Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green Embraces teaming up with Burrow
https://247sports.com/Article/AJ-Green-Joe-Burrow-Cincinnati-Bengals-football-quarterback-wide-receiver-2020-NFL-season-149276504/
Reply/Quote
18 mil and a shiny new QB to catch passes from...not a bad gig for Mr. Green.

Can’t wait to see these two together. Hell, I can’t wait to see AJ on the field period.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Quote:A.J. Green embraces teaming up with Joe Burrow: 'He's a dog'

Identity theft! Pissed

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 09:26 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Identity theft! Pissed

Lol!! I wanted to put that in the title but thought it would be to long. Burrow arrives tomorrow!
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 09:26 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Identity theft! Pissed

The nerve of some people.

I heard Howie Long call him the same thing and quickly add "in a good way."
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 11:21 PM)McC Wrote: I heard Howie Long call him the same thing and quickly add "in a good way."

Dan Patrick did an interview with Burrow.  Later I heard him on his show talking about Joe.  Dan said he was "over-confident", but then quickly added "but in a good way".
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 12:50 AM)Tony Wrote: https://247sports.com/Article/AJ-Green-Joe-Burrow-Cincinnati-Bengals-football-quarterback-wide-receiver-2020-NFL-season-149276504/

Nice read, thanks. AJ is right, him and Andy had a similar situation coming into the league in a lockout season with no OTA's.

I agree that if there is a rookie QB that could do it Burrow is that type with the way he studies with his smarts.

The mental part of the game is a big jump and then there is how much faster the game is. But I think with Burrow he will be
able to handle it as AJ said once everything starts to click. Getting chemistry will be the hard part which is why I don't like how
the NFL canceled all Preseason games, this hurts teams with rookies needing to make an impact right off the bat.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 01:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice read, thanks. AJ is right, him and Andy had a similar situation coming into the league in a lockout season with no OTA's.

I agree that if there is a rookie QB that could do it Burrow is that type with the way he studies with his smarts.

The mental part of the game is a big jump and then there is how much faster the game is. But I think with Burrow he will be
able to handle it as AJ said once everything starts to click. Getting chemistry will be the hard part which is why I don't like how
the NFL canceled all Preseason games, this hurts teams with rookies needing to make an impact right off the bat.

Yup

Most rookie QB's would be in a bad way this season. And I'm not saying JB is gonna just tear it up right from the jump. However, there's not another QB I've seen lately I'd give a better chance of adapting than Joe.
Reply/Quote
Jimmy Johnson said pre season is over rated. He says you build chemistry better in practice anyway.
Reply/Quote
I still wish we would've brought in a true veteran QB that has been in the league for several years. Even more now with no preseason games. Ryan Finley doesn't have anything of that as a QB other than knowing some of the playbook. If Burrow happens to missa game or 2 were not winning any of those games. Im hoping they roll with Dolienga as the #2 because at least he would give the receivers a similar look to what they'd be getting from Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 04:34 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Jimmy Johnson said pre season is over rated. He says you build chemistry better in practice anyway.

I agree 100%, but I bet even Jimmy would like at least 1 or 2 preseason games.

I think 2 is plenty.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2020, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree 100%, but I bet even Jimmy would like at least 1 or 2 preseason games.

I think 2 is plenty.

He was on Colin Cowherd silently calling for no pre season for years he said after 1 week he knew 50 of the 53 were plus he knew all the starters
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2020, 02:56 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He was on Colin Cowherd silently calling for no pre season for years he said after 1 week he knew 50 of the 53 were plus he knew all the starters

They don't even allow padded practices the first week of training camp anymore... Alot has changed since the 90s.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 04:34 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Jimmy Johnson said pre season is over rated. He says you build chemistry better in practice anyway.

They can do almost anything they do in pre season at practice. What pre-season gives is a chance for players who won't make the cut on one team a chance to catch on somewhere else with less talent at that particular position, and coaches a chance to further scout other teams cuts.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 05:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They can do almost anything they do in pre season at practice. 

Only if you run your #1 offense against your #1 defense.

And even though most teams run mostly vanilla schemes in preseason it is still good for players to have to read opposing offenses and defenses.  Peyton Manning was a Hall of Famer mainly for what he did before the ball was ever snapped.  Even when he could barely throw the ball Denver's running game improved when he played just based on his pre-snap reads and adjustments.  And even when Burfict was not 100% healthy our defense improved with him playing because of his ability to read the offense and set the defense.

I always said 4 preseason games were too many.  the final one was always a complete joke.  But I think one or two preseason games are necessary to get a team ready to start the season.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 11:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Only if you run your #1 offense against your #1 defense.

Which is exactly what they should do.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 03:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Which is exactly what they should do.

Here is the problem.  You have to have separate practice  periods for the offense and defense because you work on different things with each unit.  

If you run your #1's full time for both periods you end up wearing them out and increasing the chance of injuries.  First team defense should not be getting beaten up during the offensive portion of practice and vice versa.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 03:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is the problem.  You have to have separate practice  periods for the offense and defense because you work on different things with each unit.  

If you run your #1's full time for both periods you end up wearing them out and increasing the chance of injuries.  First team defense should not be getting beaten up during the offensive portion of practice and vice versa.

I wasn't suggesting they do it full time for the whole practice, but part of the practice should always be 1's against 1's. I know they do this because linemen talk about practicing against each other, I'm just not sure of the percentage.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2020, 04:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

Most rookie QB's would be in a bad way this season. And I'm not saying JB is gonna just tear it up right from the jump. However, there's not another QB I've seen lately I'd give a better chance of adapting than Joe.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote