Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green
His juggling talents came into play for him today.

As far as being able to concentrate on the ball with poise, no better receiver in the NFL than Green.
Reply/Quote
Didn't get to see it live because I headed inside to get food. Figured they had a minute left and Marvin would run out the clock. The cheer that erupted from everyone else clued me in to my mistake. His timing was much better than mine.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Is the Man !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 08:56 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Is the Man !

I guess his juggling practice paid off today Wink
Reply/Quote
The NBC pregame showed it (only once, if it were a Jet or Giant that made that catch they'd be playing it on a loop, but I digress) and Rodney Harrison had to pipe up about it being sheer luck. That followed his other snark about Hill being a talent provided the Bengals play the Browns every week/. Seriously, does a Bengal owe him money or something? What a douche.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 09:32 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The NBC pregame showed it (only once, if it were a Jet or Giant that made that catch they'd be playing it on a loop, but I digress) and Rodney Harrison had to pipe up about it being sheer luck.  That followed his other snark about Hill being a talent provided the Bengals play the Browns every week/.  Seriously, does a Bengal owe him  money or something?  What a douche.

AJ's TD catch was named Geico play of the Day. Secondly, the lame-game announcers kept calling AJ's catch a tipped ball (ostensibly by a defender). NO! Green skied and one handed the ball, bobbled it trying to get control - and finally did. ALL AJ. Wink Wink Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 09:32 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The NBC pregame showed it (only once, if it were a Jet or Giant that made that catch they'd be playing it on a loop, but I digress) and Rodney Harrison had to pipe up about it being sheer luck.  That followed his other snark about Hill being a talent provided the Bengals play the Browns every week/.  Seriously, does a Bengal owe him  money or something?  What a douche.
At least Dungy was giving AJ his due. 

Reply/Quote

The Patriots players only like the pats.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 09:37 PM)Derrick Wrote: AJ's TD catch was named Geico play of the Day. Secondly, the lame-game announcers kept calling AJ's catch a tipped ball (ostensibly by a defender). NO! Green skied and one handed the ball, bobbled it trying to get control - and finally did. ALL AJ. Wink Wink Wink

That could explain it, I work feverishly to avoid commercials.  It was a tip drill of supreme effort, and not something just anyone on the field could have done.  That makes it more about AJ than luck, Mr. Harrison's assertion to the contrary aside.   
Reply/Quote
The best comment I ever heard about AJ Green came from the Miami Dolphins message board during their Thursday Night loss to the Bengals: "So that's what a wide receiver is supposed to look like; he catches everything thrown within five yards of him!"
Reply/Quote
Don't worry, next week we'll only target him once in the entire first half then wonder why our offense looks like crap. Whatever
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 09:54 PM)J24 Wrote: The Patriots players only like the pats.

Do they even know there are other teams?  Or just the teams their master (Belichick) tells them about?
Reply/Quote

Rodney Harrison is another thug!  Another guy I'd like to lock inside a room with Burfict.

Speaking of thugs, for me, there isn't many things any sweeter than seeing the Stteelers HTIC (Head Thug In Charge), Tomlin, squirm on the sidelines and lose??
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 10:11 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Rodney Harrison is another thug!  Another guy I'd like to lock inside a room with Burfict.

Speaking of thugs, for me, there isn't many things any sweeter than seeing the Stteelers HTIC (Head Thug In Charge), Tomlin, squirm on the sidelines and lose??

I kinda like when he gets involved in plays, too.
Reply/Quote

And he repeated it at half. I guess Rodney thinks he can't do something, then it must be luck when someone else does it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 11:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And he repeated it at half. I guess Rodney thinks he can't do something, then it must be luck when someone else does it.

Yeah, just saw it.  He's just so adamant, like he's personally offended any suggested there was skill involved.  
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 10:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The best comment I ever heard about AJ Green came from the Miami Dolphins message board during their Thursday Night loss to the Bengals:  "So that's what a wide receiver is supposed to look like; he catches everything thrown within five yards of him!"

Hilarious yeah baby 
Reply/Quote