Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green
During the third hour of the Dan Patrick show today, they talked about the Bengals for about 10 minutes.  One thing that they said that I thought was interesting is that when AJ Green is active, the Bengals win 60% of their games (66-44-1).  When AJ is injured and not active, they only win 23% of their games (5-17-1).

http://www.danpatrick.com/dp-podcasts/  - Hour 3 - Josh Norman (10-16-19) starting at the 12:35 mark.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 05:59 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: During the third hour of the Dan Patrick show today, they talked about the Bengals for about 10 minutes.  One thing that they said that I thought was interesting is that when AJ Green is active, the Bengals win 60% of their games (66-44-1).  When AJ is injured and not active, they only win 23% of their games (5-17-1).

http://www.danpatrick.com/dp-podcasts/  - Hour 3 - Josh Norman (10-16-19) starting at the 12:35 mark.
We're 15-20 (43%) when Green has started a game since 2016 (the year he started missing a lot of games). Still a big difference.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Even crazier, when AJ is injured 63% of Bengals fans say that it is a blessing in disguise and Dalton won't be locking on one WR anymore!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 06:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Even crazier, when AJ is injured 63% of Bengals fans say that it is a blessing in disguise and Dalton won't be locking on one WR anymore!

I feel like we're 6-0 right now IF AJ was healthy...but Auden Tate and John Ross don't have their 1 good game each that fans will talk about all offseason.
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/10/16/mark-chmura-wants-terrible-bengals-trade-a-j-green-packers/4003262002/

Chmura: I want (the Packers) to trade for A.J. Green. ... And I'll tell you why ... I think we need one more difference-maker on this offense. A.J. Green clearly wants out of Cincinnati. I think (Mike) Brown there is tighter than two coats of paint, meaning he is cheap. And he's willing to deal him because he does not want to pay him next year.

Neitzel: I mean I would be on board for that. That seems to be the type of risk if you can get him for a mid-round pick, which I think you should be able to - that's the type of risk I'm cool with. Like, I don't know if his health is going to hold up but ...

Chmura: No, I think his ankles, I think he's fine. He's just ...

Neitzel: Well, sure, but he's had injury issues the last couple years. So I don't know if his body's falling apart.

Chmura: He plays for Cincinnati.

Neitzel: I don't know if his body's falling apart is the issue, Chew.

Chmura: If I played for Cincinnati, I'd have injury issues, too. Because I wouldn't want to play there. Because they're terrible. It's terrible ownership. And he wants out of there. If you can get him - I would even say for a third-round pick? You know? I think there's still a lot of value. I mean, he's pretty good, Gabe. When he's good, he's good.

No basis in reality, just speculation. But, I thought I'd share.
Reply/Quote
That sounds more like a conversation you’d overhear at a bar than a well informed discussion between two football pundits. I’m guessing their source is Barstool Sports, corroborated by a random tweet containing an AJ meme from week 2.
Reply/Quote
We suck without AJ?

[Image: WTaLhWe.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Doc's take...

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/blogs/daugherty-blog/2019/10/17/tml-ohio-bengals-jaguars-green-bay-packers-a-j-green-mike-brown-nfl-football-pittsburgh-steelers/4006888002/

How many ways is this wrong?

1. Green has never even hinted he wants out. He might just be playing the game, sure. But if Chmura knew him five minutes, he’d realize that’s not Green’s style.

2. Mike Brown would pay him what he’s worth, if he were convinced Green’s lower-leg injuries weren’t chronic. I’m guessing that’s what the rest of this year is partly about. The team’s frugality shows at other positions, i.e., offensive line. Not for so-called “skill" players. Ask Chad Johnson and Gio Bernard.

3. A “mid-round pick"? That’s laughable.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 12:19 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Doc's take...

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/blogs/daugherty-blog/2019/10/17/tml-ohio-bengals-jaguars-green-bay-packers-a-j-green-mike-brown-nfl-football-pittsburgh-steelers/4006888002/

How many ways is this wrong?

1. Green has never even hinted he wants out. He might just be playing the game, sure. But if Chmura knew him five minutes, he’d realize that’s not Green’s style.

2. Mike Brown would pay him what he’s worth, if he were convinced Green’s lower-leg injuries weren’t chronic. I’m guessing that’s what the rest of this year is partly about. The team’s frugality shows at other positions, i.e., offensive line. Not for so-called “skill" players. Ask Chad Johnson and Gio Bernard.

3. A “mid-round pick"? That’s laughable.

I'd say that's all accurate.

And I think the Bengals will try to keep Green. That said, is keeping Green the right call? Well I think that depends on if you feel like this team needs rebuilt or not. And it's hard to make a case that they don't.

But, for all we know...maybe MB thinks this team is 4-2 with Green.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
no more AJ threads unless that fool decides to play this year for this junk team, or move on.
I can't believe anyone would train their whole life and say they dream to play for the Bengals, AJ is lying to everyone. Nobody would dream to play for this team. Nobody would want to play or coach this team unless the money was talking, and not from anyone else.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 08:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: no more AJ threads unless that fool decides to play this year for this junk team, or move on.
I can't believe anyone would train their whole life and say they dream to play for the Bengals, AJ is lying to everyone. Nobody would dream to play for this team. Nobody would want to play or coach this team unless the money was talking, and not from anyone else.

He's being politically correct.
Reply/Quote