Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AJ Green Injured? Replaced at the Pro Bowl
Just saw that TY Hilton is going to the Pro Bowl for an Injured AJ Green?

Is this a fake injury and he just doesn't want to go?
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
Fake or not, I'm glad he isn't going.
Reply/Quote
My guess is AJ is nicked up from the grind of the season, is just focused on getting healed up and resting to be in shape for next season.  It's just a guess, but AJ is a pro, and probably still fuming over this season.  Maybe he wants to make sure to not aggravate a nagging injury and make things worse so he's 100% good to go for his offseason workouts and ready to take the field day 1 for OTAs.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't bother me if no Bengal ever played in this stupid game ever again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Might be a ploy to not get injured? I hope someday that they scrap this garbage all together. Why not just let the coaches and players vote on who was the years best at each position and call that, whatever... Letting fans vote on it has turned into a popularity contest. Remember when Payton Manning had the whole neck injury thing and was out a season and still made the playoffs....
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:14 PM)McC Wrote: Wouldn't bother me if no Bengal ever played in this stupid game ever again.

This.

If the league office had a shred of intelligence they'd do away with this joke of a "game". But, alas...  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:23 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: This.

If the league office had a shred of intelligence they'd do away with this joke of a "game". But, alas...  Whatever

Yep......why not just have the players honored, and then have a skills competition for each unit?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep......why not just have the players honored, and then have a skills competition for each unit?

Unlike the NBA or MLB, in football, guys still have to hit each other.  Doesn't the NHL just do a skills competition?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:28 PM)McC Wrote: Unlike the NBA or MLB, in football, guys still have to hit each other.  Doesn't the NHL just do a skills competition?

No, the NHL still plays a game as well. They have a whole weekend. The skills competition is the best part.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:28 PM)McC Wrote: Unlike the NBA or MLB, in football, guys still have to hit each other.  Doesn't the NHL just do a skills competition?

The play a game with no hitting and light defense. Scores are always 15-13.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep......why not just have the players honored, and then have a skills competition for each unit?

Or just make it a flag football game complete with the defensive line counting "1-one-thousand, 2-one-thousand ..."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
EVERY NFL player is nicked up by the end of the year, but I am guessing Green just listened to Eifert.
Reply/Quote
Maybe he's ashamed of showing up there after the season he put in. He had like 5 balls go off his hands for INTs, lost 2 fumbles, had a lot of easy passes hit his hands and drop them, and made very few impressive plays. Then just mailed in the back half of the season.

Final 7 games...
31 catches/385 yards (12.4 AVG)/3 TD .... 0 catches of more than 20 yards.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Pro Bowl should be played on Madden by video game champions.

Believe it or not video game competition is becoming big business with professionals making big money. It would make for a great "crossover" event.

This may sound stupid, but when I was in college and my roommates played Madden non-stop I often got engrossed in watching the games just like watching a real football game.
Reply/Quote
Would go a long way towards explaining his off year. Green only had 43 catches for 574 yards in his last 11 games.

For comparison, he had 66 catches for 964 yards in essentially 9 games in 2016 (he was injured very early in his 10th game). At least I'm hoping Green was playing hurt. He'll be 30 next year, so we might be seeing some slippage sometime soon.

As for the Eifert explanation, didn't Green play a Pro Bowl the year after Eifert's injury?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 12:59 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Just saw that TY Hilton is going to the Pro Bowl for an Injured AJ Green?

Is this a fake injury and he just doesn't want to go?

He looked fine at the National Championship game Monday Night, I think this is more of the case of not wanting to go.

Like others have said, great keep him away from this game and healthy.

2017 was a bad season (by his lofty standards) lets hope the old AJ is back in 2018!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Pro Bowl should be played on Madden by video game champions.

Believe it or not video game competition is becoming big business with professionals making big money.  It would make for a great "crossover" event.

This may sound stupid, but when I was in college and my roommates played Madden non-stop I often got engrossed in watching the games just like watching a real football game.

I had some pretty intense games on NCAA football 2006 with an old buddy of mine. He claimed he could master any game if given enough time, but no matter how much we played, I won at least 70% of the time...mostly because I figured out what defense to call no matter how often he switched up his strategy. We really had some amazing finishes that would give real life a run for the money. 

I still think that old NCAA series for PS2 was the best football games ever made.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The play a game with no hitting and light defense. Scores are always 15-13.

No hitting and light defense? That sounds like the current Bengals!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Or just make it a flag football game complete with the defensive line counting "1-one-thousand, 2-one-thousand ..."

Seems like I remember a flag football game played in the sand on a Hawaii beach years ago and a big time player blowing out a knee or something.  Was that at a PB?

Reply/Quote
The idea of the pro bowl, all star games, etc. became redundant with the advent of free agency and interleague play.
It's to the point where a team can send 5-6 players to the probowl who's contracts have expired and by the time the game is played they've already planned on signing with a different team in a different division in a different conference so team loyalty means exactly nothing.
There was a time when most fans rooted for the conference their team was in, but that's long gone and nobody cares who wins or even plays in the game. It's a beauty contest, nothing more, nothing less.
I'm pretty sure the pro bowl has lost its luster for most of the players as well. It's like getting a trophy for catching the bus on time...or even missing the bus and catching a cab..or just giving up and hitch hiking to their destination.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote