Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green Analysis
(07-13-2018, 11:02 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Dalton's point of view? Why not look at it through AJ's point of view, you know the WR that countless times has beat his man and Dalton sails the ball out of bounds not even giving him a chance. AJ Green by most objective observers will go down as the best Bengals Wr in history; I've never understood this hate for him from fans. No WR is perfect but overall he's an elite talent that produces on the field at a very high clip.
And that's saying something.   We have had some bodacious receivers: Curtis, Collinsworth, Brown, Pickens, Scott, Johnson-Cinco, Whoseyourmamma, Henry.

The guys is a total stud.  I was thrilled when we picked him and would do it again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 10:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Frustration and looking lost or uninterested are totally different things.

Accusing AJ Green of taking plays off for “long stretches” is absolutely ridiculous. I only wish some here would hold the QB to such high scrutiny instead of making every excuse under the sun when things don’t go right for him.

I agree on AJ, he was just frustrated last season and it was obvious but plenty of Bengal fans hold Dalton accountable.

Don't say otherwise.

(07-13-2018, 11:02 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Dalton's point of view? Why not look at it through AJ's point of view, you know the WR that countless times has beat his man and Dalton sails the ball out of bounds not even giving him a chance. AJ Green by most objective observers will go down as the best Bengals Wr in history; I've never understood this hate for him from fans. No WR is perfect but overall he's an elite talent that produces on the field at a very high clip.

The O-line coach is where you need to look, not Dalton, once again.

You give Dalton time he will find the great AJ Green.

(07-13-2018, 02:50 PM)3wt Wrote: I think he gave up because Dalton A) had literally no time to throw the ball most of the time and B) After getting knocked around all season Dalton just turned into mush.   So would Brady by the way.  Not a diss on Dalton.   I'm just saying he lost all confidence in our ability to get him the ball - or anyone else.

Spot on as usual. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 02:56 PM)3wt Wrote: And that's saying something.   We have had some bodacious receivers: Curtis, Collinsworth, Brown, Pickens, Scott, Johnson-Cinco, Whoseyourmamma, Henry.

The guys is a total stud.  I was thrilled when we picked him and would do it again.

Probably the most humble and classy WR we have ever had as well.

AJ Green Rocks. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 03:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The O-line coach is where you need to look, not Dalton, once again.

DingDing
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 01:48 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Never said he takes plays off. I said he loses his focus. 
I guess when Dalton misses a wide open Green by sailing the ball out of bounds it’s because he “loses focus?” And it’s not always on the Oline. Dalton missed Green a lot last year even when he had time.
(07-13-2018, 03:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree on AJ, he was just frustrated last season and it was obvious but plenty of Bengal fans hold Dalton accountable.

Don't say otherwise.

The O-line coach is where you need to look, not Dalton, once again.

Spot on as usual. :andy:
Of course some hold him accountable, but there’s plenty that don’t. That’s all I’m pointing out. The inconsistency of making every excuse for one player vs harping on a few bad plays for another.

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 11:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Of course some hold him accountable, but there’s plenty that don’t. That’s all I’m pointing out. The inconsistency of making every excuse for one player vs harping on a few bad plays for another.

The same could be said for people like you and CB who do the same thing with Dalton.

For example....

(07-13-2018, 12:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Name me a WR that doesn’t occasionally have a big drop? I’ll wait...

Name me a QB that doesn't occasionally miss an open receiver.  I'll wait...

I am not here to rip either Green or Dalton.  Just pointing out the hypocrisy.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 12:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The same could be said for people like you and CB who do the same thing with Dalton.

For example....

It’s more than occasionally wrt Dalton missing Geeen. Especially on throws down the sidelines. At least last season. Way more than the 4 drops Green was credited with anyway. Listening to some here Green had 4 drops a game...

And please don’t lump me in as some kind of Dalton hater. My very first thread here was how underrated he is. I just want him to get back to that 2015 level and prove it wasn’t an aberration.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 02:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s more than occasionally wrt Dalton missing Geeen. Especially on throws down the sidelines. At least last season. Way more than the 4 drops Green was credited with anyway. Listening to some here Green had 4 drops a game...

