Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liked what I saw from WRs today
These guys are vet guys and the ones that aren't vet guys have an abundance of either height or speed. Dalton could make these guys look good in his sleep.

With that said AJ Green gets better every year and Lafell will be open ALOT when Eifert and Kroft return. Also when we establish our run game a little better. People forget the Jets were a top ranked defense so we weren't really supposed to roll over them. Just like Pittsburg next week.
Reply/Quote
People are still being purposely blind...

Ceej will have more yards and receptions than Kroft this year, not the other way around.

We have found our second TE. Kroft will be mainly a blocker.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 11:20 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: People are still being purposely blind...

Ceej will have more yards and receptions than Kroft this year, not the other way around.

We have found our second TE. Kroft will be mainly a blocker.

This would be a good bet to take this season. I think Kroft sees more snaps. I only say that because when Eifert is back he'll be the more experienced TE in the run game and Marvin is known to have love affairs with blocking TEs.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:57 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm still foggy on him...

I didn't like the lack of rushing attempts in this game... but I understand why to some extent. I feel like it was a confounding problem though, less running meant more pass rush which meant less rushing which meant MORE pass rush.

Other than that though, he called a pretty good game. I still think Andy has full reigns on it though. Wouldn't be surprised if Andy called 80% of the plays.

Thats the thing though, i have never been impressed with Zamp as a QB's coach before so i was
definately questioning if he could be a good OC. So it was a change for the good even if Dalton was
calling a lot of the plays. Reminded me as if Hue never left.

(09-11-2016, 10:02 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: The way we got abused up front, the run wasn't there in my eyes. I thought Z Called a great game.

Great adjustments whoever was calling them.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Zampese impressed me

This is what I'll have to disagree with. I don't believe he called that great of a game. Only called 5 run plays in the first quarter with 25 pass plays. That's not exactly how you win games.

I understand that the defensive line was dominating. But you can't abandon the run game, especially when your QB was showing signs of being rattled (missed two TD throws to Uzomah) and he was sacked 5 times in the first half.

I just wasn't impressed with Zampese. He was very one sided. Even in thsi first half the running game wasn't doing bad at all. 5 runs for 17 yards. Hill averaged 4 YPC in the first half and they abandoned the run and decided to keep throwing while Dalton was getting beaten up.

Two of the biggest plays on offense were because of Dalton. He audibled the TD throw to Green (Green confirmed that on NFL Network) and then he also audibled the throw to LaFell on 3rd down for 21 yards which set up the TD to Green.

But it was his first game, so there's going to be some growing pains. I just wasn't impressed because there has to be some things cleaned up.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:37 PM)M.W. Wrote: Not utilizing Gio's  strengths has become the norm, no surprise at all.

He's the guy they seem to bring in late to be fresh and give a change of pace.  I'd like to see a few more touches by him earlier myself, but I am not the coach.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote