Green - 10th

QB Rating
Erickson (Dalton/Finley) - 76.2
Green (Burrow) - 89.9

Salary
Erickson - 1.7 million
Green - 18.1 million
Reply/Quote
Thought this would be interesting to show just what little value Green has provided thus far.

Alex Erickson was a spot starter in 2019, who played a much, much worse passing offense, with a much, much worse QB. He saw the field about half the time as AJ has, and he only saw about 60% of the targets. Not to mention, he costs 1/10 of the price.

Needless to say, the AJ Green signing has been an absolute disaster. And I think this perfectly illustrates just disastrous it's been. Fwiw, I could have done one of these for Auden Tate vs. AJ as well, and it would have been equally as disappointing.
Reply/Quote
If he could play the way he did in the CLE and IND games, I’d be fine with him as a cheaper #3. If he plays like he did the previous 2 weeks, then heck no.

The high price is what makes this sting. We should just cut both the guys in this thread during the offseason.
Reply/Quote
I don't think anyone is under the illusion that Green is playing up to his contract haha.
Reply/Quote
The ONLY thing really worth pointing out here in favor of AJ Green is that his size allows him to play outside WR whereas Erickson is relegated strictly to slot.

Other than that, AJ Green is performing about the same (or worse if you factor in target differential) as a $2 mill WR.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
AJ Green is certainly outperforming Geno Atkins. 0 sacks 0 tackles. Atkins is giving us the same production we get from practice squad players. ZERO

It's going to be pretty hard to justify Geno making the pro bowl this year. I know the pro bowl can be somewhat of a farce, because a lot of the time players get picked based on past production and not current production, but even Geno will have a hard time making it this year.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2020, 04:24 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: AJ Green is certainly outperforming Geno Atkins.  0 sacks 0 tackles.  Atkins is giving us the same production we get from practice squad players.  ZERO

It's going to be pretty hard to justify Atkins making the pro bowl this year. I know the pro bowl can be somewhat of a farce, because a lot of time players get picked based on past production and not current production, but even Geno will have a hard time making it this year. 

I've mentioned in the past Bengals should also move on from Atkins.
It's clear the team isn't going to accomplish anything with the old core.
Move on and use that money saved toward other FA(s) who are a better fit.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote