Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green
(08-18-2020, 03:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It may not make sense to you but a QB's demeanor can have an impact on how his team mates perform. I remember Lomas Brown stating how he didn't block real hard for Former Bengal great Scott Mitchell. I'm quite certain he's not the only player to ever adjust their play based off QB.

Wondering if Fred has watched any of these vids of Burrow's teammates speaking of the way he came in and just commanded
respect. Got into a fight with Devin White in practice and all his teammates took notice etc.

(08-18-2020, 03:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Some players benefit from being benched, whether it is so they can watch and learn, or so they get the point they are not locked into a starting role. Then again, some don't and can't handle it.

And they are wimps if they can't handle, so hit the road.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 04:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wondering if Fred has watched any of these vids of Burrow's teammates speaking of the way he came in and just commanded
respect. Got into a fight with Devin White in practice and all his teammates took notice etc.

I wonder if Nate really read them because I never heard of Burrow and White getting into a fight.  I deal in reality instead of hype and mythology.

And unlike many of you here I actually saw Burrow playing in 2018.  His teammates might have respected him but his opponents didn't.

If Joe Burrow is a magical leader who does not even need receivers to get open because he can "throw them open" then why the hell did it take him 5 years to become a productive college QB?

I like Burrow a lot, but some people here lose touch with reality when they talk about him.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 04:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I wonder if Nate really read them because I never heard of Burrow and White getting into a fight.  I deal in reality instead of hype and mythology.

And unlike many of you here I actually saw Burrow playing in 2018.  His teammates might have respected him but his opponents didn't.

If Joe Burrow is a magical leader who does not even need receivers to get open because he can "throw them open" then why the hell did it take him 5 years to become a productive college QB?

I like Burrow a lot, but some people here lose touch with reality when they talk about him.

Sounds like you haven't been studying up on him recently or heard his teammates speak of these things.

They wouldn't say Burrow and White got into a fight if it didn't happen = Reality.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 04:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Joe Burrow is a magical leader who does not even need receivers to get open because he can "throw them open" then why the hell did it take him 5 years to become a productive college QB?

Uh, because he worked hard and improved himself every year to reach his Heisman/Natl. Champion season??????
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 04:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I wonder if Nate really read them because I never heard of Burrow and White getting into a fight.  I deal in reality instead of hype and mythology.

Devin White was talking shit about the offense in 2018 and Burrow fought back and before ending up in fisticuffs, they had to be broken up.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/4/19/21217447/joe-burrow-lsu-tigers-football-nfl-draft-2020-bengals

Short quote from Clyde, but he elaborates on it elsewhere (YT).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
This is probably what his teammates were talking about. Doesn't say how far it went....
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/4/19/21217447/joe-burrow-lsu-tigers-football-nfl-draft-2020-bengals

Quote:When asked about how Burrow came in and became a leader at LSU, running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire said that he won their respect when he was tested by another team leader and top five draft pick in 2019.

“Devin White was chirping at him in practice and Joe started coming back at him.”

White was testing him, and in that moment, he won not only the respect of the star linebacker but of the entire team.

This fearlessness is something that wide receiver Justin Jefferson notes as one of Burrow’s best leadership qualities. He says that Burrow was not nervous even on the biggest stage.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 04:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Devin White was talking shit about the offense in 2018 and Burrow fought back and before ending up in fisticuffs, they had to be broken up.

Short quote from Clyde, but he elaborates on it elsewhere (YT).

I heard about them yapping in practice.  White even made some sort of bet that he would pick one of Burrows passes in spring practice.  But I never heard anything about any "fight".  

Devin White would have beat the shit out of Joe.  
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 04:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I heard about them yapping in practice.  White even made some sort of bet that he would pick one of Burrows passes in spring practice.  But I never heard anything about any "fight".  

Devin White would have beat the shit out of Joe.  

You would think a Linebacker would beat the shit out of a QB, so what?

It is about the fight in him.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 04:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Uh, because he worked hard and improved himself every year to reach his Heisman/Natl. Champion season??????

That would make sense if he had improved every year, but he didn't.  After four full seasons he was a below average college QB (12th ranked in 14 team SEC), then in one offseason he supposedly became the greatest ever.

I think a lot of it had to do with the coaching change before 2019 (Brady) and LSU having the best O-line in the country plus a WR taken #20 in the draft and a RB taken #32.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You would think a Linebacker would beat the shit out of a QB, so what?

It is about the fight in him.

There was no fight.  That is the point.  A simple story about him jawing with a guy in practice turns into "He fought Devon White".  

Devin White was a fierce player for LSU in 2018.  I am sure it impressed some of his teammates when Joe chirped back at him.  But why turn it into a legend instead of the truth.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 05:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There was no fight.  That is the point.  A simple story about him jawing with a guy in practice turns into "He fought Devon White".  

Devin White was a fierce player for LSU in 2018.  I am sure it impressed some of his teammates when Joe chirped back at him.  But why turn it into a legend instead of the truth.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 05:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There was no fight.  That is the point.  A simple story about him jawing with a guy in practice turns into "He fought Devon White".  

Who is turning it into a legend for heck sake? It is what his teammates said and they provided links to prove it.

Just saying this is probably not something Dalton would do. You are losing it man. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 04:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote:

Lot's of folks do that when talking about their QB. I remember many on here losing touch on reality when talking about a certain red head. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow killed Bin Laden.

He threw a football off a helicopter a good 200 yards out. The ball hit Osama so hard in the chest his heart exploded.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 08:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Joe Burrow killed Bin Laden.  

He threw a football off a helicopter a good 200 yards out. The ball hit Osama so hard in the chest his heart exploded.

There is the legend. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 08:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Joe Burrow killed Bin Laden.

When LSU visited the white house, you'd think that the master of ceremonies thought that's what happened.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 05:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That would make sense if he had improved every year, but he didn't.  After four full seasons he was a below average college QB (12th ranked in 14 team SEC), then in one offseason he supposedly became the greatest ever.

I think a lot of it had to do with the coaching change before 2019 (Brady) and LSU having the best O-line in the country plus a WR taken #20 in the draft and a RB taken #32.

Well he currently has a WR drafted #4 and one drafted #9 so I guess he has better skill position talent on this team huh? Lol
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 09:40 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Well he currently has a WR drafted #4 and one drafted #9 so I guess he has better skill position talent on this team huh? Lol

Exactly and just because LSU won an award doesn't mean they were the best O-line in the country either.

Cannot understand Fred saying he watched Burrow so much and didn't see him getting hit constantly.

I sure saw it. They were a good run blocking O-line but weren't near as good in pass protection.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 09:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly and just because LSU won an award doesn't mean they were the best O-line in the country either.

Cannot understand Fred saying he watched Burrow so much and didn't see him getting hit constantly.

I sure saw it. They were a good run blocking O-line but weren't near as good in pass protection.

Well, they did have a good Oline. And their Oline was far more successful against competition than what Burrow is working with this year. Either way, the guy had the best college season a QB has ever had soooo... does it mean he will be an NFL success instantly? No. Will he be good? All indications are yes.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 10:17 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Well, the did have a good Oline. And their Oline was far more successful against competition than what Burrow is working with this year. Either way, the guy had the best college season a QB has ever had soooo... does it mean he will be an NFL success instantly? No. Will he be good? All indications are yes.

Agreed, just don't believe that an award given makes you the best O-line in college football.

I saw Burrow get hit constantly and avoiding pressure while escaping the pocket cause of poor protection.

Very good run blocking O-line though for sure.

Thought Alabama's O-line was better from what I saw in both pass and run blocking.
Reply/Quote