Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ/AD to new team next year
(10-31-2019, 01:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lol AJ could stay here and maybe play with Burrow or Tua, or follow Andy Dalton...

Broncos and Bears picking up Dalton would be fitting. Neither has been able to field a decent QB in years (and don’t give me the corpse of Peyton Manning).

AJ could stay here, but right now he wants long term and MB doesn't.  If he wants something different than MB I'm not betting MB backs down, but we shall see.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:05 PM)mt415tress Wrote: Correct.  To trade up to get him as well, when it was not needed, is Bengal level incompetence. 

Getting a guy you can sell as "maybe still good was almost an MVP once" for a steal or as a FA could help offset things.  Sort of like the Cardinals getting Palmer for a song after trading way too much for Kevin Kolb.
Reply/Quote
We’re keeping Dalton until season is over for insurance. Probably couldn’t have gotten much more for him now than later. We will use money from having QB on a rookie deal to help pay for AJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
All I'm sure of about regarding what will happen with these two is that the Bengals will want to unload Andy's $17.7M contract for next season, which they can do by releasing him or trading him. AJ is a free agent and I am willing to bet the offer the Bengals put forth will be a low-ball, short term deal that AJ just won't accept and that offer will come with a few insults attached to make sure he leaves.

Then the front office folks will say that they tried. They'll then talk themselves into believing that Ross' one game wonder will be his norm and they'll not even bother to draft a competent WR to make up for AJ's absence (not that he's been on the field this season, but you get the point).

Reply/Quote
You're the Chicago bears and you decide to move on from Tribisky. You have the choice of trading for a 32 year old Andy Dalton or signing FA 27 year old Teddy Bridgewater. Teddy has a higher career passer rating. One went 6-0 the prior year with a 98.9 passer rating and one went 0-8 with a 79.2 passer rating.

You make the call..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:06 PM)mt415tress Wrote: This is so fake, I cant stop laughing. 

Yes, we drafted AJ green then rushed him to the war room asked him what QB we should draft! And he said ANDY!!!

They were drafted on different nights.. you don't think you would ask your #1 reciever for the next decade and #4 overall pick in the draft his preference at QB? Rumor was it was between Dalton and Kapernick. I'd say Green had some influence there.
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 04:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're the Chicago bears and you decide to move on from Tribisky. You have the choice of trading for a 32 year old Andy Dalton or signing FA 27 year old Teddy Bridgewater. Teddy has a higher career passer rating. One went 6-0 the prior year with a 98.9 passer rating and one went 0-8 with a 79.2 passer rating.

You make the call..

Bears sign Bridgwater...easy answer.  But not every team that wants a vet QB can sign the top FA, right?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 04:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Bears sign Bridgwater...easy answer.  But not every team that wants a vet QB can sign the top FA, right?

Which other team would be in the market?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 04:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Which other team would be in the market?

Time will tell.  I mean, when Tannehill was having yet another losing season with the Dolphins last year who figured he'd be traded and starting for  a team that had benched their starting QB after a winning season?  I don't think Dalton is great and I don't think it's a sin we benched him but I'm not so sure the guy is 100% done as a starting QB.

We've seen Joe Flacco, Ryan Tannehill, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Case Keenum, either go into the year as the starting QB or simply get the nod over non-injured QBs.  
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 04:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're the Chicago bears and you decide to move on from Tribisky. You have the choice of trading for a 32 year old Andy Dalton or signing FA 27 year old Teddy Bridgewater. Teddy has a higher career passer rating. One went 6-0 the prior year with a 98.9 passer rating and one went 0-8 with a 79.2 passer rating.

You make the call..

Depends on how much of thia comes with Bridgewater.  .  .  

WR Michael Thomas...1st team All Pro, Pro Bowl last 2 years
OG Larry Warford……..Pro Bowl last 2 years
RB Alvin Kamara...…….Pro Bowl last 2 years
OT Terron Armstead....Pro Bowl last year
OT Andrus Peat...……..Pro Bowl last year
OC Max Unger...……….Pro Bowl last year
TE Jared Cook...……….Pro Bowl last year
HC Sean Peyton...…….Top 5 offense in the league 11 times in last 13 years

because before he played with that crew around him Teddy had a 86.3 career passer rating and only threw 28 tds in 30 career games.

Before Dalton had to play with the Zach Taylor dumpster fire he had a 88.8 rating and threw 188 tds in just 120 games.

You make the call.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 03:47 PM)BengalChris Wrote: and that offer will come with a few insults attached to make sure he leaves.

WTF
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 04:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Which other team would be in the market?

Imagine if Dallas can't get a deal done with Dak and sign AJ and trade for Andy.
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 04:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF

Witness Troy's text to Whitworth's agent.

Reply/Quote

You make the call..

You pimping Teddy now?  Shocked

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
One thing the forum reaction to the benching has done is show who amongst the Anti-Andy folks were just feeling the team needed a change at the position and the ones who are just being venomous. I have no issue with the first group and indeed despite being pro-Andy stated right off that a change was necessary - I just feel it was done in possibly the most classless and ham handed manner possible. The second group are the kind of posters that make forums toxic.
Reply/Quote
Aj needs to stay here. We gotta pay him what he wants DO NOT let him walk.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lol AJ could stay here and maybe play with Burrow or Tua, or follow Andy Dalton...

Broncos and Bears picking up Dalton would be fitting. Neither has been able to field a decent QB in years (and don’t give me the corpse of Peyton Manning).

Just because the injuries caught up with him in the last year I'd hardly call Peyton's assault on the NFL record books he had in Denver a corpse year.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 04:14 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: They were drafted on different nights.. you don't think you would ask your #1 reciever for the next decade and #4 overall pick in the draft his preference at QB? Rumor was it was between Dalton and Kapernick. I'd say Green had some influence there.
Negative. The issue was Gruden wanted Dalton and MB wanted Ryan Mallett from Arkansas. Green had zero input into a draft pick...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 06:34 PM)Joelist Wrote: One thing the forum reaction to the benching has done is show who amongst the Anti-Andy folks were just feeling the team needed a change at the position and the ones who are just being venomous. I have no issue with the first group and indeed despite being pro-Andy stated right off that a change was necessary - I just feel it was done in possibly the most classless and ham handed manner possible. The second group are the kind of posters that make forums toxic.

I'm just more interested in seeing if Mike Brown can part on decent terms with any franchise QB.  He might not be around to run the next guy outta town!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 08:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm just more interested in seeing if Mike Brown can part on decent terms with any franchise QB.  He might not be around to run the next guy outta town!
I am sure he will be around. The guy is the Micheal Myers of the NFL. He never dies and he kills everything good when he is around.
Reply/Quote