Poll: How many wins?
3 or fewer
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFCN v. AFCW
In my opinion both the AFCN and AFCW have three potentially good teams and one really bad team. For the purposes of this poll I am just asking for predictions regarding the top 3 teams in each division.

Here is a little info from each AFCW team from last year. I know last years numbers may not mean anything this year, but it gives a little knowledge to fans that didn't follow those teams very closely last year.

DEN...12-4....4th off....3rd def
SD..... 9-7...18th off....9th def
KC..... 9-7...25th off....7th def

I think most of us follow the Steelers and Ravens pretty closely, but I encourage anyone who knows what any of the AFCW teams have done in the off season it post that info.

Here are the schedules.

BENGALS
....SD
....KC
at DEN

STEELERS
at SD
at KC
....DEN

RAVENS
....SD
....KC
at DEN

So how many of those 9 games to the teams from the AFCN win?
Reply/Quote
I don't think that the Chiefs are that great. They have a good defense and run game, but that's about it. Alex Smiths career high in yards and TDs is 3313 and 23. I think both the Ravens and the Steelers can beat them. I think the Chiefs will go 1-3 against the AFCN.

I think the Chargers will be a good team this year. Philip Rivers is a very good QB, and he doesn't have bad weapons this year. Melvin Gordon should improve their run game by a ton, and I don't think the Chargers secondary is that bad. I think the Chargers will go 2-2 against the AFCN.

I think the Broncos will take a step back this year. Their OL should be a ton worse than what it was last year due to having almost half of their OL leave. Manning is getting older too, and the extra pressure from the OL isn't going to help him at all. Their defense will still be pretty good. I think they will go either 2-2 or 3-1 against the AFCN; I really can't decide.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd give the AFCN the edge. Also, the games that you listed, the north is home 5 of them and away 4 of them. So, they should definitely come out with more wins than losses.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Hmm, the Steelers and Ravens both usually manage at least one loss per season to a team with 4 or less wins, right? Are the Raiders still bad enough to be that team?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BENGALS
....SD..........W
....KC..........W
at DEN........L

STEELERS
at SD..........L
at KC..........W
....DEN.......L

RAVENS
....SD........W
....KC........W
at DEN......L

My prediction. 5-4

Denver won't be as good as they were last year, but they have both the Bengals and Ravens at home. And the Steelers two biggest problems are no pass rush and no cover DBs. So I don't think they can beat the Broncos.

Chiefs are not that great. They have some big names at the top of their roster, but I don't think they are a good complete team. They go 0-3.

Chargers will be tough. I would pick them to beat the Bengals and Ravens if the games were in San Diego. Instead they go 1-2.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 01:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, the Steelers and Ravens both usually manage at least one loss per season to a team with 4 or less wins, right?  Are the Raiders still bad enough to be that team?

Nah. That usually goes to the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 01:57 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Nah. That usually goes to the Browns.

I realize this reality might mess with your world-view that the AFC North is unfairly good but despite having a 12-4 record the Steelers managed to lose to 3 teams that were below .500 including a 2-14 and a 4-12 squad.
Reply/Quote
BTW the AFCW has to play the NFCN this year, so that means they will all have three tough games from the Packers, Lions, and Vikings.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 02:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I realize this reality might mess with your world-view that the AFC North is unfairly good but despite having a 12-4 record the Steelers managed to lose to 3 teams that were below .500 including a 2-14 and a 4-12 squad.

and that never happens to any other team right Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
Ill be tracking everything this year

http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-ACFN-vs-NFL-2015-Season

Part of it comes down to when and where you play them...

Late in the season away from home peyton is beatable... Early at home.. much tougher matchup
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 02:04 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: and that never happens to any other team right Rolleyes

A team losing a mere 4 games but managing to lose 3 of those 4 to losing teams and/or the worst team in the league?  I can only assume that's pretty rare, honestly.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 02:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: A team losing a mere 4 games but managing to lose 3 of those 4 to losing teams and/or the worst team in the league?  I can only assume that's pretty rare, honestly.

What year did they do that in? 2011 they didn't lose to any teams with losing records.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 02:29 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: What year did they do that in? 2011 they didn't lose to any teams with losing records.

How can you forget the punchless Buccaneers going into Pittsburgh and beating them through a series of late-game meltdowns?! It was glorious! Are you really a Bengals fan?
Reply/Quote
Miss click for the 8 Big Grin

Sorry.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 02:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: A team losing a mere 4 games but managing to lose 3 of those 4 to losing teams and/or the worst team in the league?  I can only assume that's pretty rare, honestly.

ITS A TRAP
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 02:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 2014

How can you forget the punchless Buccaneers going into Pittsburgh and beating them through a series of late-game meltdowns?!  It was glorious!  Are you really a Bengals fan?

They didn't go 12-4 last year that threw me off. So what if they lost to a few bad teams last year. Shit happens it's the NFL. They still went 11-5, which is better than most teams in the NFL. They probably would have went a lot further in the playoffs if Bell wouldn't have been injured too.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 03:18 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: They didn't go 12-4 last year that threw me off. So what if they lost to a few bad teams last year. Shit happens it's the NFL. They still went 11-5, which is better than most teams in the NFL. They probably would have went a lot further in the playoffs if Bell wouldn't have been injured too.

Ah, my bad they were 11-5 which means 4 of their 5 losses came to losing teams.  That's even crazier, isn't it?  I'm not saying it's AMAZING they lost to a few bad teams, I'm saying it's amazing they managed to lose almost exclusively to bad teams while beating some very good teams.

Trust me, the way the Steelers lost in 2014 was an issue.  If the Bengals lose 5 games and 4 of those losses are to losing teams we would be hearing about it.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 05:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trust me, the way the Steelers lost in 2014 was an issue.  If the Bengals lose 5 games and 4 of those losses are to losing teams we would be hearing about it.

How the heck would you know? You live in... oh...
Reply/Quote
I'll say 5-4.

BENGALS
....SD..........L
....KC..........W
at DEN........W

STEELERS
at SD..........L
at KC..........W
....DEN.......L

RAVENS
....SD........W
....KC........W
at DEN......L

Reply/Quote
The most wins possible is 16. Won't Happen.

My predictions

Bengals: W @ OAK, L @ DEN, W vs SD, W vs KC
Ravens: Same as Bengals

Browns: W vs OAK, L vs DEN, L @ SD, L @ KC
Steelers: Same as Browns

SO the AFCN will win 8 games vs the AFCW
Reply/Quote