Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Rapien Podcast
(07-07-2018, 06:43 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: That's because he only played 5 games in 2014.  He played as many games last year as Eifert did the past 2.

I fail to see how that changes my point 
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2018, 08:21 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I fail to see how that changes my point 

Burfict had one season in 6 where he missed the majority of games, Eifert has had 3 in 5.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 03:01 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: Burfict had one season in 6 where he missed the majority of games, Eifert has had 3 in 5.

That's still entirely separate from Burfict barely playing in over half the games over the past 4. They both have been dreadful when it comes to reliability. 
Reply/Quote
just some more cushion for crushing
Reply/Quote
Joe Goodberry was the guy I was thinking of.   He writes for the Athletic (Mo Egger and C. Trent Rosecrans do as well).  He's really pretty decent.  

I agree that Rapien gets very tiring, but Goodberry is worth listening to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 05:51 PM)3wt Wrote: Joe Goodberry was the guy I was thinking of.   He writes for the Athletic (Mo Egger and C. Trent Rosecrans do as well).  He's really pretty decent.  

I agree that Rapien gets very tiring, but Goodberry is worth listening to.

Do you follow that Goodberry guy on Twitter? He is absolutely unbearable. So freaking negative about everything. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 02:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Do you follow that Goodberry guy on Twitter? He is absolutely unbearable. So freaking negative about everything. 

I'm showing my age and social media ineptitude.   I don't follow twitter... or instagram... and I hate Facebook.

It's bad enough I have my face buried in this so much Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 02:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Do you follow that Goodberry guy on Twitter? He is absolutely unbearable. So freaking negative about everything. 

I enjoy Joe's content. I don't see him as that negative. He does film breakdown during the season and that's enjoyable. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Goodberry WAS a great follow on twitter, but suspect he won't be as interesting now that he on The Athletic payroll and will likely keep his worthwhile content behind the paywall. I also agree that his negativity and revisionist history arguments get old sometimes.

Rapien is a big pile of meh. His proposed trades reek of a dude who plays too much Madden and thinks that's how the real world NFL works. He also trying too hard with the Blandy Dalton bit. That's compelling stuff when someone with the credibility of a former NFL player says it, not so much when it coming from a fanboy. Like poster above said, he needs to just stick to the interview/hosting and let his guests provide the insight and opinions.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 11:15 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Burfict when healthy and playing is an elite LB. I know he got paid big time but i rather have him on this squad than not.

Me Too.   Burfict can self destruct (why he was undrafted) but .....i NEED that guy to SMASH a few guys and give us some toughness.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 03:53 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Rapien is a big pile of meh. His proposed trades reek of a dude who plays too much Madden and thinks that's how the real world NFL works. He also trying too hard with the Blandy Dalton bit. That's compelling stuff when someone with the credibility of a former NFL player says it, not so much when it coming from a fanboy. Like poster above said, he needs to just stick to the interview/hosting and let his guests provide the insight and opinions.

So the same exact insight and opinions can come from a radio host or a past player but only mean something if its from a player? 90% of the opinions we hear on tv/radio are from people who didn't play on the professional level. Steven A Smith, Mo Eggar, Kellerman, Rapien, Travis Clay, Cowherd, a million others. Now a lot of these people give really dumb takes because they need ratings but someone doesn't need to be a former player to be able to understand the game (See Bill Belichick). 

How many opinions have we heard on Dalton from former players who really know nothing about him and have probably only seen a handful of his games? At least Rapien is a die hard and is around the players every day seeing what they're doing. 
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 10:17 PM)Sweetness Wrote: So the same exact insight and opinions can come from a radio host or a past player but only mean something if its from a player? 90% of the opinions we hear on tv/radio are from people who didn't play on the professional level. Steven A Smith, Mo Eggar, Kellerman, Rapien, Travis Clay, Cowherd, a million others. Now a lot of these people give really dumb takes because they need ratings but someone doesn't need to be a former player to be able to understand the game (See Bill Belichick). 

How many opinions have we heard on Dalton from former players who really know nothing about him and have probably only seen a handful of his games? At least Rapien is a die hard and is around the players every day seeing what they're doing. 

That's the point I was making Mrs. Rapien. He trying too hard to be like those other turds you mentioned. And I'd say the same thing about them too if they were doing the Blandy Dalton routine. It not as effective coming from shock jocks (or wannabe shock jocks) as it would be if say, Boomer Esiason was saying it.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 08:57 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: That's the point I was making Mrs. Rapien. He trying too hard to be like those other turds you mentioned. And I'd say the same thing about them too if they were doing the Blandy Dalton routine. It not as effective coming from shock jocks (or wannabe shock jocks) as it would be if say, Boomer Esiason was saying it.

I confront really see how saying Rapien comes off as dumb sounding as all those other guys I mentions means I'm a supporter. Ive been on here criticizing how pitiful the Cincinnati media is multiple times. But if Rapien and Boomer say the same exact thing but it only matters if it comes from Boomer is equally as dumb and nonsensical. 
Reply/Quote