Poll: How many games will the AFCN win vs the NFCW?
Fewer than 3
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFCN vs NFCW
Bengals: W vs STL, W vs SEA, W @ ARZ, L @ SF
Ravens: W vs STL, W vs SEA, L @ ARZ, W @ SF

Steelers: W vs SF, W vs ARZ, L @ SEA, W @ STL
Browns: Same as Steelers

12 wins for the AFCN vs the NFCW
Reply/Quote
Wait, you think the Bengals will beat the 3 best teams in the NFCW but lose to the 49ers? It's possible, but I'm curious as to why you think a team that can beat 2 of the best teams in the NFC will fall to one that looks pretty decimated.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 04:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait, you think the Bengals will beat the 3 best teams in the NFCW but lose to the 49ers?  It's possible, but I'm curious as to why you think a team that can beat 2 of the best teams in the NFC will fall to one that looks pretty decimated.

The San Francisco game is in prime time on the road, and most Bengals fans know the team sucks in prime time.
Reply/Quote
12 out of 16 is pretty bold. I'd guess it will be closer than that with a slight edge to the AFC North.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 03:26 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Bengals: W vs STL, W vs SEA, W @ ARZ, L @ SF

BAL 3-1
CIN 3-1
CLE 3-1
PIT 3-1

ARZ 1-3
SEA 2-2
SF   1-3
STL 0-4

Meh, I think you're really overestimating the AFC North here if you think the Browns are going to come out better in division play than the team that represented the NFC in the last 2 Super Bowls.
Reply/Quote
I think you misunderstood me. I think the OP's prediction of the AFC North winning 12 games is bold, a little too optimistic. I can see the Browns taking one game at most and would not be surprised if the Ravens struggled a little too.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 07:06 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: I think you misunderstood me. I think the OP's prediction of the AFC North winning 12 games is bold, a little too optimistic. I can see the Browns taking one game at most and would not be surprised if the Ravens struggled a little too.

Oh, I agree with you.  He has each AFC North team going 3-1 and only the Seahawks going 2-2.  I suppose it could happen, but for someone to say the Browns are going to do better than every NFC West team, even the team that was 1 yard away from winning 2 Super Bowls in a row requires some explanation.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 07:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh, I agree with you.  He has each AFC North team going 3-1 and only the Seahawks going 2-2.  I suppose it could happen, but for someone to say the Browns are going to do better than every NFC West team, even the team that was 1 yard away from winning 2 Super Bowls in a row requires some explanation.

I personally don't think either the Browns or the Ravens will have enough offensively to compete with what are still 4 very very good defenses, even if the 9ers have lost depth.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 07:26 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: I personally don't think either the Browns or the Ravens will have enough offensively to compete with what are still 4 very very good defenses, even if the 9ers have lost depth.

The 49ers didn't lose depth... They lost their whole team.

The AFCN will a yeast have 10 wins vs the NFCW.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 03:26 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Bengals: W vs STL, W vs SEA, W @ ARZ, L @ SF

What are you taking? May I have some??!!

If you think the AFC North is winning 12 out of 16 games against the NFC West, I would lay some serious odds against that!!

The Rams, Cards, and Seahawks have 3 of the NFL's best defenses.

Steelers have the best chance with their weapons to go 3-1, Ravens and Bengals 2-2 at best, and the Browns will be lucky to win one. My gut;

Steelers: Sea-W, Stl-W, SF-W, Ari-L
Ravens: Sea-L, Stl-W, SF-W, Ari-L
Bengals: Sea-W, Stl-L, SF-W, Ari-L
Browns: Sea-L, Stl-L, SF-L, Ari-L

7 wins at most and thats with predicting W in primetime vs. SF (which scares me)
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 09:27 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: What are you taking? May I have some??!!

If you think the AFC North is winning 12 out of 16 games against the NFC West, I would lay some serious odds against that!!

The Rams, Cards, and Seahawks have 3 of the NFL's best defenses.

