Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we want"
(12-02-2016, 10:42 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I was just watching this again. The humble is in his blood.

A lot of that humbleness comes from his faith.  Him and Dalton both.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 03:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: Man, I wish AJ would speak more often.  The more I hear from him, the more I love him.  We're fortunate to have him on many levels.

One of the things I love about him is how quiet he is. When he speaks, you listen. When he speaks, its pure class. I love that we only get 1 or 2 quotable things out of him per year. Makes what he says that much better.
Reply/Quote
AJ Green is a glowing beacon amidst a wrath of Bengals criticism when most needed.

Love the kid !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 10:50 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Yes, OB, I am an old fart!!  Hey are you a Florida transplant like myself?  I'm down here in Lee County, SW Florida.

Moved here in 2000.  Lee County is Naples area, correct?
Reply/Quote
Nothing new here. AJ is a class act through and through. Hope he gets his yards he needs to join Moss.

Btw, why did Fred get banned?

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 08:29 PM)Derrick Wrote: I really hope AJ gets back this season and gets the 36 yards he needs WITHOUT aggravating his hammy injury. ThumbsUp

Most definitely.  I don't care if we throw 6 INTs forcing him the ball if it's the last game when he returns.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 11:19 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: One of the things I love about him is how quiet he is. When he speaks, you listen. When he speaks, its pure class. I love that we only get 1 or 2 quotable things out of him per year. Makes what he says that much better.

Absolutely.  I would probably be an AJ Green fan no matter where he played.  I sure am glad he's in stripes.....outstanding young man.  That's one of the things I really admire about the 14/18 dynamic....they truly are role models and class acts.  It's a far cry from the days of the outlaws.

Reply/Quote
AJ Green is my favorite player to ever suit up for the Bengals. Simple as that.

Looking forward to visiting his bust in Canton.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2016, 01:26 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Moved here in 2000.  Lee County is Naples area, correct?

Naples is Collier County.  Lee County is Fort Myers and Cape Coral. I live in Cape Coral.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2016, 10:22 AM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely.  I would probably be an AJ Green fan no matter where he played.  I sure am glad he's in stripes.....outstanding young man.  That's one of the things I really admire about the 14/18 dynamic....they truly are role models and class acts.  It's a far cry from the days of the outlaws.

I agree with this.  From everything I know, they are both extremely classy individuals.  I've read stories about both of their childhoods, and they seem to come from good, solid families.  It shows in the men they became.
Reply/Quote
AJ = the GOAT.

-- WHO DEY THINK GONNA BEAT DEM BENGALS!! --
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2016, 05:36 PM)MC Howley Wrote: AJ = the GOAT.

I remember your Shipley song... EPIC. MOST EPIC. THAT, my friend, is the GOAT of Bengals songs. It puts that Bootsy Collins crap to shame.
Reply/Quote
He doesn't have to give up, but he isn't winning a bowl here. Questionable if he will even win a playoff game here.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2016, 05:39 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I remember your Shipley song... EPIC. MOST EPIC. THAT, my friend, is the GOAT of Bengals songs. It puts that Bootsy Collins crap to shame.

Nobody puts Bootsy to shame son...... LMAO

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 10:11 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Such as??

Yes, of course there were exceptions, like Billy "White Shoes" Johnson and Gastineau started the 'sack' dance, but for the most part, the most celebration you saw was the spiking of a football.

Washington's Fun Bunch was the original group celebration.  No flags, no fines.  Although I do remember a Cowboys player being mad they were about to celebrate a TD in Texas Stadium and ran into the middle of it to break it up.  Tom Landry disciplined him for interfering with it, calling it unsportsmanlike.  If I remember correctly he benched the guy for it.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2016, 09:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Nobody puts Bootsy to shame son...... LMAO

Maybe Dr. Funkenstein Smirk
Reply/Quote
As to the OP. I like what Green said about not bailing out on his teammates, but he also made statements that he would not rush back to chase anything and risk his future, which to me says there is only a slim chance that he will return at all this season.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 01:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Washington's Fun Bunch was the original group celebration.  No flags, no fines.  Although I do remember a Cowboys player being mad they were about to celebrate a TD in Texas Stadium and ran into the middle of it to break it up.  Tom Landry disciplined him for interfering with it, calling it unsportsmanlike.  If I remember correctly he benched the guy for it.

I remember it well.  Again that was in the 1980s when it all started, not in the 50s, 60s, and 70s until Billy Johnson did it first in 1974.  Not much else happened until the 1980s.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14184303/history-nfl-end-zone-celebrations-homer-jones-ickey-woods-cam-newton
Reply/Quote