happened. Shouldn't ever be throwing flags for something you think you saw, only when you know you saw it. Couldn't have possibly saw Wilson hold in the super bowl because he absolutely didn't. Just like tonight after giving them another 3rd down shot after both teams had punt personnel on field already it was a horrible call on Hilton. 

Need to stop calling the games different in the regular season than they do in the post season too. Call the damn things consistently every week for every team. All the damn money the NFL has and makes they can improve the quality of officiating and regardless of the teams people need to call it out to try to create changes for the better because bs happens way to much that impacts the outcomes of games. Maybe using some of that dough to get full time officials instead of bonus checks for Goodell and other executives would help but no way they'd ever do that right. 

I'm just pissed how the season ended again. Much rather just get beat than have someone other than the people on the field having such an impact on the outcome, especially when the impact they have seems suspect because way too many little things seemed to go in 1 teams way. Little things like the awful spot when it was clearly a 1st down but they mark it short making cincy lose time and a time out. They did the same thing twice to Cincy in the Super Bowl. The last drive Perine was stoned right at the yellow mark to make it 2nd or 3rd and 1 when it should have at the very least been 2nd or 3rd and inches. But they spotted it a yard farther back. Maybe the game ends differently if they dont screw em with the spot there. Did it to them early in the super bowl too. I think it was the drive Joe didnt see Tee wide open for the easy 1st down on 4th and 1 and tried to get it to chase quick but it got batted down. If not that drive it was an early one that turned into a punt or failed 4th down that should have been a 1st if spotted correctly. 

Little things like that most people won't remember but ended up being huge in the end. Tee looked to be out of bounds on that same drive tonight and they called him in and kept clock running costing more time. Of course CBS didn't even bother showing the replay on either. Noticed that happening alot lately. The TV stations weren't showing replays of plays that could benefit Cincy and when they were it was when it was too late and nothing could be done about it. Trust me I'm not making it up, if anyone has tv copies of the games going back to around the Bills Monday night game forward watch em and you'll see I'm not making it up. Hell send me the files and I'll re-watch em and clip em all out because trust me it happened more than a few times. Those 2 bad calls on little stuff tonight very well cost em 4 points only having 8 seconds from the 4 yard line with no time outs instead of having 30 seconds and a timeout left. Like I said they're things alot of people won't remember but definitely had a big impact on the scoreboard in the end. Just tired of the bs. It's not just Cincy either it happens way too often. I thought the refs did a pretty good job of screwing the 9ers over earlier today. It was pretty bad with the 1 sided calls in that game. They were tossing flags on the 9ers for everything but letting the Eagles get away with the same damn thing over and over. Prob wouldnt have mattered much in that game since they were damn near getting ready to have to put McCaffery in at qb but who knows maybe it does play out different. No doubt that they officiated the game that way tgough. For Christ's sake I heard them talking about sensors in the balls during the Ravens WC game and you're telling me the NFL with all that money and access to all that technology these days and you can't get simple spots of the ball right. You have partnerships with Microsoft and Amazon for ***** sake.  

Another thing that irks me is early when i think it was Scandling reaching forward for the 1st down when it was overturned because they called him short, why is that forward progress when he intentionally on his own brought the ball back. Never understood that dumb bs. If he had been on his feet and went back intentionally it would be marked back to where he went but it's different if he does the same thing while almost on the ground. It's the same thing. Would be different if it was the end zone or out of bounds since the play is dead at that point anyway, but in the field of play you intentionally pulled the ball back you weren't dragged back so it should be marked where you brought it back to. That leads to the dumb catch rules too. I don't care what anyone says that was a td last week by Chase. They need to change that bs too. If you're in the endzone or out of bounds the play is dead. You can't hit someone or even tap em apparently as we found out tonight so the whole to the ground stuff is ridiculous. If they have possession when they go out or are in the end zone the play is dead. They can't advance it they can't be tackled they had possession in the field of play so play is over when ball crosses sideline or goal line so why the hell would you need to hold on to the ball at the point the play is over? It's stupid. 
Reply/Quote
Let’s be honest. The reason we lost and should have lost a lot more games this year, is because we can’t run the ball and protect the QB. We skated by all year with only 3 or 4 good run games. Mixon is not fast enough to get outside and not big enough to run inside. He usually goes down at first contact. We would have been better off letting Perine run the ball. We need a new running back with some speed, couple better backup offensive lineman, a defensive line that can put some pressure on the QB. The DB’s can not play man defense and when they do receivers are wide open. I watch other teams guard our wide receivers and they are in them like glue. Yet, we are 7 yards off the line guarding wideouts on a 3 and 2. We can’t guard and TE if our lime depended on it. How do you let Kelce leave the line of scrimmage without someone on him. The game was poorly called by the refs, but we had our chances. 2 drives in the 4th quarter and can’t get a FG. This team will make the playoffs next year, but we need to add and subtract some pieces to get better.
Reply/Quote