Steelers have the best chance with their weapons to go 3-1, Ravens and Bengals 2-2 at best, and the Browns will be lucky to win one. My gut;

Steelers: Sea-W, Stl-W, SF-W, Ari-L
Ravens: Sea-L, Stl-W, SF-W, Ari-L
Bengals: Sea-W, Stl-L, SF-W, Ari-L
Browns: Sea-L, Stl-L, SF-L, Ari-L

7 wins at most and thats with predicting W in primetime vs. SF (which scares me)

Arizona wont be able to sweep the division. No way in hell that's happening. They won't even be that great of a team next year. They lost their DC and their best player on defense. Not to mention the Cards offense isn't going to be good, because their OL and running game sucks. Fitzgerald has lost a step (hasn't had a 1k yard season since 2012). Palmer is coming off a major injury too. He's older now and it takes longer to recover.
Reply/Quote
I think 11, or near 11 wins total against the NFCW.

I honestly believe each AFCN team can win 3 out of four games, except for the Browns, which I think will split even.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 09:34 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Arizona wont be able to sweep the division. No way in hell that's happening. They won't even be that great of a team next year. They lost their DC and their best player on defense. Not to mention the Cards offense isn't going to be good, because their OL and running game sucks. Fitzgerald has lost a step (hasn't had a 1k yard season since 2012). Palmer is coming off a major injury too. He's older now and it takes longer to recover.

I do agree it all depends on Palmer being healthy, if so, they will win that division easily. You do know they were the best team in the NFC and maybe the NFL last year until Palmer went down?

Arizona was 9-1 through week 11 there only loss was to an early red hot Denver Broncos. Palmer goes down in week 10 and they lost 4 out of 7.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 09:38 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: I do agree it all depends on Palmer being healthy, if so, they will win that division easily. You do know they were the best team in the NFC and maybe the NFL last year until Palmer went down?

Arizona was 9-1 through week 11 there only loss was to an early red hot Denver Broncos. Palmer goes down in week 10 and they lost 4 out of 7.

They were playing a lot of scrubs when they were 9-1 (4 of the 9 wins were against teams with winning records). Palmer is a good QB, but he's not that great. If you look at the defenses he played against last year they were generally at the bottom of the league.
Reply/Quote
Browns offense winning 3? A $1 bet of that happening could buy a senator or two if it happens.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The AFC North is the best division EVA!!!! Dalton would have 5 division crowns and at least 5 first round byes if he played in any other division! WAAHHHH!!!! The AFC North will sweep every team. It's unfair Dalton has to play the Browns twice a year instead of the Seahawks or the Packers, because the Browns are in the AFC North and the AFC North is so good that it should be its own league and so on and so forth.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 11:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The AFC North is the best division EVA!!!!  Dalton would have 5 division crowns and at least 5 first round byes if he played in any other division!  WAAHHHH!!!!  The AFC North will sweep every team.  It's unfair Dalton has to play the Browns twice a year instead of the Seahawks or the Packers, because the Browns are in the AFC North and the AFC North is so good that it should be its own league and so on and so forth.

Yeah, the AFCN is pretty tough. It does have the most wins, the most playoff caliber teams, and the most Superbowl wins all over the past 10 years.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 11:30 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah, the AFCN is pretty tough. It does have the most wins, the most playoff caliber teams, and the most Superbowl wins all over the past 10 years.

And yet the Bengals make a point to split with the team that has none of that.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 11:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And yet the Bengals make a point to split with the team that has none of that.

The Bengals are 5-3 against the Browns the last 4 years. Don't try and act like it's not uncommon for a weak division rival to beat a team.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 12:10 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Bengals are 5-3 against the Browns the last 4 years. Don't try and act like it's not uncommon for a weak division rival to beat a team.

It's not, I just feel like you are really picking some self-serving stats in regards to showing how tough the AFC North is.  A 10 year span isn't all that important because you're talking more about the Palmer era than the Dalton one, and my argument is that you are being rather dismissive of the NFC West for a bunch of reasons you don't seem to be applying to the Bengals and their ilk.

Overstating the strength of the AFC North fits your agenda, is all I'm saying.
Reply/Quote