And please don’t lump me in as some kind of Dalton hater. My very first thread here was how underrated he is. I just want him to get back to that 2015 level and prove it wasn’t an aberration.

Completely agree, it has happened throughout his entire career. How many times do you see Dalton sail the ball out of bounds or not throw it deep enough and the defender is able to recover. These are on plays where AJ has clearly beat his man and it is an easy TD. I've seen it happen countless times in the most critical of games.  

Yet we should blame AJ because he gets frustrated once in a blue moon. Give it a break. 
Reply/Quote

Ok, back the truck up.  Where did I show "hate" for him?  Just because you don't polish his statue 24/7 doesn't mean that you hate him.   It means that if you are spending, what, $15 million a year(?) on him, there are going to be high expectations.  That is QB money and he had a down year. 

You point out one or two plays where Dalton missed him.  I remember overcoming two plays that AJ Green turned in to interceptions against Buffalo.  I remember week 1 a few years back against the Bears where AJ Green giftwrapped a bobbled pass for an INT.  It goes both ways. No one on here seems to have an issue pointing out flaws in other players games. 

I do believe he will be the best WR in our history, but right now, I would take Chad at his peak over AJ at his...just on the field.  
Reply/Quote
I was a huge fan of Chad, one of my favorite Bengals ever, but AJ Green is already in much more exclusive company. When Geeen is doing things that only one other WR named Moss has done (1000 yards each of his first 5 seasons) that’s pretty damn impressive. Hell, Chad himself says AJ is better, and we all know he isn’t exactly the most humble guy around.

“To me he’s the greatest (Bengals receiver) of all time because he can do things I wasn’t able to do,” Johnson told Bengals.com. “High-point the ball. And he’s a much more consistent pass-catcher than I was.”

Reply/Quote
i will.take Green any day over Jones.for one AJ plays out doors 16 games a year except this year
i dont have PFF stats in front of me but one thing i see from time to time.
on down and distance AJ is asked to run the same routes over and over.
its not his fault.by any means
but heres what i dont see much from.Green in the route running.....i could be wrong
out and up
stop.and go
pivot
everytime the Bengals get inside the 10 its that same fade route to the back.corner to AJ
which is never a %
id like to see more routes to.AJ where he catches the ball.in stride and just out run the defender
i think vs the Titans he ran a seam route and scored on about 70.yds.
but even that deep post route the Bengals have got away from with him.
but as the season wears on AJ it appears to encounter more double teams and by the 4th q.hes
physically beat.
this year you will see a more fresher AJ in the 4th q. which is only a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 11:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Of course some hold him accountable, but there’s plenty that don’t. That’s all I’m pointing out. The inconsistency of making every excuse for one player vs harping on a few bad plays for another.

Hey, when Dalton plays bad i say it, i just don't slam him like Cornerblitz does.

Andy Dalton is a solid QB and he misses once in awhile like all of them do.

(07-14-2018, 12:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The same could be said for people like you and CB who do the same thing with Dalton.

For example....

Don't always agree with Fred but i cannot disagree with him here...

(07-14-2018, 08:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ok, back the truck up.  Where did I show "hate" for him?  Just because you don't polish his statue 24/7 doesn't mean that you hate him.   It means that if you are spending, what, $15 million a year(?) on him, there are going to be high expectations.  That is QB money and he had a down year. 

You point out one or two plays where Dalton missed him.  I remember overcoming two plays that AJ Green turned in to interceptions against Buffalo.  I remember week 1 a few years back against the Bears where AJ Green giftwrapped a bobbled pass for an INT.  It goes both ways. No one on here seems to have an issue pointing out flaws in other players games. 

I do believe he will be the best WR in our history, but right now, I would take Chad at his peak over AJ at his...just on the field.  

Agree with everything early, those interceptions last season that AJ gave to the Bills were bad.

I love Chad but in their prime i would take AJ every time over him.
Reply/Quote