Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFCN
1st Steelers (only because they played an AFC team)
2nd Bengals
3rd and 4th Browns and Ravens.

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Division is flipped upside down early :)
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, it's going to be interesting. While our schedule gets tougher, I can easily see the Stoolers losing their last 6 games. Ravens looked like dung last night. Might be us and the Browns at the end, and I have a feeling the Browns are gonna Brown this year.
Reply/Quote
Yep, the Texans have the #1 seed and we're on the playoff bubble.  

Who Dey  Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 10:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, it's going to be interesting. While our schedule gets tougher, I can easily see the Stoolers losing their last 6 games. Ravens looked like dung last night. Might be us and the Browns at the end, and I have a feeling the Browns are gonna Brown this year.

as much as i want to...

You can never write the steelers off it seems
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 10:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, it's going to be interesting. While our schedule gets tougher, I can easily see the Stoolers losing their last 6 games. Ravens looked like dung last night. Might be us and the Browns at the end, and I have a feeling the Browns are gonna Brown this year.

I seriously doubt it. They went toe-to-toe with KC at Arrowhead. Baker might not be good enough to win them a Super Bowl (fingers crossed), but that’s a really good team up there. He’s really the only question mark for me.

Speaking of the hayseed…

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
On the one hand, I'm sick of the lazy narratives that the Bengals simply can't ever be good because of their shoddy history in the Mike Brown era. On the other hand, it's tempting to think the 11-5 Browns are worse than us because of their shoddy history in their post-expansion era.

And while we are talking about history, toss out the history books because the consistently successful Ravens and Steelers are both set to fall apart.

Lordy, fandom is the best legal drug!
Reply/Quote
If they can find some way to actually contain Lamar Jackson, Ravens are very beatable.
If they can contain Chubb and get after Mayfield, Browns are very beatable.
The Steelers are the Steelers.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 11:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I seriously doubt it. They went toe-to-toe with KC at Arrowhead. Baker might not be good enough to win them a Super Bowl (fingers crossed), but that’s a really good team up there. He’s really the only question mark for me.

Speaking of the hayseed…

The Browns have had a pretty good chemistry since OBJ has been out, but he's about to come back. Watch what happens. 
Reply/Quote
If the Browns win a super bowl before we do, I may consider retirement from football.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 11:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The Browns have had a pretty good chemistry since OBJ has been out, but he's about to come back. Watch what happens. 

This happens all the time with bad teams...they get talented players that "throw off their chemistry" and then they send them to Tom Brady for next to nothing and he wins a lot of games with them.  If the Browns are still "the bad Browns" they'll get worse with OBJ and then they'll get rid of him and still be the bad Browns.

The last 2 games the Browns played they've had the ball and needed a TD to win the game and both times they've blown it.  If having OBJ on the field wouldn't make them more likely to win, well...then they really are a crap franchise.  Any good player that makes a crap franchise worse just ends up with Tom Terrific who somehow does well with them...wacky.

You had the Randy Moss thing, but right now Brady has overpaid cancer maniac Suh, insane AB, arsehole Fournette, a HC the Steelers had as an OC but had to fire because Tim Tebow embarrassed their defense....I could go on.  It's like a Bad News bears down in Tampon Bay.  The Browns will trade OBJ for a conditional 9th round CFL pick and then they'll have that vaunted chemistry they've lacked for the past 25 years.
Reply/Quote
The Browns currently look like the best team in the division. I feel like we are trending in the right direction and would love to be able to threaten them for that claim. I like our chances against Baltimore and Pitt, although there are no cupcakes in this division.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 11:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I seriously doubt it. They went toe-to-toe with KC at Arrowhead. Baker might not be good enough to win them a Super Bowl (fingers crossed), but that’s a really good team up there. He’s really the only question mark for me.

Speaking of the hayseed…

Soooooooooooooooooooo, what's the opposite of clutch?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Rats having lost to the Raiders now have to beat the Chiefs to avoid 0-2. Likewise the Stains have to beat the Texans to avoid 0-2.

I suspect the Ravens lose and the Stains win. I also am thinking both we and the Stealers win.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 10:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: as much as i want to...

You can never write the steelers off it seems

Their defense will keep them in games. Don't really expect much out of Roethlisberger's arm.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 11:52 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Soooooooooooooooooooo, what's the opposite of clutch?

Dutch?  Ninja

[Image: austin-powers-dutch.gif]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Hate the Browns but gotta keep it real
Dude played lights out !!
Browns looked sick. Ditto w Mayfield.
Was very impressed.

(09-14-2021, 11:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I seriously doubt it. They went toe-to-toe with KC at Arrowhead. Baker might not be good enough to win them a Super Bowl (fingers crossed), but that’s a really good team up there. He’s really the only question mark for me.

Speaking of the hayseed…

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 02:22 PM)Whacked Wrote: Hate the Browns but gotta keep it real
Dude played lights out !!
Browns looked sick. Ditto w Mayfield.
Was very impressed.

Yeah, I'll save the "Same ol' Browns" declarations for dumbass Steelers WRs for now.  
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 10:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: You can never write the steelers off it seems

You would be a fool too. A bad season for them is 500. Id love nothing more than that team to stink for a decade and more but they always find a way...
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 03:13 PM)GodFather Wrote: You would be a fool too. A bad season for them is 500. Id love nothing more than that team to stink for a decade and more but they always find a way...

Plus they started the year by winning as 6.5 point under dogs in Buffalo.  I'd hold off on the funeral march for them, at least until week 2.
Reply/Quote