Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green
So I think we all agree he doesn’t look like the AJ of old. Is it age? Injuries? Not playing in so long? Combination of all is likely. Can he learn to be a different type receiver? Can his body hold up if he does? What is everyone’s opinion? I remember hearing in the off-season On the radio no WR over 31 or 32 (can’t remember exactly) has missed an entire season due to injury and then came back to have another 1000 season in his career. This surprised me. So he is trying to accomplish something that hasn’t been done before. Sucks for AJ because he seems like such a good dude.
Reply/Quote
We’ll know more in a few weeks. Right now I’m chalking it up to rust and lack of reps with Burrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:26 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: So I think we all agree he doesn’t look like the AJ of old. Is it age? Injuries? Not playing in so long? Combination of all is likely. Can he learn to be a different type receiver? Can his body hold up if he does? What is everyone’s opinion? I remember hearing in the off-season On the radio no WR over 31 or 32 (can’t remember exactly) has missed an entire season due to injury and then came back to have another 1000 season in his career. This surprised me. So he is trying to accomplish something that hasn’t been done before. Sucks for AJ because he seems like such a good dude.

Maybe AJ surprises everyone, but he'd be going against the trend.
This is why myself and others said not to FT him or give him an extension.
However, there weren't a lot of great WRs to pick up in FA this past offseason, but that money could have maybe gone to an upgrade at OL or something. And they could have rolled with Boyd, Tate, Higgins, and Ross for a season.
In regards to next offseason, I'd be down for someone like Allen Robinson or Sammy Watkins if looking for a WR1/2, or maybe Kenny Stills if looking for a deep threat WR3/4.
But the OL is the top priority before receiver is even thought of.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:26 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: So I think we all agree he doesn’t look like the AJ of old. Is it age? Injuries? Not playing in so long? Combination of all is likely. Can he learn to be a different type receiver? Can his body hold up if he does? What is everyone’s opinion? I remember hearing in the off-season On the radio no WR over 31 or 32 (can’t remember exactly) has missed an entire season due to injury and then came back to have another 1000 season in his career. This surprised me. So he is trying to accomplish something that hasn’t been done before. Sucks for AJ because he seems like such a good dude.

All I know is Ward lined up against A.J. Green on 16 plays in coverage and Green was targeted 7 times for only 2 receptions for 14 yards. Ward pressed Green at the line of scrimmage on 11 of those 16 plays. AJ HAS to do better than that and create separation.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:38 PM)higgy100 Wrote: All I know is Ward lined up against A.J. Green on 16 plays in coverage and Green was targeted 7 times for only 2 receptions for 14 yards. Ward pressed Green at the line of scrimmage on 11 of those 16 plays. AJ HAS to do better than that and create separation.

How many of those throws were accurate by Burrow?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:39 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: How many of those throws were accurate by Burrow?

Not all but plenty of them were. Ward was a blanket on him so even with good throws it doesn't matter. You have to run guys off with crisp patterns or use your body to create separation.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:41 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Not all but plenty of them were. Ward was a blanket on him so even with good throws it doesn't matter. You have to run guys off with crisp patterns or use your body to create separation.

How many drops does AJ have? He was getting plenty of seperation and Browns were doubling him frequently.
Reply/Quote
AJ is older probably has lost a step but the hands and tough catches are there.. If Burrow had been more accurate in the first two games.. he would have a couple/few down the field plays. Hopefully that changes soon
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: AJ is older probably has lost a step but the hands and tough catches are there.. If Burrow had been more accurate in the first two games.. he would have a couple/few down the field plays.  Hopefully that changes soon
with the injury its going to probably take until week 8 for full throttle AJ. I agree with this. Burrow is more to blame than AJ imo.  AJ still is a elite receiver IMO. Id like to see more AJ in the slot
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:04 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: with the injury its going to probably take until week 8 for full throttle AJ. I agree with this. Burrow is more to blame than AJ imo.  AJ still is a elite receiver IMO. Id like to see more AJ in the slot

I agree. also Ross is just no help to AJ.. I like to see him rotated out more and more... I sure Burrow and AJ will get better together... im thinking by Jacksonville, they will be more connected
Reply/Quote

I think he's fine, he'll get it going numbers wise as the season progresses.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:04 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: with the injury its going to probably take until week 8 for full throttle AJ. I agree with this. Burrow is more to blame than AJ imo.  AJ still is a elite receiver IMO. Id like to see more AJ in the slot

Not even close. And I love AJ. Him and Chad are my favorite Bengals ever. But c’mon...

Reply/Quote
This Dude is done. Adios after the year. 13 targets 3 catches for like 20 yards is ugly.. You can see he has lost a step.. This isn't the same old AJ Green. He's  regressing pretty good now and it's not gonna stop miraculously...Gotta move on next year unfortunately..At this point he is losing money like crazy. He isn't gonna get near what he wanted..
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 04:09 PM)Tony Wrote: This Dude is done. Adios after the year. 13 targets 3 catches for like 20 yards is ugly.. You can see he has lost a step.. This isn't the same old AJ Green. He's  regressing pretty good now and it's not gonna stop miraculously...Gotta move on next year unfortunately..At this point he is losing money like crazy. He isn't gonna get near what he wanted..

This is why I was wondering if he could transition into more of a possession receiver that works the middle of the field more and shorter routes. Just not sure he could stay healthy. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:30 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote:  This is why I was wondering if he could transition into more of a possession receiver that works the middle of the field more and shorter routes. Just not sure he could stay healthy. 

No way.. #83 is holding down the slot fine.. I want tate active in gameday. We are hurting in redzone efficiency again..
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:30 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote:  This is why I was wondering if he could transition into more of a possession receiver that works the middle of the field more and shorter routes. Just not sure he could stay healthy. 

I actually agree with you, but I don't know how he could fill that role here.

The way he looks right now reminds very much of Larry Fitzgerald in his later years.  A guy who's going to get 700-900 yards at like a 10.0 YPR average.
Reply/Quote
AJ has issues with drops... he isn't going to be our possession WR lol
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 08:19 PM)Tony Wrote:  No way.. #83 is holding down the slot fine.. I want tate active in gameday. We are hurting in redzone efficiency again..

Tate runs better routes and has better hands than AJ Green?
Reply/Quote
Let him get back into form its been 2 years he's shaking some rust off..did you guys see that diving catch on the sidelines? It was out of bounds but still a hell of a catch..he's had a few nice grabs.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
AJ will be fine, it will just take him a few games to be back to old form. For one thing, the first few times he was hit, he was slow getting up like he was expecting to be hurt. He seems to be getting over that mental hurdle, as he is popping up quicker with each hit. He's just knocking the rust off.
Reply/Quote