Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Fined Over $5000!
The NFL is flat-out stupid now. They're fining AJ over 10 grand for launching the ball into the stands after his touchdown, which ended up not even being a touchdown because Whit got called for holding.

Quote:It's not often you see a Bengals offensive player fined, but that happened this week for something rather trivial.

Wide receiver A.J. Green has been fined $5,787 for throwing a football into the stands during Sunday's 27-24 win over the Seahawks, according to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk. The play in question happened in the first quarter on the Bengals' second offensive series.

On the play, Green beat several Seahawks defenders for deep pass that he took to the house for a 72-yard touchdown. As Green ran into the endzone, he chucked the ball into the stands, which is illegal in the NFL.

[Image: Animation_47.0.gif]

Quote:Making matters worse for Green is the play didn't even count, as Andrew Whitworth was flagged for holding on the play, negating Green's score. I'm sure Green will take solace in knowing his team won Sunday, not to mention he just inked a four-year, $60-million extension this offseason. It's worth noting that had Green simply handed the ball to a fan in the stands, he would not have been fined, just like the Jermaine Gresham/Saints fiasco last year.

The money collected from fined players does go to charity, so at least the money will go to a good cause.

Sometimes, the NFL's not even fun to watch anymore.

You can't play with emotion, you can't celebrate, you can't hit harder than is allowed in two-hand-touch football on the playground, and you sure as shit can't have fun.

How soon before they outlaw high-fives?

(AJ's run was still sick as hell, though!)
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 08:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The NFL is flat-out stupid now.  They're fining AJ over 10 grand for launching the ball into the stands after his touchdown, which ended up not even being a touchdown because Whit got called for holding.

You can't play with emotion, you can't celebrate, you can't hit harder than is allowed in two-hand-touch football on the playground, and you sure as shit can't have fun.

I wonder if the fine, since it goes to charity, can be written off as a tax deduction.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
That ball was perfection.
Reply/Quote
This has already been posted, Brad. C'mon man.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 08:56 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: This has already been posted, Brad. C'mon man.

Yes, but this one is more exciting because of the exclamation point. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 08:52 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: That ball was perfection.

The days of our receivers making adjustments or slowing down for most long balls seems to be gone. Andy is throwing the nicest deep pass in the NFL this year.
Reply/Quote
Was Andy Dalton's cousin hot?

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 09:03 PM)djs7685 Wrote: The days of our receivers making adjustments or slowing down for most long balls seems to be gone. Andy is throwing the nicest deep pass in the NFL this year.

Indeed. This is probably the number one improvement from a mechanics viewpoint  I've seen this year. There was a time where virtually all of Dalton's deep passes required the guy to slow down and hope he didn't get his teeth knocked out waiting for the ball to get to him. I don't think I've seen that once this year. Very pleased.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 08:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The NFL is flat-out stupid now.  They're fining AJ over 10 grand for launching the ball into the stands after his touchdown, which ended up not even being a touchdown because Whit got called for holding.

I knew he was getting fined the moment he did it, as it is illegal.

And for good reason.  Pasted from PFT:

Under NFL rules, handing the ball to a fan is permitted, and players do that every Sunday without getting fined. But the NFL worries that throwing the ball into the stands could be a fan safety issue: Fans may run into each other while trying to catch the ball, start fighting over the ball, or even fall over a railing while reaching for a ball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Meh. I think he can more than afford it.

How 'bout that catch and run though?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 09:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I knew he was getting fined the moment he did it, as it is illegal.

And for good reason.  Pasted from PFT:

Under NFL rules, handing the ball to a fan is permitted, and players do that every Sunday without getting fined. But the NFL worries that throwing the ball into the stands could be a fan safety issue: Fans may run into each other while trying to catch the ball, start fighting over the ball, or even fall over a railing while reaching for a ball.

Baseball skirts this rule by allowing all balls in stands to be kept but at the fans own risk.

No stadium has successfully been sued even though many severe injuries have occurred. 

Think a football would be less of a risk personally.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
60 million minus 10k.. It's going to be lots of Ramen noodles for AJ. Only $59,990,000 left!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm pumped! Nice thread Brad.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Must be nice to be able to just toss $10,000 into the stands. I'll try that next time I go to a game right after I win the megamillions lottery. Reserve your seats early.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 10:38 PM)grampahol Wrote: 60 million minus 10k.. It's going to be lots of Ramen noodles for AJ. Only $59,990,000  left!

(10-16-2015, 11:51 PM)grampahol Wrote: Must be nice to be able to just toss $10,000 into the stands. I'll try that next time I go to a game right after I win the megamillions lottery. Reserve your seats early.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote