Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Fined 11k, Others Also Fined
Didn't see this anywhere, but AJ Green was fined 11 grand just for punting the ball into the stands.

Seems stupid to me because the punt was very unlikely to injure anyone, which it didn't, and what makes it even more stupid is that it's almost half of Mike Mitchell's fine ($23,152), which the NFL is supposed to be (and has been, in other cases) taking a huge stance against head-to-head hits for player safety.

I guess when you play for the Steelers, possibly altering another player's life is only a little bit worse than punting a ball into the stands.

Here's the entire article:

Quote:You get a fine, you get a fine, everybody gets a fine.

Well, close to everybody.

Among the more than $138,000 in fines passed out from last Sunday’s Steelers-Bengals game was a fine of $11,576 to Bengals star wide receiver A.J. Green for punting the ball into the stands after his touchdown catch.

Green was letting some (expensive) frustration out after his team lost quarterback Andy Dalton to a thumb injury and the Steelers seized control of the game.

Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict racked up fines from three different incidents in the game totaling $69,454. Steelers safety Mike Mitchell got his team’s biggest fine at $23,152 for the hit on a defenseless player that knocked Tyler Eifert out of the game and this week’s game; the Steelers in total were fined more than $40,000.

I also love how the article kisses their ass, like everyone else, and acts like they're the victims of unspeakable bias of being fined "more than $40,000," but fails to point out that 40k leaves a remainder of almost $100,000 (100k) in fines against the Bengals.

Typical.
Reply/Quote
It's not the ball itself that could have injured, but rather the drunlken lunatics going for - even fighting for - the ball that could have led to an injury. That's why it's not a good a idea and the fine is in place. Got no problem with that at all.

Not to mention it was AJ's first (hopefully of many) TD pass in the NFL. On Bengals Line he sounded a bit bummed that AJ gave away his souvenir, and later on the week Lap said the Bengals were "negotiating" with the fan for the ball. Probably trying to get some free tickets and swag.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Thing that gets me is that I am pretty sure AJ's punt fine is more than DeCastro's eye gouging/facemask ripping fine. Also still the non-existent repercussions for making death threats against Bengals players.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote