Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFCN Quarterbacks....
(09-28-2021, 09:32 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Ben is a tree.

Trees across the world are insulted and screaming, "When have you come across a tree that is a rapist?"  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 12:18 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Hey, the Tampa Bay Bucs signed a 93 year old Tom Brady and still won the Super Bowl. My guess is that the Steelers may try to get Rodgers if they think they can still win a SB, but either way they'll certainly be looking to start a QB not named Ben Roethslisberger next year.

Yeah, but we all know Tom Brady sold his soul to the devil... Ninja
Reply/Quote
I had fun with this one:

[Image: 01pre02.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 12:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Baker is literally Andy Dalton. 

Nah. Andy is likable. Wink

Reply/Quote
I don't see Rodgers going to the Steelers. Their oline isn't very good. I think the best odds are him staying in GB. Denver would be the other team that's a possibility. Maybe the 9ers or Colts or Saints. He'll go to a contender if he leaves. The Steelers could be last in the North this year. They could easily start 1-4. I don't see Rodgers going to a team with a losing record.

I'd love to see the Steelers become the new Bengals/Browns in the years to come. Without a QB, they won't be very good. They will need to find one in the draft after Dirty Burger retires (which is likely soon). I don't think Rudolph or Haskins is the answer.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 10:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm gonna laugh now but I'm hiding how worried I am they get Aaron Rodgers for 2022. 

He doesn’t want to go to Pittsburgh. He wants to go back to the coast. Although apparently Denver really wanted him
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 06:43 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: He doesn’t want to go to Pittsburgh. He wants to go back to the coast. Although apparently Denver really wanted him

Where in California is he going to go though? The Rams have Stafford now, the Chargers have Herbert, and SF just traded up to draft Trey Lance (plus they still have Jimmy G). I don’t really see a landing spot for him anywhere out there.

Reply/Quote
Baker Mayfield is underrated because people dont like his personality. He is a very good QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 08:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Baker Mayfield is underrated because people dont like his personality.  He is a very good QB.

He sure seems like a winner regardless of his personality 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 08:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Baker Mayfield is underrated because people dont like his personality. He is a very good QB.

Well, playing for our 2nd biggest rival doesn’t help either…

I would have nothing against him if he didn’t play in our division tbh. I couldn’t care less about the OSU thing, and showing up Hue was whatever, but the Browns and their fans have become insufferable since they started having a bit of success. I could do without 37 different commercials with Baker in them, too.

And yes, he’s good, but he’s also in an absolutely perfect situation for a young QB. Elite OL, and an insane running game. When your RB2 could start on most teams your QB probably doesn’t have to do a whole lot other than just not lose you the game.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 08:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Baker Mayfield is underrated because people dont like his personality.  He is a very good QB.

He's a decent, middle of the road QB with a good team around him. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'll be mildly surprised if Pig Jen finishes the season as the starter.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 09:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'll be mildly surprised if Pig Jen finishes the season as the starter.

They’ll probably fake some injury so they can spare him the humiliation of being benched for a scrub like Haskins or Rudolph.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 09:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They’ll probably fake some injury so they can spare him the humiliation of being benched for a scrub like Haskins or Rudolph.

Yep

"Breaking news, Steelers QB is injured in practice"

You don't say ?
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 09:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's a decent, middle of the road QB with a good team around him. 

When he started as a QB, they were not a good team, he lead that team to some impressive victories.. maybe he makes other players better also. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 09:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: When he started as a QB, they were not a good team, he lead that team to some impressive victories.. maybe he makes other players better also. 

Not really. He has moments like good QBs do. He's a good QB but he's middle of the pack good. 

It's amazing how much you prop up other QBs without knowing much about them but crap all over the QB that plays for the team you supposedly root for. 

I hate to break the news, but Burrow is going to be here for a while. Might as well at least try and embrace him. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 09:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not really. He has moments like good QBs do. He's a good QB but he's middle of the pack good. 

It's amazing how much you prop up other QBs without knowing much about them but crap all over the QB that plays for the team you supposedly root for. 

I hate to break the news, but Burrow is going to be here for a while. Might as well at least try and embrace him. 

Which should be pretty damn easy for most people…

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 07:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Where in California is he going to go though? The Rams have Stafford now, the Chargers have Herbert, and SF just traded up to draft Trey Lance (plus they still have Jimmy G). I don’t really see a landing spot for him anywhere out there.

I’m thinking he might settle for any coast line. Miami could be a potential destination. Not sure how they are feeling about Tua.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 01:46 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’m thinking he might settle for any coast line. Miami could be a potential destination. Not sure how they are feeling about Tua.

I could see that. There was a lot of rumblings about them being interested in Watson before massage-gate got out of hand.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 09:43 AM)motoarch Wrote: To be fair what Lamar does with his feet should be included.  It really makes him a dynamic and dangerous QB.  I hate to say it but he's a lot of fun to watch.

The AFCN gas some serious young talent at QB.  This is going to be a fun division for the next decade assuming these guys stay healthy.

Obviously the ravens are a threat but there’s no question which qb id rather have, that style of play doesn’t seem to work in the playoffs. Good coaching and good defense figure him out
Reply/Quote